Old 06-08-2009, 01:33 AM   #1
fonejunkie
Just me

Model: iFone
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility
Default Slashed Battery Icon

Please Login to Remove!

I got my new Bold about 2 weeks ago, and in preparation for a family vacation, I purchased a spare battery (OEM 1500 mah BlackBerry battery) and a BlackBerry branded "mini charger" from BBerry.com. I received the battery and charger on Saturday and plugged the charger in and inserted the new battery in the charger. I let it charge overnight, and early this afternoon I attempted to try the new battery in my Bold.

When I inserted the battery, the led glowed red for about 10 seconds and then went out, but the phone itself never powered up. After pulling the battery and repeating the reset process a couple of times, I plugged my Bold containing the new battery into the wall charger. The led glowed red again for about 10 seconds and then the screen lit up... but instead of powering up, I got an icon of a battery with a red slash across it.

What does this icon mean? Is it telling me that the battery is not charged? Is it telling me that the battery is not taking a charge/is bad? There is nothing in the manuals about the battery icon (at least not that I can find)... and I am mildly upset... I am leaving on vacation on Wednesday morning - not sufficient time to get a replacement battery/charger...

With the original battery in the phone, my Bold powers up and runs almost all day... so I guess I will just have to make do for now.

But I am anxious to identify the problem with the battery... as long as the problem IS the battery, I can deal with it... if it's the phone I am really going to be upset... grrrr...
Old 06-08-2009, 03:05 AM   #2
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

Wirelessly posted (My Bold)

This icon means that the phone is not picking up the battery. Try to start it with just the battery. If it doesn't work, it looks like that battery is bad
Old 06-08-2009, 06:49 AM   #3
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

I had that icon when I tried to put a Pearl battery in a curve.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 06-08-2009, 08:11 AM   #4
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810
Carrier: T-Mobile

Alos, try cleaning the contacts on both the device and the battery.
Closed Thread