BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 09:13 PM   #1
Girion
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: T of Guinness plz
Carrier: Verizon
Default Anyone else's lady-friend get the Verizon pink Curve?

Please Login to Remove!

Finally talked my fiancee into getting a BB so that she can better organize her stuff, and we go to the Verizon store and what does she say? "I want that one (the 8330) because its pink." Not because its got a full keyboard, or it will allow me to keep in touch with her via email AND blackberry messenger, or she can keep notes and her calendar updated with our wedding stuff, or even that she's just plain tired of me raving about how cool my Pearl is and all the cool stuff I can do with it.

Nope. Only that she likes it because it was pink and it would match her pink bluetooth headset. If more women folk are like mine, Verizon is going to make a mint off the pink Curve...simply because its pink.

"For pretty things that serve no use, the true art finds its tether.
To those who know illumination comes wickless in the nether."
Old 08-26-2008, 09:32 PM   #2
LadyLucifer

Model: 8330
PIN: 3023F9E8
Carrier: Telus

Yes, I actually decided on getting the silver/original one. The other one offered by Telus Mobility (as an "exclusive" colour) was pink. I decided on silver because it's more neutral, and then I bought the black skin for it. I wish the Curve was available in black (I think it would look rather classy); though, I also saw that Rogers has it in a really splendid dark red/maroon (yet another "exclusive" colour).
Old 08-26-2008, 09:37 PM   #3
prodigee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Fido (City, Unlimited)

get the pink housing from horizon wireless!

83xx Curve OEM Housing - PINK [bb-83xx-Hous-Pink] - $67.20 : HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center ß
Old 08-26-2008, 10:16 PM   #4
blackhaliya

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

I bought a BB 8310 for about 175 dollars (second hand obviously) and i bought the pink housing for 57 dollars from cnn.cn ... cheap way around it, but the end result is a pink BB curve :P
Old 08-27-2008, 03:52 PM   #5
PCW
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Droid
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Exclamation The buttons are slightly different on the PinkBerry 8830

If you are considering getting the pink 8830 from Verizon, do a side-by-side comparison with the regular silver & black 8830. You'll notice a color difference on the front buttons and QWERTY keys. On the PinkBerry, the colored red and green phone buttons are subdued, making them harder to distinquish the colors. Also, the PinkBerry does not have the contrasting colors on the QWERTY keyboard number keys that visually sets them apart from the rest of the QWERTY keys.

If these minor cosmetic differences aren't a concern, then go for it. My wife just got one and soon noticed the difference and now wishes she would've purchased the regular 8830, along with a pink skin.
Closed Thread