Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
lullabyleague

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Default Switched SIM to new handset, now can't use email

Please Login to Remove!

Hi there, let me start off by saying I am not the most technologically gifted person in the world, nor the most patient. I damaged my old Blackberry (Curve 8520) a few weeks ago, and as the replacement fee was extraordinarily high and I was unhappy with the model anyway I bought a new handset - Bold 9780 - and put my old SIM in it. My dad has a T-Mobile Blackberry, which he was paying for on a month-by-month basis, so he had T-Mobile unlock his phone as I'm on Orange and he now uses the contract I purchased for my new Bold. This whole set up was arranged by the guy who works at the Phones 4 U I bought the phone at, and he said it would be a simple switchover, however I am having the hardest time trying to figure out how to switch my email over to the new handset. When I open up my messages I get the screen that says:

Quote:
No message services configured. You will be redirected to the Set-up Wizard to set up your email account.
Fine, no problem I thought. I click on "Internet Mail Account" as it's a gmail account I want to add and get this screen:

Quote:
A new Blackberry device has been detected. You must move your email account(s) to resume email delivery to your Blackberry device. Email delivery to your old device has been stopped.
So I select 'move', type in my password and a pop-up screen tells me it's been successfully validated, and my email appears under the "Email Accounts" screen. However, when I go back to my messages and try to write an email I only get the option to save a draft. I then go back to the set-up screen and am presented with the exact same messages and options to move and validate my email address. It's SO frustrating and I genuinely have no clue what I am doing. I would really appreciate some help with this! Thank you.

Last edited by lullabyleague; 07-11-2011 at 08:14 PM..
Old 07-11-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Switched SIM to new handset, now can't use email

With your old SIM card in the new BlackBerry, pull the battery while the BlackBerry is turned on. This forces a reboot and straightens out a multitude of connectivity issues.

You may need to go to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table, then use the Menu key to select Register Now.

After that you can log into Orange's BIS site and enter the PIN and IMEI to point your account at the new device. From there you can also select Resend Service Books.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:10 AM   #3
akubaru

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: celcom
Default Re: Switched SIM to new handset, now can't use email

@lullabyleague,

I have the same problem as yours as well. Did you by any chance manage to solve it? Thanks in advance.

p.s. I did try everything rambo47 suggested and it still didnt solve it.

Last edited by akubaru; 07-29-2011 at 05:11 AM.. Reason: additional info
Closed Thread