Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 11:58 PM   #1
DIMS

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t
Default Helpppp me!!!

Please Login to Remove!

okay i was trying to dl the new version of os 4.5.0 on my at&t 3310 and it was taking really long, it was at the pooint where it said "initializing phone" or something like that after it deleted everything. there was nothing on the screen as if it was off and the LED indicator blinks twice every 5 seconds. my laptop shut off and everything got erased , and the installation said it was doing the backup for me so i didnt save anything.
so..disconnected it in the middle of the process and now my bb has nothing on it at all, when i try to connect it to desktop manager it says no Pin detected. is it possible that it erased my Pin and everything else? what do i do now??? im afraid i messed it up completely, Help please!?
Old 10-29-2008, 12:16 AM   #2
Jason Mark
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9xxx
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIMS View Post
okay i was trying to dl the new version of os 4.5.0 on my at&t 3310 and it was taking really long, it was at the pooint where it said "initializing phone" or something like that after it deleted everything. there was nothing on the screen as if it was off and the LED indicator blinks twice every 5 seconds. my laptop shut off and everything got erased , and the installation said it was doing the backup for me so i didnt save anything.
so..disconnected it in the middle of the process and now my bb has nothing on it at all, when i try to connect it to desktop manager it says no Pin detected. is it possible that it erased my Pin and everything else? what do i do now??? im afraid i messed it up completely, Help please!?
Wow. You NEVER unplug the device. NEVER. The process takes some time. You fubar'd your Berry. Check out these links.

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ

What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ

Now after you wipe your screen will be white and have a '507' Error. From there, Plug in device>Open DM>Apploader>Add/Remove Programs and install 4.5 Core Applications. After it's done, and DON"T UNPLUG DEVICE UNTIL IT SAYS "LOADING OPERATION WAS SUCCESSFUL" restore from a previous back up.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:09 PM   #3
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIMS View Post
okay i was trying to dl the new version of os 4.5.0 on my at&t 3310 and it was taking really long
Be patient while updating. It can take up an hour to upgrade the OS.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #4
tricky_ott
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers

You did not erase your PIN. YOu did erase the OS and the java apps though. You can get that loaded back on by following the above links, but any databases will be blank.
Check your My documents folder for an auto backup file that you can use to restore your databases afetr you've got your software loaded back.
Closed Thread