Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 04:02 PM   #1
Walshy543

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: orange
Default Hey there guys..

Please Login to Remove!

Hiya guys ive just joined this forum was just really looking for some help on a problem ive bin having.

Bassicaly around a month ago my girlfriend purchased a brand new black berry bold on orange on a 35pounds a month contract, shes bin having various problems with the phone so i fought i would be nice and help her out i was going to go to the shop to ask abut these problems, but the warrenty ran out on friday so theres no point as thell just want out money to help.

1. Battery life - its not lasting long,even when the phone has no programs opended or running and bluetooth/3g and all them things are turned off is still not lasting long what is the average time the phone lasts before lossing its battery life. her phone lasts around 9/10 hours but that is just by letting it stand and not using it.

2. Signal - Shes bin having problems with her signal on it shes on the provider orange and lives in milton keynes which is a pretty gd place its not in the middle of nowhere so should have a gd signal, but shes not getting signal in her house or in other places which is very dissapointing as the phone is brand new is there any way to make it pick up signal better. on her old phone she got signal in her house but that was on 02.

3. Frozen - The phone has forzen a few times when texting people this is also bad and has to be reset by taking out sim and battery this isnt an offten problem probs once a week is this usal of the phone or is there something she has done wrong for this to occur.

Where both not the most amazing people with phones and understanding them we could just use the help and would be very appracietd.

Sorry about the spelling and grammer...

Sam

Old 09-14-2008, 04:47 PM   #2
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T

Bad signal will equal poor battery life. Most Bold owners with dropped calls and poor battery life seem to also have poor reception.

3G needs excellent or better than average signal to work well.

Last edited by greggebhardt; 09-14-2008 at 05:03 PM..
Old 09-14-2008, 04:57 PM   #3
princep
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Orange UK

I think all you need to do is to update the device firmware with all the latest fixes, etc
Old 09-14-2008, 05:28 PM   #4
Walshy543

Thank you so very much for these reply there very helpful in trying to make the phone a better useful device but the reply Update the firm ware and all the latest fixes .. im not sure how to do this can you give me a link or brief explanation on how to do this.
thank you
btw its a uk device

Last edited by Walshy543; 09-14-2008 at 05:40 PM..
Old 09-15-2008, 02:30 AM   #5
prescottspies
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: Orange

Walshy I had a similar problem. Most specifically around my PC station at home, i was getting very intermittent reception, with 3g reception strong then disappearing, dropping onto GPRS. Calls were being dropped etc etc.

What has worked for me so far is jumping into connectivity options and switching to 2G when I am at home - I have wireless LAN so my BB just picks up on that for internet anyway. Then when I am out and about and want faster internet I just switch to 3g again.

Its a slight ballache but acceptable enough. Hope it helps.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:04 AM   #6
Walshy543

Thank you for that help prescottspies ill definatly give it ago later and get back to you on if it has worked thank you once again.
Closed Thread