Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 04:55 AM   #1
Masterteee89
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Default Weird Screen Clicking Issue

Please Login to Remove!

The past two couple nights while im at work my screen would stop clicking completely... it feels like theirs something behind it thats sticky or something but i know theirs not .I work in a Warehouse where its about 45-10 degrees in their so its cold! Before i go to work my phone works amazingly! Then at work the screen gets worse through the night. It sits in my Pallet Jack/Forklift perfectly unharmed from anything through out the night.. When i get home i take out those two middle screws on the back that deal with the screen and air dust the crap out of it put the screws back in at adjust it and its back to normal again!

Anybody have any idea or thoughts of what could cause this? Could it be the cold temps? I have no idea... i have never smashed it up against my leg in my pocket or anything of that nature. And this just started like 2 nights ago.. ive had my phone since the end of November.. and never had this weird problem.

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2009, 11:00 AM   #2
correia
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm

I can't say why this would be happening, but I have a different screen issue. Sorry don't mean to Hijack.

My issue is that when I take my Storm out of the holster, it never responds to the first click of the screen. I always have to click a second time for it to respond to the click, but then works normally after that. Have you had this occur to you?
Old 01-28-2009, 11:14 AM   #3
The_Fuzz22

PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone uk

I find that changes in temperature seem to make a difference to the "clickability" of the screen.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:30 PM   #4
rpjohs
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530

I had this issue when I was at the driving range. It felt like my screen had gotten stuck in the "pressed in" position. I popped the battery and it has been fine ever since. This was well over a month ago and I havent noticed the issue since then.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:50 PM   #5
The_Fuzz22

PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone uk

There is a pretty simple solution going round, you can find full instructions on youtube but the basic gist is this:

Take a small square of paper (no bigger than the size of the sticker behind your battery) and fold it in half once. Place it beneath the battery and try to keep it as centered as possible while replacing the battery.
Pop the back cover on and push the screen, it should be far more "clicky" and stay that way.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:56 PM   #6
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fuzz22 View Post
There is a pretty simple solution going round, you can find full instructions on youtube but the basic gist is this:

Take a small square of paper (no bigger than the size of the sticker behind your battery) and fold it in half once. Place it beneath the battery and try to keep it as centered as possible while replacing the battery.
Pop the back cover on and push the screen, it should be far more "clicky" and stay that way.
I think there is more to this problem than the old screen click fix. The bigger question is what material is flexing in the phone based on temperature, and why?
Old 01-28-2009, 01:56 PM   #7
xxDruMMer BoYxx
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
PIN: PM and Ask
Carrier: VZW

It happened to me...but it was all because I had loosened the screws too much...

EnJOYing my TOUR!!!
Closed Thread