BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 04:03 PM   #1
kosh

Model: n/a
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default how to access logic of the jad file download page?

Please Login to Remove!

Hey,

You know when you download an app, click on a download link from some anonymous site that links to a jad file......it finds the jad file, and then you see a page with a 'Download' and 'Cancel' button, along with other information like application vendor, version, name, description (all the stuff it picks up from the jad file)......is this page always generated everytime a jad file is downloaded? is it impossible to add functionality to what would happen if the user clicked download, or if he clicked cancel?

basically, say I had a site that took off credits from a user's account when he downloads an app. The way I can set it up is the user clicks on the download link for an app on my site, and I deduct credits from him. But now when he goes to that jad file page, and clicks cancel....the user didnt download the app, but the credits are already deducted. This is why I'm wondering if its possible to manipulate the logic on this jad file page, so I can deduct credits only when the user hits download on that jad file page.

Dont know if this makes sense. Please let me know and I can clarify, and Id be even more grateful if you guys could help me out with this concern.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:10 PM   #2
Dougsg38p
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

See the answer to your post the on RIM Java forum.
Closed Thread