Old 10-12-2008, 08:51 PM   #121
ewesley40
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: contact me
Carrier: Cingular/Att / verzion
Thumbs down 4.5 problems with ATT

Please Login to Remove!

Yes I also had a problem with 4.5 phone kept shuting down and booting up. Hour glass problems also. Not good for ATT users.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannypaul718 View Post
Very bugy. LED light stays on all the time. Hour glasses for everything. No HTML e-mails, Web browser hangs, no video recording, video player is unresponsive once video is being played. Going back to 4.2.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:54 PM   #122
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewesley40 View Post
Yes I also had a problem with 4.5 phone kept shuting down and booting up. Hour glass problems also. Not good for ATT users.
I know LOTS of ATT users who are using or have used this release. You'r general statement is incorrect. Perhaps if you post what issues you had we could steer you in the direction to fix it. Most rebooting issues are due to the media card. Constant hourglassing happens from the same problem.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:05 PM   #123
ewesley40

Default problem

like I said I was having problems with my phone staying on. If I tried to txt someone I had problems. If I tried to do anything I had problems with it. And about the Media card. What does that have to do with anything. I change out my Media card and still had the same problems. I thought my phone was damage. It was acting crazy. I had to get ATT to frpward my calls so I could receive them. My phone wouldnt stay on long enough to recieve calls. If you have any subjections pls let me know
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
I know LOTS of ATT users who are using or have used this release. You'r general statement is incorrect. Perhaps if you post what issues you had we could steer you in the direction to fix it. Most rebooting issues are due to the media card. Constant hourglassing happens from the same problem.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:11 PM   #124
John Clark
BBF Moderator

A search would have proven very useful on this. It's been asked and answered many many times on this forum. I even wrote a post on it and it's in the Media forum. A device that begins rebooting after upgrading to 4.5, the cause is usually a file or files on the media card. The OS scans the media card to load it's contents into the menu system. Occasionally, if it finds a picture, video or ringtone that it doesn't like it will cause the device to reboot. Also, it can get stuck scanning the card and never finish if it finds a file it doesn't like. The scan will cause the hourglass to come up about once every 1-3 seconds. The scan can take 5-20 minutes depending on the size of the media card and sometimes will hang if it finds something it doesn't like.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:34 PM   #125
ewesley40

Default problem

okay so what now. do I need to get another media card. I have a new one with nothing on it. Just tell me what to do and I will do it. I guess I can try it again

Quote:
Quote:
A search would have proven very useful on this. It's been asked and answered many many times on this forum. I even wrote a post on it and it's in the Media forum. A device that begins rebooting after upgrading to 4.5, the cause is usually a file or files on the media card. The OS scans the media card to load it's contents into the menu system. Occasionally, if it finds a picture, video or ringtone that it doesn't like it will cause the device to reboot. Also, it can get stuck scanning the card and never finish if it finds a file it doesn't like. The scan will cause the hourglass to come up about once every 1-3 seconds. The scan can take 5-20 minutes depending on the size of the media card and sometimes will hang if it finds something it doesn't like.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:37 PM   #126
ewesley40

Default problem

okay so what now? do I need to get another media card?I have a new one with nothing on it. Just tell me what to do and I will do it. I guess I can try it again

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-12-2008, 09:41 PM   #127
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Read this:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/medi...t-reboots.html

I would make a backup of the device using Desktop Manager.

Then I would do this:

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ

Then reload this latest version of OS 4.5. If you had any 3rd party apps, JL_Cmder will delete them. You should download them again fresh after the upgrade, and you've restored your backup and all is working.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:49 AM   #128
bram30

PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default hung up on app loader

My app loader is hung up on "connecting to device" after getting the 507 message. Anyone have any suggestions. I have used Jlcmder. I have tried with and without battery.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:09 PM   #129
Carlosrey23

Model: 8900

Hey folks just a few issues....with .81.

* Somehow I keep loosing my e-mail icons....I have to "re-install" or re setup my email to get them back.

* My email is not being pushed to my bb (8100). I can see that I receive new messages through the g-mail app, but I don't receive them through the the bb app. I only receive what I send out, not what I receive.

* Memory status fluctuates alot...I don't know if this is an issue of the upgrade or if it was here before but I can see my memory fluctuate from 1.1MB to 11.4MB of space available. What gives??

Anyone else having these issues?

Thanks!
Old 10-13-2008, 04:26 PM   #130
blakeatl
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: T-mobile

Only issue I've had with it is when I do a reboot, it resets my theme to the original. Other than that, it's rock solid and a lot faster.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:59 PM   #131
John Clark
BBF Moderator

I have tried the Today theme and this doesn't happen to me. Why does this happen only to some folks and not others?
Old 10-13-2008, 06:14 PM   #132
blakeatl

Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
I have tried the Today theme and this doesn't happen to me. Why does this happen only to some folks and not others?
I have the vista theme. It's not a big deal as I won't be doing much resetting.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:43 PM   #133
thats2odd
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: Cushion
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmink79 View Post
Hello Thats2odd,
how long did it take you to get the BB working reguarly without the hourglass, its a reall time waster and it stays for a long time
thanks
It would take about 1/2 hour and a battery pull and would work like a champ after that.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:20 PM   #134
mizditz101

Model: iPhne

ooo yay another new update!
I had .69 I think it was on my phone.. not sure if it was the software or the phone but I ended up with some pretty big issues.. (now I can't remember what they were though) I downgraded just before calling my CS, which only made my issues worse?!

Just got my replacement berry in today! So I'm thinking of trying this out!
As long as starting the camera up doesn't cause a reset, I'm happy!

-edit-
Now I'm not happy. Went to my local TMO store while downloading this software.. Get home to "error reading setup initialization file"

time for half hour download take two!

Last edited by mizditz101; 10-13-2008 at 08:52 PM..
Old 10-13-2008, 10:40 PM   #135
Carlosrey23

Default New 4.5.0.93

Well I've upgraded to .93..so far running like a champ! I have not seen anyhting different from .81 other than, and don't quote me on this, the Google talk app. I have had the upgrade for about an hour now, and from the get go it's much more stable than .81.

I have not had to reboot, other than the inital reboot after install.

Exploring the media card is a breeze now.....incredible upgrade!!!!

I found the update here: .mediafire.com/?w3mt2e4jzg3

I'll keep updating if I find any issues....

Ok one thing.....I cannot switch languanges as before by tapping the shift+enter keys....rats...I really liked that feature!!!!
It picks up the language automatically now!!!! no more switching required!!! NICE!!!!!

Last edited by Carlosrey23; 10-13-2008 at 10:42 PM..
Old 10-14-2008, 02:20 AM   #136
cameron.personal
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650

I received a FATAL ERROR, and now the BB has a picture with the "circle" "Square" and "triangle" and the numbers 507...

Search Function here I come!
Old 10-14-2008, 02:49 AM   #137
cameron.personal
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yikes!

I got apploader up and running and attempting to re-install the 4.5 OS and it starts out OK but then I get another error message:

"Unable to connect to device during a multi-stage load operation"

Old 10-14-2008, 04:06 AM   #138
cameron.personal
Thumbs Must Hurt

OK everyone can relax...

I used "SEARCH" and fixed everything!
Old 10-16-2008, 01:20 PM   #139
numindast

Default Don't Be Like Me

As n00bish and as stupid as this may sound, I humbly request the following be added to the original post:

Ensure you are directly connected to your computer via USB cable; do NOT permit any hubs or "daisy chains" to your computer.

Had I realized this early on, I'd have saved the last two hours of my life, thinking all along the way that I'd bricked my 8100 for good. It's only thanks to (another post about upgrade dying at uploading "net_rim_cldc.cod" which bbf.com is banning me from linking since i'm new) that I finally checked and discovered my USB cable was in fact going through a hub and was not directly connected to my computer. D'oh!!

(Sorry for the ugly link; seems I have to have 10 posts before I can post "neat" links instead of "ugly" ones. D'oh!!)
Old 10-17-2008, 01:09 AM   #140
curlin31

Has anyone noticed any significant differences/improvements with .81 relative to .55? My fiancee has complained of random reboots, and lagging with .55 and i'm wondering if it's worth it to run this upgrade. Thanks.
Closed Thread