BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 02:12 AM   #1
Sunil Sharma

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: student
Default Getting browser headers from eventOccured()

Please Login to Remove!

I am using browser field in my application. I am handling all the events that are fired by the browser field by using the method eventOccured(Event e).
From that method I can get some few headers like referrer, Content-Type(if it is a POST request), not all like Accept, Accept-Encoding, Connection, Profile etc. How can I get all these header information? I tried with urlRequestedEvent.getHeaders(), but not able to get all.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
ptys
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: none

You are handling a click event, and presumably you intend to send a request as a result of this click. Since you're implementing the code that sends the request and handles the response, only you know what content type this request is going to be, what encodings you accept in your response handling etc. In other words your code is in charge of the request headers, and the browser field can help you with only a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil Sharma View Post
I am using browser field in my application. I am handling all the events that are fired by the browser field by using the method eventOccured(Event e).
From that method I can get some few headers like referrer, Content-Type(if it is a POST request), not all like Accept, Accept-Encoding, Connection, Profile etc. How can I get all these header information? I tried with urlRequestedEvent.getHeaders(), but not able to get all.
Closed Thread