Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 09:19 PM   #61
kendog2

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

I've got one issue with this new release:

1. Snooze on my alarm doesn't work anymore. The alarm will sound once but if you hit snooze.........you lose.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:20 PM   #62
kjjb0204
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

I'm noticing that since I loaded .131 that after a long phone call, it takes up to 10 minutes, or a battery pull, or turning network connections off then on, to get my radio to start sending and receiving again. Anyone else experiencing this?
Old 02-16-2009, 08:58 PM   #63
mastermind763
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjb0204 View Post
I'm noticing that since I loaded .131 that after a long phone call, it takes up to 10 minutes, or a battery pull, or turning network connections off then on, to get my radio to start sending and receiving again. Anyone else experiencing this?
Same here...
Old 02-16-2009, 09:29 PM   #64
kjjb0204

That problem, combined with the backlight delay, is making me think I should go back to 117. Seems battery life isn't as good on 131 either.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:55 PM   #65
kjjb0204

Went back to .119, all issues with .131 went away.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:42 PM   #66
newtda
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: verizon

I just did the update everything worked, But now it is say i have two new messages either MMS, email or sms. I dont see any new messages though.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:18 AM   #67
atom631
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO KNOW WHAT THIS RELEASE OFFERS:[/COLOR][/B]

Sprint Software Downloads - PDAs and Smartphones - BlackBerry® Curve™ 8330

Click on "More Details" and then scroll down the page and it will show you MMS, HTML email, etc. as added features.
so at the very bottom of the details, it says"

Dataviz Documents To Go Application gives you the ability to download and save a file to your BlackBerry to view or edit later. Requires Visit the DataViz® website to register with DataViz and download an update for Documents To Go that includes Sheet To Go.

i looked all over the phone and cannot find documents to go. any idea where this is?

i then went to the dataviz website and tried to register and its asking for a registration number...and it says the only way to find it is to open one of the document to go programs????
Old 02-18-2009, 11:23 AM   #68
atom631
Thumbs Must Hurt

also...

i can now send MMS messages no problem, but when receiving a mms message i still have to click the link and go to the webpage? that sucks.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:14 PM   #69
French
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Verizon

I'm a Verizon subscriber and have noticed major issues with BBM and Facebook. Both are losing my messages. BBM dumps my conversations and Facebook dumps my messages. I have plenty of memory (28 megs) so that's not it. Also, there are delays with BBM now.

I didn't use either app all THAT much in prior releases, but when I DID use them I didn't have things disappearing. I'm afraid I'll be joining the group of people performing a downgrade. I just gotta research which one seems the least buggy.

Is anyone else just thoroughly frustrated that each OS released fixes something, but breaks more??
Old 02-19-2009, 12:11 PM   #70
kusellout69
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530

Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post
I'm a Verizon subscriber and have noticed major issues with BBM and Facebook. Both are losing my messages. BBM dumps my conversations and Facebook dumps my messages. I have plenty of memory (28 megs) so that's not it. Also, there are delays with BBM now.

I didn't use either app all THAT much in prior releases, but when I DID use them I didn't have things disappearing. I'm afraid I'll be joining the group of people performing a downgrade. I just gotta research which one seems the least buggy.

Is anyone else just thoroughly frustrated that each OS released fixes something, but breaks more??
I haven't experienced any issues on Facebook with this release although I don't use BBM.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:15 AM   #71
French
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusellout69 View Post
I haven't experienced any issues on Facebook with this release although I don't use BBM.
Thank you for responding. I can't seem to get anyone else to respond one way or the other if they are experiencing the same issues.

I downgraded to 4.5.119 and FB and BBM both seem more "stable". At least I'm not losing stuff as much. My BBM conversations seem to stay intact a little better, although another one dumped on me last night.

If you do a reset (whether it be alt shift delete OR battery pull), do your facebook messages go away then? I'm not sure it's dumping unopened FB messages...but it definitely seems to dump opened ones.

I actually liked everything else about this OS version. I even felt the browser might have been snappier. I would love to go back to it. But I do seem to be functioning a little better with 119.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:18 AM   #72
Eschguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
Well, I finished my upgrade about 20 minutes ago, so far the improvements and bug fixes noticed:

- the scratches all disappeared from my faceplate, it looks brand new!

- my carpal tunnel syndrome has subsided down to near-nothing, could be from the Tylenol, we'll see.

- my 1990 Hyundai stopped leaking oil.. still burns it and smokes like crazy, but hey, it's 18 now.

- my wife is in a good mood for the first time in several weeks.

Always upgrade.

LOL, etc..
Haha, thank you for that. Made my night.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:22 PM   #73
alb123
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: ********

Quote:
Originally Posted by alb123 View Post
I installed the new 4.5.0.131 official release on my VZW 8330 Curve and unfortunately, after 2 hours of "testing" the new OS and several reboots/battery pulls I could not rid the phone of painfully slow operation. I was very excited to see my Free Memory had increased by at least 5MB when the phone was rebooted (had 40MB Free for the first time in a LONG time). However, moving my pointer was ridiculously slow jumping from icon to icon. Opening a folder or going into OPTIONS (for example) was ridiculously slow. Just a severe lag in response from the trackball and/clicking a folder or app icon. Lastly, when testing the keyboard response time by sending email then sms then mms - I would be 3-4 words ahead of the screen response. I couldn't believe it. I had no choice but to remove 4.5.0.131 and go back to my previous version.

I hope no one else experiences these problems. But, if someone does and discovers a "fix" please let me know. Oh, btw...My install of 4.5.0.131 went flawlessly. No lockups or 5xx messages at all.

Chris
Well, good news for me! Out of sheer boredom I decided to reinstall .131 early this morning. And wouldn't you know - every problem I described in my original post does not exist currently. The reason I didn't just reinstall immediately, the first time, is because I did not encounter anything out of the ordinary when installing .131 AND the issues I was encountering were mentioned in some posts here and on other BB forums. So, while my complaints were not along the lines of the phone crashing/locking up/apps not working, just mainly running slow, I figured I would wait for a new version and pass on .131....

Who says boredom is a BAD thing? ;)

I definitely give .131 two thumbs up now! Sorry if I misled any other 8330 device owners to pass on this OS version...

Chris

join #blackberry on EFNet today!
Old 02-22-2009, 08:52 PM   #74
shospeed

Carrier: sprint

i downloded this update and it worked and fixed my pic problem.

Thanks
Old 02-22-2009, 09:52 PM   #75
French
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Well, good news for me! Out of sheer boredom I decided to reinstall .131 early this morning. And wouldn't you know - every problem I described in my original post does not exist currently. The reason I didn't just reinstall immediately, the first time, is because I did not encounter anything out of the ordinary when installing .131 AND the issues I was encountering were mentioned in some posts here and on other BB forums. So, while my complaints were not along the lines of the phone crashing/locking up/apps not working, just mainly running slow, I figured I would wait for a new version and pass on .131....

Who says boredom is a BAD thing? ;)

I definitely give .131 two thumbs up now! Sorry if I misled any other 8330 device owners to pass on this OS version...

Chris
I'm glad to see this post. I was having issues with 131 that caused me to uninstall and go back to .119.

Do you use BBM? If so, could you monitor it and let me know if you notice conversations getting dumped? Also, Facebook was losing my messages as well.

Your post gives me hope that maybe I just need to do another install of 131...maybe something hiccuped along the way.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:47 AM   #76
shiuvaun

I downloaded the 4.5.0.131 from the Sprint site. I see several mentions of HTML email and resending the service books. I just got my 8330 so I am still learning. HTML email (like yahoo) means that I should be able to see the pictures within the emails instead of the html site addresses ... is that right? If so I am still just getting all text no pics in my emails. Also, what are service books? What do they do for you? Sorry ... I know I sound like an idiot, but like I said haven't had the 8330 long. Thanks for any help anyone can give me. Love the phone. Also, my brother-in-law lives in the outskirts of town where there is no internet service provider. Sprint wants to charge a $15 monthly fee (but have to be on an individual plan to use phone as modem) and a tethering fee. Anyone know of any software out there that will let them use the phone as modem in a cloaked form so that they are not charged by Sprint? Again, thanks.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:49 AM   #77
shiuvaun

I downloaded the 4.5.0.131 from the Sprint site. I see several mentions of HTML email and resending the service books. I just got my 8330 so I am still learning. HTML email (like yahoo) means that I should be able to see the pictures within the emails instead of the html site addresses ... is that right? If so I am still just getting all text no pics in my emails. Also, what are service books? What do they do for you? Sorry ... I know I sound like an idiot, but like I said I haven't had the 8330 long. Thanks for any help anyone can give me. Love the phone. Also, my brother-in-law lives in the outskirts of town where there is no internet service provider. Sprint wants to charge a $15 monthly fee (but have to be on an individual plan to use phone as modem, can't do it with a shared plan) and a tethering fee of (I believe) $25.00. Anyone know of any software out there that will let them use the phone as modem in a cloaked form so that they are not charged by Sprint? Again, thanks.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:07 AM   #78
alb123
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: ********

Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post
I'm glad to see this post. I was having issues with 131 that caused me to uninstall and go back to .119.

Do you use BBM? If so, could you monitor it and let me know if you notice conversations getting dumped? Also, Facebook was losing my messages as well.

Your post gives me hope that maybe I just need to do another install of 131...maybe something hiccuped along the way.
I only have a few BB Messenger contacts...feel free to hit me up (Pin is listed). My FB app is working just fine and I dont see ANY problems at all. As for the speakerphone blast, I wasnt really paying attention (I got so used to it, I didnt even notice it unless I was focusing on it)... All my media is working just fine, etc..

join #blackberry on EFNet today!
Old 02-23-2009, 12:59 PM   #79
French
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
I only have a few BB Messenger contacts...feel free to hit me up (Pin is listed). My FB app is working just fine and I dont see ANY problems at all. As for the speakerphone blast, I wasnt really paying attention (I got so used to it, I didnt even notice it unless I was focusing on it)... All my media is working just fine, etc..
Thanks...message sent. I will say that the messages that have been getting dumped are fairly long. Not always, though.

It might be my imagination, but I do feel like .119 is going through battery a little faster. I would love to get .131 on here if I can confirm the BBM issue went away. Maybe it was just a hiccup for me. I'm willing to try it again but want to test just a little bit first (It's a PITA reloading all my databases, etc.).
Old 02-24-2009, 11:29 PM   #80
timmysk

Carrier: sasktel
Default A little nervous

Are you sure this will go on all carriers, I'm with Sasktel and we don't have an update yet. I've had my curve for almost a year now and want to update it. I'm tired of waiting for my carrier to get it.
Closed Thread