Fuzion
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: 204D6D1A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Pre-population Not Working

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,
I just recently setup a bes server (4.0), and I'm trying to get some messages onto the handheld. I have pre-population enabled for 7 days of messages with a maximum of 350 messages, and Send headers only is unchecked. But when I do the enterprise activation on the handheld. None of the messages are downloaded. Is there anything else the needs to be configured for pre-population to work?

Thanks.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:54 PM   #2
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900

Was this handheld already on the server and already went through an Enterprise Activation? The only times that pre-pop works, to my knowledge, is either with a new user or a new handheld for an existing user (new PIN, etc). You can try to remove yourself (or whomever) and readd and complete an EA again.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:09 AM   #3
Dobbin

Model: 8100v
Carrier: Vodafone

also check the time on the BB before you activate it. If its in a different timezone then it can fail pre pop too.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:48 AM   #4
Fuzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi
Was this handheld already on the server and already went through an Enterprise Activation? The only times that pre-pop works, to my knowledge, is either with a new user or a new handheld for an existing user (new PIN, etc). You can try to remove yourself (or whomever) and readd and complete an EA again.
It was completely new. The bes server was installed for the first time, and on the handheld, I wiped it completely before activation. So it was set up from scratch.

Also, wireless reconciliation doesn't seem to be working. E-mails are being redirected, but deleting messages in outlook/exchange doesn't delete from my blackberry, and deleting from my blackberry doesn't delete from outlook/exchange.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:55 AM   #5
Dobbin

Model: 8100v
Carrier: Vodafone

Interesting! I get a similar problem (that changes and deletions in either do not appear to replicate to the other), but have noted that if I reconcile now on the handheld the changes are applied to the other device. So synchronisation might be working, but perhaps not automatically?
Old 07-25-2005, 09:26 AM   #6
Fuzion

I tried reconcile by going to "Reconcile Now" on the handheld, but that seemed to have no effect. I'm going to try it again by deleting the user from the bes, and readding. Hopefully that will fix it.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:41 AM   #7
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900

make sure that your Exchange permissions are correct, as well.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:05 AM   #8
Fuzion

What are the exchange permissions that need to be set up? I currently have an administrator account, so I don't think the permissions are an issue.
Closed Thread