Old 11-09-2008, 06:19 PM   #1
attroll
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: US Cellular
Default alternitive Phone Book editor

Please Login to Remove!

I would like to find a program that will let me edit the blackberry phone book on my desktop computer either while connected to the blackberry or externally so that I can transfer it back onto the blackberry.

I have tried the sync tool that comes with the blackberry and it does not work properly with Outlook or Outlook Express. I have found that when you sync with it and are using categories that it will not properly sync. It will duplicate entries if you have entries assigned to multiple categories and in some cases will delete entries.

Does anyone have any suggestions to something that will do this?
Old 11-09-2008, 06:22 PM   #2
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

I would suggest you work on solving the sync issue. I have multiple categories assigned to my Outlook contacts with no issue.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:59 PM   #3
attroll

I would love to get it working properly.

I would rather user Outlook Express but that gives me more problems then Outlook.

Here are the steps I did.

1. I deleted all entries in my Outlook address book.
2. Open Blackberry desktop manager.
3. Click synchronize.
4. Click the Configure tab.
5. Click on Configure synch…
6. Put a check mark in Address Book.
7. Click on Choose.
8. Pick Microsoft Outlook.
9. Under Operation I pick Export.
10. Click OK
11. Then I click OK again.
12. I click the Synchronize tab
13. Click Synchronize Now

After I do this it comes up saying this:

The following changes from Handheld Address Book will be applied to your contacts data in Microsoft Outlook:
2 Addition(s)
13 Change(s)

If my address book is empty in Outlook and I am only exporting to it than why is it telling me that I have 2 additions and 13 changes.

Something is telling me that something is not set up right.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:02 PM   #4
attroll

I think I have finally gotten this to work (sort of) but for some reason it is not exporting all the records into Outlook. I have noticed that the people I have assigned to my speed dail list do not get exported to the Outlook phone book.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:25 PM   #5
attroll

TroyDBrown

There are categories and then there are groups. I am referring to categories.

I think I have this figured out though. I put a check mark in the REFRESH block in the sync area and that has gotten rid of the following issues when I export.

Quote:
The following changes from Handheld Address Book will be applied to your contacts data in Microsoft Outlook:
2 Addition(s)
13 Change(s)
I have not tried to syn both ways yet though. Before I do that I would like to figure out why it is not exporting the names that are in my address book for users that I have in my speed dial listing.

All the names that are in my address book will export to Outlook with the exception the names that I have assigned to my speed dial list. I can not understand what would cause this.

TroyDBrown or anyone else. Have you experienced this problem or do you know how to fix it?
Old 11-11-2008, 03:55 AM   #6
Meh!

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Wirelessly posted (BB Pearl)

There is indeed a program that allows you to pull the "ipd" file or whatever its called and edit on desktop and reload the updated file. I have it on my desktop, but am currently mobile. However if at your convenience you want to pin me and ill get softwares name for ya. Its free too.. Anyway if its somethin your interested in: pin:248adc92
Old 11-11-2008, 06:55 PM   #7
attroll

I did a follow up on this and I have 214 record on my BB address book and it says during the export that it is transferring 214. When it is done I only have 126 in my Outlook address book. It seems that some are getting lost somewhere.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:42 PM   #8
attroll

I figured out what the problem was.

If you do not have an email assigned to a person in your BB address book it will not export to Outgo. Outlook requires an email address.
Closed Thread