Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

Please Login to Remove!

BBFileScout update to 0.4.10
did that already last night (GMT)

What's new?
  • Auto detection of 'PDF 2 go'
  • If 'PDF 2 go' is installed PDF files will be automatically opend (no manual file association required)

What's fixed?
  • Contact reading should not show any popup, if a error occurs

Installation & Update
You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the BBFileScout Homepage

Once again: Deleting or renaming files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk! - Don't blame me, if you have bricked your BB.

Looking forward for your comments
Matthias
Old 03-08-2009, 03:42 AM   #42
emacf1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by visortgw View Post
The e-mailing of files works for me, too! I would like to make some suggestions for possible future enhancements to make it even better:
  1. Allow a user to select the sending e-mail account to use as opposed to only the default account -- I currently have nine accounts on my device.
  2. Provide a a better mechanism to find an outgoing e-mail address in the list generated from the Address Book. With 1600+ Address Book entries, there is no easy way to navigate to a name, especially since the list is sorted by last name. Entering a letter on the keyboard moves to the next name where the first letter of the first name matches the letter typed.
I 100% agree with you here - but I hope that you also can understand what I just have said: '...So I was forced to write my "own" email composer (with eMail subject and eMail body) - and YES - there are for sure better & more efficient ways to select the recipients [but I hope you also can understand, that I could not recode the RIM eMail Composer over the weekend]'

Quote:
BTW, what file types were you not able to send using the native RIM Messages application? I don't remember coming across any instances of this with the newer BlackBerry OSs (currently using 4.5.0.135), but it is more than likely that I just haven't hit the right (or wrong) one(s).
It's quite strange... On my Strom I can create (from the scratch) an eMail with any attachment - but when I use the API to create such a MSG I get an error (in the phone simulator) - I thought that there was a general problem with "exotic" attachments like 'ZIP' - since the Storm simulator does not allow me to attach ZIP's... strange since my real physical device can... I'll have to investigate this further... and there might be a way to use the original eMail composer then... thanks for pushing my nose again into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDM View Post
I forgot to mention would it help with the OTA issues if the cod was broken down into three parts (as per JAD contents)? I thought there was some sort of file size limit for otas - I maybe mistaken.
that would be really nice indeed - I suggest, that we are doing this via PM or so... I read as your provider 't-mobile A' -> that's Austria - right? Can make communication a bit easier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iare Tosevite View Post
Unfortunately it still crashes...

When opening
/store/tmp/medialoader.ml

Uncaught exception: invalid initialvalue
I am really sorry, that this is still not fixed - I hope you believe me when I am saying, that i could open here this file without any problems... I know, that does not help you much - that ml file is (from my understanding) an automatically created file by the MediaPlayer app...

Can you try:
  1. move '/store/tmp/medialoader.ml' to a secure place (e.g. on your SDCard)
  2. start the Media player again
  3. check if a new '/store/tmp/medialoader.ml' was created
  4. if not (or if media player crash), move back the file from the secure place to the right destination
  5. if there is a new '/store/tmp/medialoader.ml' file - could that be opened now?

Last edited by emacf1; 03-08-2009 at 04:02 AM..
Old 03-08-2009, 04:03 AM   #43
Iare Tosevite
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

No such luck. It's protected file.

opening file: Uncaught exception: invalid initialValue

Moving file: Uncaught exception: net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessExecptio n

Delete file: Msgbox error: The file 'medialoader.ml' os BuildIn your blackberry device and might not be deleteable [sic]. I then click ok, then.. the dialog stays there. I click ok again. crash error: Uncaught exception: invalid initialValue

I do delete file again, but don't click ok but scroll up instead. The dialog closes when I scroll up. In fact it closes on anything but ball click or enter, apparently, since it's actions that would open the file.

Rename file: msgbox: File System error. I click ok. It doesn't crash, and file is not renamed.

Oh while testing I notice that list doesn't get updated on deletes. :D I was also testing those same actions on a regular files.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:15 AM   #44
ohad_129

Model: 9800
PIN: 237be374
Carrier: orange il

great app
please think about that the bbworld need more then 1 language interface!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2009, 05:06 AM   #45
emacf1

bad luck Iare... I just have uploaded a new Version which might be able to tell me where in the code the "Uncaught exception" occurs - actually I still believe, that I am "catching" everything - but obviously I must do somewhere a fundamental mistake - I apologize for this.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:17 AM   #46
emacf1

BBFileScout update to 0.4.11

What's new?
  • Default BB-eMail Composer is used to send any FileAttachments from BBFileScout (previously there was a own implemented eMail composer)
  • If the default BB-eMail Composer is causing problems with sending attachments, then you can turn on the BBFileScout-"buildIn" eMail Composer via the Options.

Installation & Update

Once again: Deleting or renaming files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk! - Don't blame me, if you have bricked your BB.

Matthias
Old 03-08-2009, 05:21 AM   #47
emacf1

Quote:
BTW, what file types were you not able to send using the native RIM Messages application? I don't remember coming across any instances of this with the newer BlackBerry OSs (currently using 4.5.0.135), but it is more than likely that I just haven't hit the right (or wrong) one(s).
That was really strange! - with my physical device I can send any attachments as I want - with the Simulators with which I normally test new implemented stuff first the BB-eMail-Composer refused "almost every" attachment type...

It could have saved so much time if I would had been aware, that that is a "Simulator only" problem... *big sigh* - well in any case I hope with the 0.4.11 this issue is now solved and you are happy, that you can use the default composer with all the comfort of searching & selecting recipients
Old 03-08-2009, 05:23 AM   #48
emacf1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohad_129 View Post
great app
please think about that the bbworld need more then 1 language interface!!!!!!
well honestly that's currently far out of "budget" here... - I can provide a GERMAN version as well - but I guess that would not make so many users happy...

Before I consider a localized version I want to have a "complete" package first.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:24 AM   #49
ohad_129

2 question
first how i send mail i seems to be not to send doc files only jpg as attachment but he dosnt send anything!!!!
above its wrriten version 0.4.8 and in the site its only 0.4.11 please let me know
thx

Last edited by ohad_129; 03-08-2009 at 06:25 AM..
Old 03-08-2009, 06:26 AM   #50
ohad_129

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by emacf1 View Post
well honestly that's currently far out of "budget" here... - I can provide a GERMAN version as well - but I guess that would not make so many users happy...

Before I consider a localized version I want to have a "complete" package first.
thx its great app
Old 03-08-2009, 07:39 AM   #51
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8830)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emacf1
Quote:
Originally Posted by visortgw
That was really strange! - with my physical device I can send any attachments as I want - with the Simulators with which I normally test new implemented stuff first the BB-eMail-Composer refused "almost every" attachment type...

It could have saved so much time if I would had been aware, that that is a "Simulator only" problem... *big sigh* - well in any case I hope with the 0.4.11 this issue is now solved and you are happy, that you can use the default composer with all the comfort of searching & selecting recipients
Excellent -- it works like a champ! Much better performance, too (i.e., no need for your app to load and parse the Address Book, etc.).

One other small thing that I noticed... When I select the menu from within the app, the Options item is preselected. Would it be possible to highlight the Open (or something else at the top of the menu if the file is not launchable directly)?

Thanks again for all of your efforts!

Last edited by visortgw; 03-08-2009 at 07:50 AM..
Old 03-08-2009, 07:44 AM   #52
emacf1

Quote:
2 question
first how i send mail i seems to be not to send doc files only jpg as attachment but he dosnt send anything!!!!
above its wrriten version 0.4.8 and in the site its only 0.4.11 please let me know
thx
Well - that sending attachment thing is quite strange... can you eMail attachments (doc) via the default BB-eMail composer? - If so, then you should check your options in 0.4.11 - when you can't attach such doc files in default composer, try to use the BB-FileScout Build in one...

-> all features included in 0.4.8 are also present in 0.4.11
Old 03-08-2009, 08:26 AM   #53
ohad_129

me too
Old 03-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #54
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

For any of you that have experienced the 907 (invalid COD) during the OTA install (or upgrade), just try the install again. I don't understand why, but it appears to work the second attempt. YMMV.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #55
emacf1

BBFileScout update to 0.4.12

What's fixed?
  • All the button's in the popup's (e.g. confirm dialogues) have now own KeyListener to react on ENTER -> required for sure for 8700'er users - *shame on me*!
  • Open 'XXX' should be now preselected menu entry (instead of 'options')
  • Bug hunting for Iare's "Uncaught exception: invalid initialValue" crash

Installation & Update

Matthias
Old 03-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #56
emacf1

I have changed the OTA JAD file - would be nice to get some feedback, IF that is going to work better then before?
Old 03-08-2009, 03:37 PM   #57
ohad_129

i want to know how to send amail
what im doing wrong
i get into my photo file pick one of them push my trackwheel and choose sent as an email
i put the address and when i want to sent it i havent the choice to sent only to keep it
what am i doing wrong
please help
thx
Old 03-08-2009, 03:56 PM   #58
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by emacf1
I have changed the OTA JAD file - would be nice to get some feedback, IF that is going to work better then before?
When I installed the latest 0.4.12 release earlier today, I initially encountered the 907 error. I immediately tried again, and I was successful the second time. This has been typical for the last several releases.

I assume from your post that you rebuilt 0.4.12 a bit differently. I reinstalled 0.4.12 on top of itself, and I was prompted to reboot (very common when upgrading BlackBerry apps). After rebooting again, I reinstalled one more time -- this time no reboot was necessary.

I will let you know if I experience any issues with future releases.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:11 PM   #59
ohad_129

can you reduce the number off the confirm dialog popups its make my tierd
thx
Old 03-08-2009, 04:12 PM   #60
emacf1

Quote:
i want to know how to send amail
what im doing wrong. I get into my photo file pick one of them push my trackwheel and choose sent as an email. I put the address and when i want to sent it i havent the choice to sent only to keep it
Well - as I already tried to ask:
Can you send the file with the default BB-eMail-Composer? YES|NO ?

if NO - go to the BBFileScout options and uncheck "use BB-default eMail composer" - now try to send an attachment from BBFileScout (a dialogue opens wher you enter recipient, subject and email body text) - then press the SEND-Button.

Quote:
When I installed the latest 0.4.12 release earlier today, I initially encountered the 907 error. I immediately tried again, and I was successful the second time. This has been typical for the last several releases.
this evening I encountered this also the first time (with the 0.4.12 release) - that was the motivation for me to investigate this [tried to understand HOW this normally is done/working]

Quote:
I assume from your post that you rebuilt 0.4.12 a bit differently. I reinstalled 0.4.12 on top of itself, and I was prompted to reboot (very common when upgrading BlackBerry apps). After rebooting again, I reinstalled one more time -- this time no reboot was necessary.
it was/is not building the application different...

let me explain what I did (wrong)... When I build the application with my IDE I get 1 x jad (with a internal reference to one cod) and 1 x cod itself - when the cod have a quite a small size, then everything is fine...

but since a couple of builds the file size was getting bigger and bigger and so the jad contained references to 3 different cod's (while there was still only a single cod created by the IDE) - IDE btw. is the Integrated Development Environment - so in the past I manually edited the JAD, so it only contained a single reference to the COD... that worked quite well for my Storm - and others did also not had issues.

I knew already, that a COD can be also a archive containing sub-cod files... and finally it made "click" in my head... instead of patching the JAD each time the key is to UNPACK the IDE created COD and provide the JAD + all the COD parts... placing all that in a single folder on the webserver...

Now I can even test OTA-Installation with the Phone Simulators (which I was not able in the past)... So I always "patched" at the wrong end and since a few minutes the "correct" files should be on the webserver and I just hope, that all OTA-installer issues with the other devices are solved also.
Closed Thread