BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 03:20 AM   #1
video

Model: 7250
Default Incredible little device!

Please Login to Remove!

This is not a sales pitch and I’m not connected to the RIM Corporation in any way. I just purchased my first Blackberry last week (Verzion 7250) and I’m amazed at the power of this device. Yesterday while Houston was in a massive evacuation stage I was calling up the traffic cameras and watching the massive traffic jams of people trying to evacuate the city. I was using the Traffic Edge program being touted on this website. You could hit the refresh button from time to time to verify that the same cars and trucks where not moving. I knew it was becoming a big story before it became a big story on the nightly news.

If they are still on I plan on dialing up the traffic cameras when the storm hits on Saturday morning to get some first hand live pictures of Rita coming ashore. I’m wondering just how long the cameras will function after the storm hits.

I ‘m just starting to realize the power of my new blackberry not only could I receive live pictures of a city about to be devastated but I could also track the storm using the browser function and pull up satellite pictures of the hurricane from the NOAA website. All this and send and receive email and make phone calls.

I was also talking to some communication technicians that work for the Red Cross right after Katrina hit the Gulf three weeks ago. They had just receive 250 blackberries that they where setting up and shipping down south for their workers to use in the field. Apparently while most of the cell phones where out of service you could still get a signal to send and receive email messages enabling the workers to communicate and facilitate their relief efforts.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:28 AM   #2
paulfr2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMO

welcome to the world of the blackberry... hehe
TMO Blackberry Pearl 8100
Lee's Summit - MO
Old 09-23-2005, 08:53 AM   #3
BBAdmin
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: .
Carrier: .

Once you go Black, you don't go back!!!!

Old 09-23-2005, 09:39 AM   #4
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

hes hooked
Closed Thread