BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 08:14 PM   #21
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

I must be the exception because I've always had good luck with PocketMac. On rare occasions it will hang or quit in mid-sync, but I just restart the process and a few minutes later it's complete. It just works for me.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:20 AM   #22
ianoop
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

yes, they both suck! MS and PM.

i'd have more respect if they had bluetooth support.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:49 AM   #23
mattpeyton

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A

On the subject of sucking, Parallels doesn't work with the Blackberry 8830. It simply won't stay connected and get's dropped by the USB connection every time you try to load BB Desktop Manager. The Curve DOES work under bootcamp, but this is a step BACK from the Treo my BB was replacing, which does work under Parallels. I've gone down the Pocketmac and Missing Sync routes, DON'T BOTHER unless you don't like your data and have ALOT of time on your hands. I'm a VERY EXPERIENCED computer user/administrator. Trust me when I say I have tried all the recommended fixes, patches etc. OS 10.5.4/BB 8830/PocketMac V 1.0.9 with latest extension patches properly installed get's you an ALL NIGHT sync attempt with no data moved. This is a giant step back - 10 years ago Palm cracked the Mac market, and you could reliably sync contacts/calendar/notes/tasks. What HAPPENED!?
Old 07-19-2008, 12:47 AM   #24
FourtyEightFan

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

RIM bought PocketMac and hasn't done much with it since. Seems to me the only reason RIM bought PocketMac was to be able to advertise that they "support" Macs.

Has anyone heard of RIM releasing a new version of PocketMac in the near future??

~J.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:36 AM   #25
skills73
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: true

Missing Sync works WAAAAAAAAY better than PocketMac..(I have a pearl 8100). PM is a totally useless crappy piece of c***. Having said that, Missing Sync's major downfall is not being able to install programs or apps on the mac. How useless is that???
Old 07-19-2008, 09:32 AM   #26
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyEightFan View Post
RIM bought PocketMac and hasn't done much with it since. Seems to me the only reason RIM bought PocketMac was to be able to advertise that they "support" Macs.

Has anyone heard of RIM releasing a new version of PocketMac in the near future??

~J.
RIM best not ignore the Mac community for too long. Its growth was up 50% over last year and now, with the Vista debacle, even some businesses are thinking of moving to Mac.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:35 AM   #27
justdiana

Model: pearl

I used PM since I got my first BB. No complaints. I wanted to try out MS. BIG MISTAKE! Missing Sync certainly was missing a few things! Despite my double checking the settings, it consistently did not sync several calendar items or contacts. PocketMac may be slow, but at least it did the job!
Old 07-24-2008, 09:55 AM   #28
jdoom
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300

i use missing sync and have NO issues, very happy with it. PM is worthless
Old 07-24-2008, 02:23 PM   #29
NeXTLoop

Model: 8320
PIN: 244D2FEE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
RIM best not ignore the Mac community for too long. Its growth was up 50% over last year and now, with the Vista debacle, even some businesses are thinking of moving to Mac.
And now today they announce iTunes syncing.... that only works on Windows. I have an 8320 Curve right now... a 7250 before that. In all honesty though, I'm seriously tempted by the iPhone. And that temptation stems, not so much from the iPhone's features (I really prefer a physical keyboard), as the ease with which I can sync it and have it "just work" with my MacBook Pro.

If RIM doesn't start supporting Macs better (and for that matter Linux too), they're going to start losing key customers.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:41 PM   #30
skills73
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: true

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdiana View Post
I used PM since I got my first BB. No complaints. I wanted to try out MS. BIG MISTAKE! Missing Sync certainly was missing a few things! Despite my double checking the settings, it consistently did not sync several calendar items or contacts. PocketMac may be slow, but at least it did the job!
What planet are you on? What have you used your PocketMac for? Surely not to install programs, as the applications boasts (and fails at doing)..surely not to sync all your info accurately. The program is faulty in every aspect! It's unbelievable that RIM supports this! I'm moving to iPhone for this very reason. BB Mac support is useless...if anything they should pay for the Missing Sync subscription.
Closed Thread