Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 02:13 PM   #41
forrestc
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Default Outlook without Exchange Server working with Desktop Redirector

Please Login to Remove!

Mentioned in the quote below, and in numerous places on the forums.

Seems to be working ok for me..

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=15706

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9balla4life
1. Yes, to my knowledge, unfortunately, you can't us the redirector w/o having Microsoft Outlook. However, you can just set up your e-mail account via webclient. Once you set the account up all you have to do is to input the e-mail address that you wish to be delivered to your device. Your E-mail provider must have the feature of pop-forwarding ie., comcast, yahoo etc. If you're not sure please contact your ESP and ask them if have the ability to do that or not. Most MAIN e-mail providers will be able to give you that option with the exception on Hotmail and MSN- however there are 3rd party programs avaiable at Handango.com With that said, it is easiest for you to contact your partner via PIN messages.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:41 PM   #42
kamoze357
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 32C5E485
Carrier: Sprint
Question Considering the 7250

xxx

Hello all,

I am "this" close to going out and buying the 7250 which SprintPCS just rolled out 3 weeks ago. I have a few questions (the sales staff arent kowledgeable).

1) When they say the 7250 supports Java, does this mean I can visit a website (like a bank) where the log in appears as a java box or is java enabled?

2) Is there an extended battery for this model? This will be my only telephone (no home phone)

3) How many contact #'s /email addresses / physical addresses can you save per name?

4) Are real ringtones supported or is this a strictly polyphonic device?

The most important ones

5) If I use the redirector to check my corporate email (yes i'll leave my pc on 24/7), can I get attachments via this method? (is this really that slow of a method vs BES)?

6) I've read that it checks for new email every 15 mins, is this static? Can I decrease the time between when it checks?

7) If im checking aol, corp email, gmail.. etc will it all be in one Inbox or can I set up folders/inboxes for the different email accounts?

8) And finally my job is too cheap to add me to their BES (its only for the Sr. Staff and I'm only middle management), can I use the hosting service for $10/month and set this up to have access to my work email? if so, what info will my IT department have to give up to make this happen. ( Is this even feasible?)

Thanks so much. I'm excited and want to give up my T-Mobile Sidekick II and move into a more serious email tool.

Kamoze357
Old 09-23-2005, 02:47 PM   #43
jr39

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default Another Newb Question

Finally going to switch from Treo 650 to BB 7250 on VzW

Background: Currently use Fastmail (IMAP) to consolidate 4 POP accounts. I use ChatterEmail on Treo to pull mail to Treo as soon as it arrives in Fastmail account. Have folders and receive rules set up in Fastmail for newsletters and listserv messages that don't require immediate action. Also, I manually put into folders those inbox messages that are not time sensitive.

I'd like to eliminate FastMail and forward mail to my BIS account instead, but I find receive rules and folders indespensible. Also, want to be able to access these folders and inbox from either BB or Outlook.

Question: Can I do these things with a BIS account or do I need hosted BES service? Don't want polling FastMail account every 15 min. Can't use Redirector since my only computer, a laptop, frequently goes with me.

In advance, thanks for guidance.

- Jon

Last edited by jr39; 09-23-2005 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 09-23-2005, 03:11 PM   #44
AlanChase

Model: 8700g
Carrier: TMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlk10010
a warning about this. AFAIK, the Redirector does NOT work with Lotus Notes. I've tried to install it, no go. However, there is a "replacement" for the Redirector available (see #3 below)

There are alternatives if you are a Notes user:

1. You can try creating an Agent or Rule to forward your Notes e-mail. With Version 5 this doesn't seem to work so well as the form in which Notes forwards the e-mails is really not suited to replying (at least in my case it wasn't); with Notes 6 I can't seem to get the forwarding to work. But if you CAN do this it results in essentially true push e-mail (your PC has to be on all the time, of course);

2. If your organization uses iNotes then BWC can pull your messages from the web and you don't need to run a computer 24/7. This is how I do it and while it's not true push it functions well enough. You get this option by setting up your e-mail from the BWC;

3. If you set up your e-mail from the BWC and choose the option OTHER than iNotes then BWC will download a small app to a PC you keep on 24/7 which will act as a redirector, essentially. If you need true PUSH but can't get Notes forwarding to work this is the best option.

Hope the above helps a bit.

=NLK=

After much searching of the forum I've stumbled upon this post which I think finally points me in the direction I'm trying to go - here's my situation - and my questions...

I use Lotus Notes at work for email and would like to be able to access it via a Blackberry. I do not have access to BES nor to iNotes. If I read item number three from the above quoted post correctly, if I leave my work PC logged on with access to an Internet connection, the Mail Connector program can be installed on my PC and will pick up all my new Lotus Notes email and then forward it to my Blackberry.

My questions are...
1. Is my premise on how this will work correct?
2. If so, before I go out and actually purchase a Blackberry, is it possible to obtain somewhere the Mail Connector program and see if it works properly on my current PC configuration?
3. I would be getting the Blackberry from T-Mobile - I presume all of the above would work with their Blackberry Internet Service (formerly called BWC)?
4. My Internet access at work is via a proxy server - is that supported by the Mail Connector program?

Thanks very much in advance...
Old 10-19-2005, 02:08 PM   #45
kasandrea

Model: 7100T

i hope someone can help!!

When i recieve an email(phone [email address]) on my BB device, it would only deliver 140 characters and drop the rest. It doesn't even break it up into several messages like i would receive if someone paged me from the nextel website. is there something wrong with my BB device? is there a setting that i need to change?

Any help is greatly appreciated! this problem is driving me nuts!!

THanks!
Old 10-24-2005, 02:03 PM   #46
Reno

Model: 6230

Hello all,

The company I work for is using T-Mobile's BIS with our Blackberry devices. The problem we are having is that when the messages are sent to the BBs, the Read/Unread status on our Outlook mailboxes is changed to "Read" status automatically even though we haven't actually read the email on Outlook.

We are assuming this has something to do with Exchange (we are running Exchange 5.5 on an NT 4.0 server) setting the status to "Read" when it synchs with T-Mobile's BIS.

How do I fix it so that the message stays "Unread" until the user actually opens the message on Outlook, regardless of what the Blackberry does? Anybody know?

Thanks for letting me throw this out there. I hope someone has seen this solution before.

Regards,

Reno
Old 10-26-2005, 02:56 AM   #47
darkside2911

Carrier: Sprint

hey all, my thing is, I want to try the BlackBerry Redirector but i bought mine off of someone and didnt get all the original software soo I dont have that program from the cd. Does anyone have that to give me? If you do, im me on aim at darkside2911. Thanks
Old 11-24-2005, 01:12 PM   #48
SalvatoreLucian0

Model: -

I am loving the 7130 overall...but struggling very bad with setting up the e-mail...any suggestions?

To make it as short as possible, my situation is this...

Just got a new job, and oddly enough the Corporation only supports mobile devices that sync with "GoodLink Software"...just my luck they dont see eye to eye with Black Berry's...

My personal e-mail will be with g-mail.

I am trying to find a way around this...I was thinking of using the "Redirection" feature that comes with the BB software disc.

Any thoughts on how to get around this problem and be able to receive both my personal and work email???

Thanks!
Old 11-25-2005, 07:45 PM   #49
dalefuller

Model: 7250
Default MS Outlook differences

Thanks for the great FAQ. Most BB users seem to use MS Outlook and it would be great to know which version, i.e., MS Outlook Express, MS Office Outlook ($80+ version) or MS Outlook (Big Daddy $800+).

Can you give us a rundown on the basic differences?
Thanks.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:04 PM   #50
absolute584

Model: 8330

I'm new to this forum and need some help. I have my blackberry setup and it's somewhat working. When an email is sent to me, I receive the email on my BB. But when I receive an email where I'm in the group (not directly to me), I don't get it on my BB. Why?

For example: email sent to [email address] will work
email sent to blackberryforums group will not work

I'm using the 7100g and using BES.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:48 PM   #51
FuzzyClam

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

All the searching on multiple e-mail has focused on BES -> BB and BIS/BWC -> BB. How 'bout BES(1) -> BB and BES (2) -> BB?

I use mailstreet for personal/consulting (Outlook Mail/Cal/Contacts/Tasks) on my 8700 (Cing), but have a 7105t (T-Mob) from work.

Since T-Mob's reception bites, I forward all my calls to the 8700 but I still have to carry the 7105t for work e-mail. Can I just ask the work BES admin to send the messaging service book to my 8700?

Thanks in advance,
paul
Old 12-13-2005, 04:13 PM   #52
copey573

Model: 7100g
Default 7100g want to use outlook without data services

is there a way that I can simply move my outlook contacts, calendar, etc...from my laptop over to my 7100g just using the data link cable and the software that came with my 7100g? I don't want to purchase the extra data services for the 7100g...
Old 12-13-2005, 05:03 PM   #53
FuzzyClam

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Intellisync, Desktop Manager, etc. are all there when you install the BB software.

The manual lays it out pretty well.

Isn't this thread about e-mail?
Old 12-24-2005, 03:54 AM   #54
lpgordon

Model: 8700
Default Looking For True Synch Without BES

It seems like every possible question has been answered in this thread, but I haven't seen someone with quite the same problem as me. If I missed something please let me know.

I recently bought an 8700 from Cingular. I don't have BES (and work won't be adding it) and can't use the desktop redirector. So I opted for the internet service option.

The problem I see with it is that it doesn't do a true synch with my corporate exchange server. For example if I delete a message off my Blackberry it won't delete it off the server. Also, I have it set up to send from my work email address. However, and RIM support told me this, it isn't really sending from my work email address but "tricks" the system into looking like it does. The email is actually sent from my cingular blackberry address.

My question is; is there a simple imap4 client for the 8700. Something that I can synch with my server at work? This is how I did it with my old phone, an Audiovox running Windows Mobile.

I just want to synch to my work email. And truly send emails from my work email.

Is this possible? I love the Blackberry and want to keep it, but I need a better way of sending email.

Thank you

Louis
Old 01-08-2006, 10:12 PM   #55
mikester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers

Hi guys, I just resolved alot of spam problems through this thread.

Link
Old 01-15-2006, 09:27 PM   #56
ljarias

Model: 7100t
Default How did you do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpgordon
The problem I see with it is that it doesn't do a true synch with my corporate exchange server. For example if I delete a message off my Blackberry it won't delete it off the server. Also, I have it set up to send from my work email address. However, and RIM support told me this, it isn't really sending from my work email address but "tricks" the system into looking like it does. The email is actually sent from my cingular blackberry address.

Thank you

Louis
Hi Louis,

I'm grappling with my 7100t - I'd like it to look as if I'm sending a message from a non-BB account. How did you get yours to look like messages are coming from your work email?

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2006, 07:37 AM   #57
NeilSheehan

Model: 7250
Default Question on Redirector and Encryption

I just upgraded from a 7150 to a 7250 on the Nextel network.

I also installed the 7250 on a new laptop.

I wasn't sure if I should choose Redirector or not....

On my old laptop w/ my 7150 I had all my emails I got on my corporate email forwarded to [email address].

Now on my new laptop I have this new icon Redirector and it makes me move my mouse each time.....

Do I really need this Redirector function if I still am set up where my corporate email forwards it through to my blackberry?

If not, how the hell do I delete it (the Redirector?)

Thx!!
Old 05-06-2006, 08:34 PM   #58
sm1th
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: O2

I wanted push for my POP mail. So what I did was setup a redirect on my server, to send messages to my blackberry account, and then in BIS/BWC set the reply-to to the POP account address.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:40 AM   #59
tfolks206
Thumbs Must Hurt

im retarted, where do i get the blackberry redirector?
Old 05-17-2006, 04:44 AM   #60
csteinhardt

Model: 7230

When you installed Blackberry Desktop manager - one of the options should have been Enterprise or Redirector. Open desktop manager and see if its listed (usually the right most icon)
Closed Thread