BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 04:10 AM   #1
neumanb

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default Seidio Innocase II Screen Issue??

Please Login to Remove!

I just received the Innocase II Surface and Innocase Holster for the Storm. After I assembled it, the screen was not clickable and I was not able to type or click on icons. I had to adjust the torx screws under the battery case in order to fix this issue but it's still not as great as it was before. Did anyone else expreience this problem?
Old 01-06-2009, 09:58 AM   #2
Nickster248
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: 2333C6FD
Carrier: Telus

Just received mine this morning, but haven't installed it yet. I sure hope I don't run into the same problem as you, but if I do, I think I'd sooner send it back rather than fool around with the torx screws. I might try the small feld pads as an alternative, but one shouldn't have to go to such extremes to make a Storm work after simply installing a case.

BB PIN: 2333C6FD on a Torch 9800
Old 01-06-2009, 10:30 AM   #3
seidioseidio
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by neumanb View Post
I just received the Innocase II Surface and Innocase Holster for the Storm. After I assembled it, the screen was not clickable and I was not able to type or click on icons. I had to adjust the torx screws under the battery case in order to fix this issue but it's still not as great as it was before. Did anyone else expreience this problem?
Neumanb,

We have had some people that were having this problem, but only those that have modified their Storms. Most of them (as it looks like you did) have found that adjusting their screws back to normal solved this issue.

Thanks,
Old 01-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #4
Qban Rascal
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: T-Mo

i had the same problem but thats because i had a folded piece of paper under the battery. took it out and it works fine now
Old 01-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #5
ChrisLe

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

No problems here, but I never adjusted the screws or used the card trick..
Old 01-06-2009, 07:13 PM   #6
searly
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: Mine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
Neumanb,

We have had some people that were having this problem, but only those that have modified their Storms. Most of them (as it looks like you did) have found that adjusting their screws back to normal solved this issue.

Thanks,
Is this because of the fit of the case? Is it because the case fits so snug that it acts the same way the "card trick" does in terms of the pressure put on the device from behind? I have been wanting to get the case, but do not want to go through any difficulties with the screen. I do not use the card trick, but have adjusted the torx screws (which works perfectly for me). I do not have a problem re-adjusting if necessary, I just want to make the device works as needed.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:33 PM   #7
jseah
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: 30496979

Quote:
Originally Posted by searly View Post
Is this because of the fit of the case? Is it because the case fits so snug that it acts the same way the "card trick" does in terms of the pressure put on the device from behind? I have been wanting to get the case, but do not want to go through any difficulties with the screen. I do not use the card trick, but have adjusted the torx screws (which works perfectly for me). I do not have a problem re-adjusting if necessary, I just want to make the device works as needed.
I'm pretty sure that's the case. I ran into the same problem until I removed the business card from under the battery cover. You will probably need to adjust the torx screws back.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:33 AM   #8
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Hmmm, so have those who have installed the case without prior modification noticed any improvement in screen response?
Old 02-20-2009, 04:37 PM   #9
searly
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsntrenkler View Post
Hmmm, so have those who have installed the case without prior modification noticed any improvement in screen response?
I just got the case for my replacement device last night. I did have to return all the hardware settings back to normal for the screen to function (I did the torx screw adjustments). Before I turned the screws back to normal, the case rendered the device completely useless. However, it works OK when you turn them back. Unfortunately, to finally answer your question, no it does not improve screen response with the cover on it. So, if you are lucky enough to have a perfect screen right out of the box I would highly recommend the case. It is really nice! Not much added bulk at all and is very sturdy!
Old 02-20-2009, 09:23 PM   #10
quattrocs
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: TB
PIN: you want it, then ask

i never did any adjustments and it works just fine for me.

7105t, 8320, 9530, 9550, Now Thunderbolt BES Admin, LAN Admin, CAD Manager
wished i had invested in rim stock when it was $5
Old 02-21-2009, 02:05 PM   #11
Spartan

Model: Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrocs View Post
i never did any adjustments and it works just fine for me.
Same here. Just installed mine 2 days ago and it works great. Love this case.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:58 PM   #12
searly
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsntrenkler View Post
I need to respond to this again.... I initially reported that the case made no difference in the click response of the screen for me. This, however is not the case anymore. I make it a point to remove the case once a week to do a battery pull; I use QuickPull during the week to do resets and clear memory, etc... however once during the weekend I pull the battery just in case (makes me feel better). When the case was removed, I found it difficult to use the device screen. It was harder to press the screen and I did not get the same uniform response all over the screen as I do when the case is on. Obviously, this may only be an issue with my device, but I wanted to report back that, YES, it indeed improves the screen response with the case on.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:49 PM   #13
dh9733

PIN: N/A

I bought a Otter box protector and have run into a similiar problem. When typing some of the keys on the very edge of the screen won't work. Might try the paper under the battery solution.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:54 PM   #14
Bulgaro
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: Ask

I'm keeping a close eye on this thread . I am traveling Xcountry soon and I'm looking for a hard case and holster to buy . Thanks in advance for your input .
Old 02-24-2009, 03:13 PM   #15
seidioseidio
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint

Hello and thank you for your interests in our products!

The case is designed with a normal Storm without any modifications to it. So if your Storm has been modded in any way, we cannot guarantee any fitment. Thank you!
Closed Thread