i have the blueant z9, works great.
vizualogic CIG carkit is awesome.
pearl 8100
Old 11-23-2007, 10:29 PM   #142
2kflhr

Model: 8703
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I've used a HS850 for some time now, the volume is not loud enough for me while driving and I have to hold it against my ear (so where is the convenience), the wife complains about an echo. I recently bought the Hummer X-II that fits in the ear but the volume is way too low for me. I took it to the VZW store and the rep said that the volume compliant is common for the BB. I'm thinking of returning it and getting a jawbone as I'm around background noise often.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:01 AM   #143
techcrazy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: T MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberJack View Post
Is anyone aware of a good Bluetooth headset that is not "over the ear" but goes over the head. I have been flamed in other forums for asking this question, but I wear glasses and find it very uncomfortable without a head band. Currently I have a Plantronics wired headset and everytime I see one in a store and ask the reps indicate they sell real well so I can not be the only one.
You can try moto S9 or a new Argard bluetooth headset. Argard says its the smallest headset. But they dont have technical support in USA.

TechCrazy
" Please Let me know if you know more techniques"
Old 11-25-2007, 03:03 AM   #144
techcrazy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: T MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchocky View Post
Has anyone gotten the Motorola S9 bluetooth headset to work with their Blackberry? I have a Pearl and couldn't get the headset to work with my Blackberry. The S9 states that you need Bluetooth 2.0; how do I find out what version my Pearl has?
Blackberry Pearl 8100 does not have A2DP feature. Streaming music will be little hard. This will play only mono

TechCrazy
" Please Let me know if you know more techniques"
Old 12-31-2007, 10:54 AM   #145
fearing

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T
Default H700 with Pearl 8100 pairs but won't work

I have a Motorola H700 headset that was working fine with a Motorola Razr. I just replaced the Razr with a Pearl 8100, and can't seem to make the H700 work with the new phone. They appear to pair just fine, but then the headset doesn't function ... no earpiece volume, no microphone volume, etc. I've disabled Address Book Transfer, & disabled encryption. I've also tried rebooting and repairing the devices.

The Pearl is running v4.2.196 (Platform 2.3.0.78)

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 01-01-2008, 10:32 AM   #146
grasshopper

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Thumbs down Problems using the HT820 and BB 8830

Just a word to everyone with an 8830 who might be looking to use the Motorola HT 820 headsets.

Don't.

My experience which drives this decision include the following:

Price - I just paid $124 USD (from Staples and includes 2 year warranty at $14.99 over the original pice of $99.00) for this made in china product yet from reading above it seems cheaper options are everywhere.

Comfort - I found that the device scratches my ears and pushes them outward in an uncomfortable way. The molded hard pvc type plastic from which the device band is constructed is about 1/2 inch in depth and 1/8 inch in width. This discomfort makes it appear that the product is not of high quality.

Functionality - The product package states "enjoy Wireless Music Without Missing a Call" and on the back "Stream music from your MP3 mobile phone to your HT820 Bluetooth headphones"... among other things. The product documentation further indicates that one can hear both music and phone calls from the same device. I have successfully paired the devices. I can hear Calls and like the included speaker phone in the device but I cannot hear MP3's (as indicated on the package) or videos (not promised as part of the functionality but I tested it anyway) at all even after trying many hacks, tricks and, workarounds posted at the various BB forums.

Anticipating that the product may not be at fault I am installing the latest version of the Desktop software (4.3). Overall because of the comfort factor I am probably going to return the headset. I would appreciate any suggestions on headsets that others have found sufficient using similar equipment to my BB 8830.

BTW - My system configuration is below and please feel free to correct me if I have overlooked something in getting the device to function properly.

WinXP SP2 v.2002
VAIO UX 280P
BB Desktop Manager 4.2
8830 has two additional Chinese fonts installed
HT 820
Old 01-01-2008, 02:15 PM   #147
ohad_129
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: 237be374
Carrier: orange il
Default jabra jx10

work great for me with my 8700c and for my old 7105t
Old 01-20-2008, 10:45 PM   #148
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: ?
Carrier: Nextel

where is a good place to review bluetooth headsets.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:52 AM   #149
Dimos

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

I have BB 8830 and I bought INSIGNIA Bluetooth Headset behind the neck, it works Perfect 30ft away, sounds clear and very loud, remember your source(wav,mp3) is most responsible for the sound quality. I recommnd it to anyone, one thing for people who do not like a little bulky headsets it is not for you though, other than that it is perfect headset! Bought it in BestBuy 69$, it is might be a little heavy on the eartop after 3-4hr constant use but you get used to it. Good luck.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:02 PM   #150
Guru

Model: 9700
Carrier: Vodafone UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluffheights90814 View Post
Does anyone have any experience with the Pulsar 590A Bluetooth headphone?
Yes. It worked fantastically well with my old Nokia - switching on the headphones automatically connected with the phone, so I could listen to my music player, be interrupted by a call then go back to the player without taking anything out of my pocket.

However, although the music transmission from my new 8110 is excellent, I can't persuade it to conect automatically, despite pairing it, making the BB discoverable, etc...

So currently I'm a little disappointed, although I use the headset more for wireless music listening than phone calls.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:56 PM   #151
Soul Reaver

Model: 8310
Carrier: Aust

As per other thread, BlackBerry Curve 8310 (4.2.2.163) works great with Nokia BH-503 (stero headset) all features work great, and sound quality is good.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:03 PM   #152
BB_Luver
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
Default VZW Curve + BluAnt X3 Micro

Works well together. What's really neat is that the X3 micro comes with this cigarette lighter adapter that is modular. I can plug in any usb charging cable into it and charge the other device. So with one adapter I can swap out the charging cable for my BB and the charging cable for my headset. Then take them both with me to my office and continue charging at my computer. Pretty slick.

Just wish the voice recognition on the Curve was better. I think it's partly deaf and/or stupid.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:58 AM   #153
jchuck97

Model: 8130

Finally, I believe I am out of Bluetooth hell - - -
I have a Verizon Pearl 8130 running OS 4.3.97. I have had major static issues with a number of headsets - my trusty Plantronics 510, the Plantronics 520 (major comfort, major static past 16 inches from the phone), BlueAny Z9 (ear piece too big - hurt like hell), Plantronics 650E (very comfortable, small and light, but huge static). A VZW retail worker runs his BB 8130 with the Motorola MotoPure H12, so I am trying it. So far, so good. No static, sounds fine (a little more tinny than Plantronics, but I can't be that picky at this point), and I use the smallest ear piece cover with the foam cover from my Plantronics 510.

I haven't tried it at highway speed yet, but reports from some discerning friends in the wireless business say it sounds as good/nearly as good as talking on the handset itself. That's good enough for me.

The H12 is super small, and I like to "industrial" look. The blue indicator light is very subtle, also. Who wants to look like an airport runway while on the phone? The charger is very high quality and holds the device with magnets, which means no parts to break. It also has a beefy on/off switch on the back. If only it had a mobile charger and a mini-USB. Maybe there will be after-market parts available at some point.

I can't recall exactly when my Bluetooth issues started, but I'd bet it was around when I upgraded the OS from 4.2. Just a guess.

I think the whole thing is hit and miss, and finding the right BB/BT combination is just trial and error.

So, for $80, I seem to have solved my Bluetooth issues...for now, anyway.

Good luck, everyone.

Last edited by jchuck97; 05-20-2008 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: to edit OS
Old 05-21-2008, 06:31 AM   #154
whizkid

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrazy View Post
Blackberry Pearl 8100 does not have A2DP feature. Streaming music will be little hard. This will play only mono
And how about the Blackberry 8800, how does it work together with the Motorola S9? Does the Blackberry 8800 have A2DP? I couldn't find details on the supported Bluetooth protocols of the 8800 yet.

Any information would be appreciated,
Thanks
Old 05-21-2008, 09:14 AM   #155
sd5187
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kflhr View Post
I've used a HS850 for some time now, the volume is not loud enough for me while driving and I have to hold it against my ear (so where is the convenience), the wife complains about an echo. I recently bought the Hummer X-II that fits in the ear but the volume is way too low for me. I took it to the VZW store and the rep said that the volume compliant is common for the BB. I'm thinking of returning it and getting a jawbone as I'm around background noise often.
Try the new Motorola H710. I use it with my BB8310 and it is VERY loud. I only have it on the lowest sound level in most cases.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:54 PM   #156
magn8

Model: 8100
Carrier: Telstra

Hope someone can help....

I am trying to use my Nokia CK-7W bluetooth carkit with my 8100 pearl.

Everyone I speak to says they can hear an echo of themselves on a 1-2 second delay. My end is perfect .......it is so bad I now am resorting to using the speakerphone as people are complaining so much.

Wondering if anyone has had this issue and if are there any fixes....note: BT Kit has worked fine with my SE, Nokia and Motorola phones previously so cancelled out the BT kit is an issue......
Old 07-10-2008, 01:59 AM   #157
peterj

Model: 8120
Carrier: O2

Which is the most compatible headset with the Blackberry Pearl 8120? I'm currently using an old Nokia HDW-2, which rings with the Nokia tune rather than the ringtone set on the Blackberry. Voice dialling works OK, but I don't get any notification of e-mail or SMS. This is a major inconvenience when my wife texts me to get stuff on the way home and I don't see the SMS until I stop the car outside the house.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:30 PM   #158
Montana Griz

Model: 8703e
Default BB 8703e Bluetooth Headset .Help

I am a "Real Newbie"...............

I am just now ordering a: "RIM Blackberry 8703e. (Refurbished) E Mail PDA Phone". Specs say: Modes are: "CDMA 850/CDMA 1900".
And it..... "Supports BlueTooth profiles HSP & HFP, version 2"

I can only hear out of my right ear, and I wear glasses............ So, Can
anybody suggest which Bluetooth Head Set would work well with this BB.
At age 76, I can use all the help I can get!

My present cell phone is a Verizon 325i.

Verizon is my cell phone service provider. I intend to "tether" my Compac Presario V3016US Notebook PC, as the situation requires.

As you can tell.......I am totally ignorant in this electronic stuff, but somehow "stumble my way through".

Thanks in advance. Feel free to "PM "me or "E mail direct".
Montana Griz
Old 07-14-2008, 12:05 AM   #159
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

Based on your device and your need, you will be more than satisfied with a Motorola H500. I have used one with an 8700c and my 8310. Worked well, good sound quality and less expensive than many other models.

One other note, I would go into a VZW store and make the purchase. You can look at each earpiece they carry, and if it doesn't work as you would like, you can quickly exchange it for a different model.

Last edited by Shaun; 07-14-2008 at 12:06 AM..
Old 07-14-2008, 12:18 AM   #160
Montana Griz

Model: 8703e

To Shaun 27612..............

Thanks for your very prompt reply.............I can visit the VZ store in Missoula later this week. As I get into using this 8703e w/ my Lap Top......I'm sure I will have more questions. I am very happy to have found this site. Thanks again.
Closed Thread