Old 10-02-2005, 07:31 PM   #61
LeggNet
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dofficer
What about Yahoo email? Does it actually use push as oppose to other email accounts which takes 15 mins to wait for the fetch process?
I've actually been playing around with this. I set up my Yahoo account in the new BB setup page. I then configured my GMail account auto forwarding to forward to my @yahoo.com account rather than my @tmo.blackberry.net account. I'm pleased to say that it is immediate to the BB.

I'm going to leave it on the yahoo account for awhile and see what I think. But as for now, it is definately quick.

Rich
Old 10-02-2005, 07:36 PM   #62
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

eh, i don't notice Yahoo being fast. i just set up my GMAIL and Yahoo accounts and sent tests from both of them to the other and still haven't received them to the handheld - both are listed in either mailbox though.

...of course, that could have more to do with me just setting up BIS for the first time, as well...

now time to remove them.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:38 PM   #63
jibi
BlackBerry God

btw, removing the accounts from the TMO/BIS web interface immediately removes the associated service book from the handheld - thats a nice addition.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:41 PM   #64
jwasnick

Carrier: t-mobile

I have to agree with this. This is terrible service on their end. Email trickles in (hours later), i have resent service books as well. T-Mobile also has some upgrade for the 7290 (dated Sept. 29), that I cannot get to load onto the 7290. They also have an upgrade for the desktop manager (that did work). both were at this link: Anyone else experiencing this issue?

http://www.t-mobileapps.com/download...m?selDevice=14
Old 10-02-2005, 08:02 PM   #65
LeggNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwasnick
I have to agree with this. This is terrible service on their end. Email trickles in (hours later), i have resent service books as well. T-Mobile also has some upgrade for the 7290 (dated Sept. 29), that I cannot get to load onto the 7290. They also have an upgrade for the desktop manager (that did work). both were at this link: Anyone else experiencing this issue?

http://www.t-mobileapps.com/download...m?selDevice=14
Check the other thread on the latest update. It has to do with removing the vendor.xml file to get the update to take...

edit: here's the link http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...light=4.0.2.49

Last edited by LeggNet; 10-02-2005 at 08:05 PM..
Old 10-02-2005, 08:06 PM   #66
nlk10010
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

Resent the service books about 9 hours ago: got a few e-mails then nothing (have 4 set up: tmo.blackberry.net, Yahoo, Lotus Notes, Optimum and I auto-forward from my business account). So far I've gotten a FEW (Lotus Notes and I think Optimum) but NO business account and NO, NEVER, Yahoo.

Real sharp on T-Mo's part. Good thing they're cheaper than the other providers.

At this point I'm not hoping to see my e-mails back to where they were before the upgrade any time soon.

=NLK=
Old 10-02-2005, 08:21 PM   #67
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept
My only problem is trying to figure out how I can get the reply to address changed to something different than my @tmo.bb.net address.
When you go into messages ==> options ==> email reconciliation which service book do you have selected?

When you go to options ==> message service which is selected here?

Does it matter to change either of these?

I also found it cleared up some of my troubles to delete the old web client service book. I actually deleted all my service books (except provisioning) and started fresh. Seem to help.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:29 PM   #68
Soapm

Also, does anyones ESN/IMEI: stay in the change handheld screen. I can put mines in and save but it doesn't appear to stay.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:42 PM   #69
merlinw

Model: 8100

Well Soapm post '666'? hmm.....
I know for T-Mobile
anyway,
I went to the t-mobile email setup page, deleted gmail...
went back to gmail and turned back on the forwarding to my tmo address.
and gmail seems to work better now. for how long, it's anyones guess.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:59 PM   #70
Soapm

This post is just to rid myself of the mark of the beast..... The Son Of A Preacher Man can't be advertising for the other side!
Old 10-02-2005, 09:09 PM   #71
jwasnick

that updated the 7290. Now intellisync errors out with a runtime error when trying to synch. Any thoughts on that?
Old 10-02-2005, 09:12 PM   #72
merlinw

Well, now I get no mail from either gmail or yahoo.
I hope to h*** it's fixed by morning.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:23 PM   #73
penk
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: v6.0.0.461 on Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm
Also, does anyones ESN/IMEI: stay in the change handheld screen. I can put mines in and save but it doesn't appear to stay.
gave it two shots, said "screw it". no big deal. if it were an additional security measure, then i'd be more interested.

it would seem it wants to remain empty.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:25 PM   #74
merlinw

is the part about a new email address important?
from t-mobile web site....
Bring together up to 10 personal and work Internet-based e-mail accounts, automatically delivered to your BlackBerry handheld. All you need is your existing e-mail address, username, and password. You also get your own new BlackBerry Internet Service e-mail address.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:16 PM   #75
revel8tor

Default BIS Upgrade - First Impression

Like many who posted before the upgrade, I was concerned that T-Mobile could not completely deliver what many of us were hoping for, a new service with multiple sent from addresses that receives email immediately, and integrates to the Inbox, Sent Items, and Deleted Items of each email account set up. What we have is definitely an improvement, but we definitely don't have that ideal solution.
--
Here are some observations:

[......] = From bis/t-mobile help menu.

1) Only the [email address] account has "immediate" reception ability, just as before the upgrade.

2) Yahoo accounts seem to be quicker, and do integrate the Inbox, Sent and Trash. To do this, the Yahoo account must be chosen in the options menu for email reconciliation on the device. However, my tests so far have not made me feel comfortable enough to forward my business mail to a yahoo account. Some are fairly quick, some take up to 15 minutes. For personal users who don't mind the webmail interface of yahoo, this will probably be an improvement. I won't ever use Yahoo too much, because it's not IMAP compatible, and you can't use it with Thunderbird. If it was, we would have a pretty good solution.

3) According to the online help menu in the setup of bis/t-mobile, there is no synchronization of anything but the Inbox for POP email.

[If I send a message from my BlackBerry device, is a copy of the message placed in the Sent Items folder of my desktop email program?

For corporate (Microsoft Exchange, IBM Lotus Domino) and IMAP mailbox types, if you send a message from yoLike ur BlackBerry device or BlackBerry-enabled device, the message is copied to the Sent folder in your third-party desktop email program.

Notes:

This feature is not supported by POP3 accounts.

For integrations with any Microsoft Outlook Web Access version 5.5 accounts, sent messages are not copied to the Sent Items folder of your desktop email program.

Messages that are sent from the BlackBerry device or BlackBerry-enabled device are copied to the Sent Items folder of your desktop email program. If you send a message directly from your third-party desktop email program, the message is not copied to the Sent folder of the BlackBerry device or BlackBerry-enabled device.]

4) Supposedly IMAP email accounts are supported for synchronization of the Inbox, Sent Items and Deleted Items, but you'll have to use BCC from your email client to an account that forwards to the device (tmo.blackberry.net, yahoo, etc.) or there won't be a copy on the device. Email sent from the device is copied to the sent folder of the appropriate IMAP account.

[If I delete a message from my BlackBerry device, is it deleted from my desktop email program?

Yes. Messages that are deleted from your BlackBerry device or BlackBerry-enabled device are also deleted from the third-party email account if wireless deletions are supported by the desktop email program. For corporate (Microsoft Exchange, IBM Lotus Domino) and IMAP mailbox types, a message that is deleted from the BlackBerry device or BlackBerry-enabled device is copied to the Deleted Items folder in the desktop email program.

Note:

Wireless message deletion is designed to work for messages that are deleted from the BlackBerry device or BlackBerry-enabled device. If you delete a message directly from your third-party desktop email program, the message is not deleted from the BlackBerry device or BlackBerry-enabled device.

Some supported third-party email account types or specific mail implementations do not support wireless email reconciliation.]

5) The biggest improvement is the ability to send from up to 10 different addresses.

6) The biggest disappointment so far is that even though you can send and receive 10 accounts, only ONE ACCOUNT is available in the reconciliation menu on the device. Also, only the Yahoo account types have any kind of speed, all othere types are slow and sometimes unreliable in their ability to reconcile the Inbox, Sent and Deleted Items.
__
Conclusion:
Everyone's opnion will be distinctly different. I am both encouraged at some things, yet very disappointed in others. There are also some creative ways to do things you may not be aware of, like using domain mail with a different email account than it appears. I am very glad that I can now send personal email from my device. This is a huge improvement. For business use, I deleted my old [email address] address, recreated it in the BIS account settings, and changed the email address to my business account. I'm also using AutoBCC to forward back to business account Inbox. This enables very responsive email, though it's not integrated. For personal use, I'm using domain mail forwarded to a 2GB IMAP account by FastMail.FM. This is my only "Reconciled" account, and it does work, but with around a 15 minute polling delay. I'm using Yahoo for alerts and other non-priority mail. I'm not using POP email at all, rather I use Thunderbird, which is light-years ahead of Outlook or even Outlook Express in it's ability to handle a large IMAP account with dozens of folders and not crash when sending fairly large attachments. Every time I use Outlook in IMAP mode, it freezes up, or crashes. Outlook doesn't like IMAP at all. If you don't have an IMAP account (I've tried dozens), the best by far are: www.FastMail.FM, and a new free 2GB account by www.AIM.com. I choose to use FastMail, because with any paid account, you can have any email sent personailty you choose. AIM does not support "Relaying". You'll have to change to an AIM address, unless you you use an external email client.

I'm sure we'll find lots of tweaks and problems with this upgrade, but even though it's not what I hoped for, it's definitely not worse, and some users should be pleasantly surprised if they can live with a Yahoo Webmail Account, or the 15 minute polling delay for an IMAP account. POP mail users will be very disappointed, as it does almost nothing for them, other than have multiple sent from addresses.
--
Revel8tor - 10/02/05
Old 10-03-2005, 03:28 AM   #76
merlinw

what is the .....
"1) Only the [email address] account has "immediate" reception ability, just as before the upgrade. "
mine used to be ******@tmo.blackberry.net?
ok...
after 1 hour and 26 minutes on the phone with t-mobile......

they said the problem will be solved "sometime Monday"
and that no one is getting emails as they should.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:35 AM   #77
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by revel8tor
Like many who posted before the upgrade, I was concerned that T-Mobile could not completely deliver what many of us were hoping for, a new service with multiple sent from addresses that receives email immediately, and integrates to the Inbox, Sent Items, and Deleted Items of each email account set up.
Is this a TMO upgrade or a RIM upgrade to TMO customers. I always understood BIS to be RIM owned and operated for each carrier which explained the web addy of rim.com/yourcarrier or [email address].
Old 10-03-2005, 03:54 AM   #78
tdiddy

Model: 7230
Default syncing with gmail

I currently have my gmail fowarded to my [email address] address. I am trying to figure out if its possible to have my blackberry set up so that when I delete a message from the blackberry handheld inbox it will also delete it from the gmail inbox. Since the new upgrade allows you an option to delete "on mailbox & handheld" does that mean that it will delete it in the inbox? Or does the fact that I foward the gmail to the tmo email account affect this?

Any help is appreciated.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:16 AM   #79
jubrand
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd78
Same issue here. I was going to setup all of my accounts on the tmobile site until I figured out that they were just being popped. That is not push email at all. I will stick to having everything forwarded to gmail then forwarded to my bb. I just hate that I can't then reply to emails with the correct "sent from"

By the way, I sent my service books and all my emails came down..but then they stopped again. I have tried pulling the battery, resending service books,etc with no success. Now when I go to the tmo site and try to resend the service books, it says "unable to send service books, try again later".
I was worried about this too, but I think it's working right. When I sent a test message to my work address (BES), and then replied to it, it had my tmo address on the BB while I was replying. I could have changed it, but I just sent it to see if it worked. The emails I received from myself in the reply were from my BES work email. So even though it looked like it was using my tmo email, it still went from my BES address when I received it originally through that address (hope you can follow that!).

More annoying is the fact that when I reply to an email from my comcast account, I get a copy of my own email in my inbox! I'm not hitting reply to all, and I'm not cc'ing myself. Is there a setting I'm missing? It's doing the same thing with my newly added Yahoo account.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:43 AM   #80
jibi
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm
Is this a TMO upgrade or a RIM upgrade to TMO customers. I always understood BIS to be RIM owned and operated for each carrier which explained the web addy of rim.com/yourcarrier or [email address].
most likely TMO is the early adopter of a new BIS system that will end up being rolled out to ALL of the carriers. i can just about guarantee that, in some form or fashion, this was developed and pushed by TMO, although the carrier-side management was likely integrated by TMO developers in partnership with RIM developers.

and something i just noticed... not sure if it matters, but update your time zone settings. mine was set on PST, so i'm guessing that may perhaps be the default.