BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 08:41 AM   #1
sweetgt

Model: 7100T
Default Those of you with the "Ebay" black leather case..I have a question

Please Login to Remove!

I bought the the black case on ebay everyone raves about..its a decent case for the price..but I do have a couple of questions.

Do you put unit in the case with screen facing your hip/body or away?

The speaker/ringer is quite muffled when in the case also..but thats what vibrate is for.

I have a little custom screen protector on my LCD and I notice that its getting marred from the case..mabye where the clip assemly is inside the case..mine is lined with the felt like matieral as well.

It could just be that the screen protector is just being rubbed..a bit..but im afraid if I take that off..I will start getting scratches on the screen from sliding it in and out of the case.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:30 PM   #2
sheakt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetgt
I bought the the black case on ebay everyone raves about..its a decent case for the price..but I do have a couple of questions.

Do you put unit in the case with screen facing your hip/body or away?

The speaker/ringer is quite muffled when in the case also..but thats what vibrate is for.

I have a little custom screen protector on my LCD and I notice that its getting marred from the case..mabye where the clip assemly is inside the case..mine is lined with the felt like matieral as well.

It could just be that the screen protector is just being rubbed..a bit..but im afraid if I take that off..I will start getting scratches on the screen from sliding it in and out of the case.
I can put the 7100 in either way and the "sleeper" function still works...

The inside of mine is also covered with a thin layer of "felt" and the inside portion of the clip assembly does seem like it could do some damage to the screen over time (I have not noticed any scratches and do not use a screen protector) however just putting the phone in "screen out" should aleviate that problem ( the battery door might get "worn" but those are cheaply and easily replaced...)

--K
Old 11-09-2005, 01:27 PM   #3
roccitman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100t
Carrier: T-Mobile

I put mine in with the screen facing toward me. Don't have a screen protector and was just today noticing that there are no scratches on my screen. I attribute that to keeping my phone in the case when I'm not looking at it. Haven't noticed the ringer being muffled but my phone is set to never make any noise when it's in the case.
-roccit
Old 11-09-2005, 02:00 PM   #4
sweetgt

Model: 7100T

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccitman
I put mine in with the screen facing toward me. Don't have a screen protector and was just today noticing that there are no scratches on my screen. I attribute that to keeping my phone in the case when I'm not looking at it. Haven't noticed the ringer being muffled but my phone is set to never make any noise when it's in the case.
-roccit
Ok good..the case is nice..and not bad looking I just wanted to see if any other users were concerned about the way the clip assembly felt, and if it did any damage to their's over time. I have had my case for just 1 week. I too put the screen towards my hip..so when I have the case horizotal, I can still see the service light..and its more natural to pull out.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:49 PM   #5
BBman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7105
Carrier: t-Mobile

I place my 7100t in the case so the back of the 7100t faces the clip. I also drilled five small holes (above th clip at the back of the case) so I can hear the ringer (tone)
Cliff
Old 11-09-2005, 05:18 PM   #6
europamo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

can someone post a pic of this case please? or point me to one.
Alexandre Dumas
Closed Thread