Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 09:25 AM   #101
finnk
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Please Login to Remove!

I have developed a golf gps application for mobile phones: TeeDroid Caddy. I originally wrote it as an entry into the Google Android Developer challenge. It made the top 100 in the competition. I have now finished the port to Blackberry.

Here are some of the features:
- distances to front, middle, and back of the green.
- tracks stroke by stroke information for detailed statistics.
- setup clubs in your bag, and get statistics for each club.
- hole advice, read or leave advice on how to play a hole.
- real time scoring - posts your strokes as they happen.
- search for courses by your current location.

You can check out the Blackberry How To. It might seem complicated at first, but I have tried to make it very simple to use, you can use the trackball for everything.

Not only does TeeDroid have the mobile golf caddying application, but it also ties the data into the TeeDroid website. So after a round you can access a hole by hole, stroke by stroke view of your golf round plus statistics. Plus you can view a mapping of all the strokes.

Course data can be created by users, either using the device or by uploading it to the website. During upload and on the course page you can view the course coordinates online. There is a reward program for contributing data etc. Or users can request courses to be mapped and I will work with them to get the course into the system quickly. Usually can get the course mapped within a day.

I am pretty much a one man show and just starting out. I am currently running a free beta test, if you are interested signup to be a tester.

TeeDroid is continually evolving and there are more features in the works, I am also porting it to more phone models. Please take the time and check it out.

Hope to see you on the course,

Finn

Last edited by finnk; 07-06-2008 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: link error
Old 07-06-2008, 10:43 AM   #102
kuanderson1

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Default bbGolf Download Problem

I've been trying to download the bbGolf app all morning with no luck. I keep getting an HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable. Need help!
Old 07-07-2008, 03:50 PM   #103
krypton_john

Model: 8830
Carrier: telecom nz

Finnk has a couple of nice ideas on his application. It leads to the next cool thing and that is to save the list of shot locations to a file which google earth could show overlaid on the map of the course. Possibly with a flyby of the round? Cool!
Old 07-07-2008, 06:10 PM   #104
finnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by krypton_john View Post
Finnk has a couple of nice ideas on his application. It leads to the next cool thing and that is to save the list of shot locations to a file which google earth could show overlaid on the map of the course. Possibly with a flyby of the round? Cool!
Well there is not a flyby, but TeeDroid does show you the strokes overlaid on a google map online. It would not be difficult to export a kml file to do the flyby. Btw, I did an update late last night, and added more statistics (putts/club distances) etc. I am always looking for input on what features people would like to see
Old 07-08-2008, 04:27 PM   #105
krypton_john

Carrier: telecom nz

Oh good. Google Maps would be better than Google Earth - no need to install the application and the images are the same anyway.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:50 PM   #106
gbplay10s

Agree - for a website to show you where you have been, Google Maps is fine and they are pretty open to having you use their applications for this purpose.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:20 PM   #107
finnk

Default TeeDroid Caddy - mobile golf caddy instructional video

I have put up an instructional video on the site so you can get a better understanding of the TeeDroid Caddy features. View the video.

Also, the free beta program is still open, please signup for an account and give us your feedback. You can also earn rewards during the beta and beyond to continue using TeeDroid for free.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:46 PM   #108
dragons

Model: 8130
Carrier: sprint

I am still sold on intelligolf. Have had a few hiccups but overall very good app when paired with external puck, not intelligolfs issue, it is the internal gps issue.

If a course is not surveyed it take about 18 minutes to survey a course via google earth.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:36 PM   #109
wrknhard

Carrier: telus

Finn - any thoughts to adding "extra's" to Teedroid. Extra's are the ability to map additional points of interest, like to fly the bunker on the left, to clear the first tier of the green, etc?
Old 07-14-2008, 09:16 PM   #110
finnk

wrknhard - yeah, landmarks are in the plan. I am hoping to have them added in a month or so. I will make it so you can either add them using the phone or map them with google earth and upload, just like it currently works for course gps coordinates.

Finn
Old 08-04-2008, 09:57 PM   #111
dfcomeau

Carrier: Telus

Just loaded the bbGolf application and mapped first course using Google Earth. Will see how it works this weekend. Any further along with the imnport function?
Old 08-05-2008, 05:12 PM   #112
healthyfatboy

Model: none

Does anyone have the .jad for 4.2 that they could possibly e-mail me? I'll PM the e-mail address to you if you have the file handy. I tried using the one posted but it wouldn't load for me. It said it was 577 bytes which I think is way too small. I can't do OTA so I have to download the actual file.
Thanks!
Old 08-07-2008, 10:32 AM   #113
kuanderson1

Default bbGolf Help

I just loaded bbGolf and was wanting to know if any usage instructions are available. Are there? Can previously mapped courses using Google Earth be download to bbGolf, if so how? Thanks
Old 08-08-2008, 02:19 PM   #114
chopkc

Model: 8703e
Carrier: US Cellular
Default Can't Download

I finally have an 8330 but I can't get the bbgolf.jad file to download. I've tried on my blackberry and on my PC but the link just isn't working. Can someone post it on here or email it to me?

KC
Old 08-13-2008, 08:26 PM   #115
KWerdal

Carrier: Centennial

I want to upgrade to OS4.5 will BBGolf work with 4.5?

Kevin
Old 08-21-2008, 01:47 PM   #116
Zinger3335

Model: 8130
Carrier: alltel
Default anyone getting this error

java.lang.SecurityException: Permission denied

bbGolf was working fine i updated my phone and the next time i went to use it, I got this error. I re installed, and made sure my security settings were on allow, but no matter what I have tried, I still get the same error when trying to enter a new course.
Regards
Rob
Old 08-29-2008, 09:44 PM   #117
wrknhard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinger3335 View Post
java.lang.SecurityException: Permission denied

bbGolf was working fine i updated my phone and the next time i went to use it, I got this error. I re installed, and made sure my security settings were on allow, but no matter what I have tried, I still get the same error when trying to enter a new course.
Regards
Rob
Zinger, when installing 4.5 you need to make sure you install "documents to go" as one of the applications. Its not selected by default. This cured my numerous java.lang errors (not just bbgolf).
Old 08-29-2008, 09:46 PM   #118
wrknhard

Hey, when is BBGolf going to implement an import feature? Everytime I upgrade my bb os I have to reenter the gps coordinates for my course - by hand! (I guess the bbgolf database doesn't get backed up during an upgrade - disastrous!)
Old 09-25-2008, 11:51 AM   #119
knezek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: The New ;) AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrknhard View Post
Hey, when is BBGolf going to implement an import feature? Everytime I upgrade my bb os I have to reenter the gps coordinates for my course - by hand! (I guess the bbgolf database doesn't get backed up during an upgrade - disastrous!)
There is a 4.5 version now at:

bbGolf - Home

Also, the import still does not work, but it is closer....Developing against the bb mail system is a pain. If it makes you feel any better, I have the same problem, and I am the developer. May have to go the online db route. I honestly have no idea how many people use the program...as it was just something I wrote for myself.

Kelly
Old 09-25-2008, 12:14 PM   #120
hamdori

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks for the update. I tried to use 4.2 version on my curve which has 4.5, and it seemed like it was not working. All the holes were out of order and I was not able to receive GPS signal through bluetooth, which worked okay when I had 4.2 OS before.
I will try this out this weekend.

Thanks,
Closed Thread