Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 08:12 PM   #1
Adikari
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100T
Default Blackberry forms app design

Please Login to Remove!

Hi:

This is a UI usability question. We are designing a forms application for Blackberry and I want to know the recommended number of fields / controls that can be displayed on a single screen without causing usability issues. Is there some "rule-of-thumb" number like 6 or 7 or whatever?

Thanks,
Adikari
Old 06-30-2005, 06:19 AM   #2
BlackBerry Fairy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7520

Adikari,

I've designed interfaces for desktop applications and Web. I am new to JDE and Blackberry development, but one thing my group keeps in mind when designing interfaces is the level of knowledge the user(s) may have. If they are a saavy user, then your interfaces could probably include more complexity. If they are total newbies, then simplicity is the rule of thumb.

A great book on usability is Tognazzi on Interface Design. Regardless of the platform you work, the principals found in the book is what has help shaped useful and engaging interfaces.

I am working on a form as well I just cracked open my first venture and am getting the hang of it I think.
Closed Thread