Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 02:00 AM   #21
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Please Login to Remove!

If you want to edit mine go right ahead scooby; I am done with this place for a while let the noobs have it.

I have been attacked in several threads today by people who want to do nothing but *****.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:39 AM   #22
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

I got tired a long time ago of replying to the same questions over and over and over. People don't want to search. That's too hard.

What I do, and I did in this case, is simply not respond to the thread. I can not tell you the number of times I've type the phrease "www.bongowireless.com" in response to the neverending unlocking questions.

I don't even bother to suggest that people search; it just generates newbie attacks. I left another forum completely because of newbie attacks. I'd prefer not to see that happen here.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:33 AM   #23
loopyloops

Model: 7250

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthchips
Speaking as a new kid on the block, I always search a message board when I'm trying to figure something out. However, the huge amount of info that some boards contain sometimes serve to confuse me and I try to whittle down my questions to very specific ones. I really like the suggestion that if someone asks something and you can help, great! If it annoys you that they are repeating other questions, then just leave that post alone. I visit several other message boards on varying subjects and see repeated questions over and over and over. Yes, it can drive you batty, but all in all the message boards I have used for years now have been incredibly helpful and if someone wants to repeat a question, far be it from me to criticize.

These are great boards, by the way! Good job!
Exactly! I always search and google first but use message boads on a variety of topics because there are folks there who can help you get to the meat of the specific topic. Too much info on the web as a whole! Also, answers to the the same question, in some cases, change over time, and ppl don't always update old threads.

Thanks for the answers!

Also, to me at least, the Blackberry is something I want to master and use, a mundane tool (I like it!) - and get on with my life - like a fork or a broom - maybe pick up a trick or a tweak along the way. It's not like, say, a video card or cpu which I might want to explore for fun - test out drivers etc.

Last edited by loopyloops; 10-08-2005 at 11:42 AM..
Old 10-08-2005, 11:41 AM   #24
twomblys
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250

"I am done with this place for a while"
Thank goodness. We'll get the same value from your posts still.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:28 PM   #25
Milkman
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

If this message is deleted or edited, so be it, but I think it needs to be said.

I am extremely disappointed in the Mods for their handling of the situation. While it is true that the board may want to present itself as a 'friendly' place to come ask your questions, I think that being too much of a Carebear may diminsh the overall value to the community. You will have entirely too many informative threads being pushed down the list to make way for 50-60 people asking where to get louder ring tones for their Blackberry.

It should be added to the new user post (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=1755) that you MUST search for the answer to your question (along with some simple directions in doing so). If you get a post from someone that OBVIOUSLY didn't search (much like this OP), then the post should be locked, with a 'friendly Carebear' reminder saying 'You didn't read the new user post! Shame on you! Please refer to afore mentioned post, and SEARCH for your question as it has been previously answered'. Once locked, it will be pushed down the list and the informative posts will remain on top (personally I think they should just be outright deleted, but I don't think anyone will go for that).

I have been on the BBforums enough to know that there is are forum moderators on QUITE a bit, so that shouldn't be a problem. No matter what forum you are on, searching is the NUMBER 1 rule. If you don't do it, shame on you. If we don't enforce it, shame on us.

I have not been here long enough to even have a fraction of a fraction of the posts that Dawg (and others) have, but I hope to one day be able to help people just like they have. I came here because I LOVE my BB, and want to help others that do as well, but if you can sign up for an account to post, then you can certainly search for your question.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:42 PM   #26
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

I won't delete anything, but this thread is being locked.

And to those that are "glad" that Dawg will not be responding, I presume you will be chipping in and helping 1/10th as much as he has.
Closed Thread