Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 08:36 PM   #1
dudeman_27

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default "Messages" in backup/slow performance

Please Login to Remove!

A month or two ago I noticed my blackberry was acting VERY slow, I would try to get into messages or reply to a message and I'd have to wait a good 30 -60 seconds for the screen to unfreeze and load up. This was very frustrating. I also noticed when I tried to backup my blackberry it would error a certain way through and say "Error backing up" and close out.

I then decided to go into an advanced back up and select which items to backup, through trial and error I figured out that if I backed up everything besides "Messages" (not mms or sms, just "messages") it would backup and complete fine. I also received a message elsewhere that my "messages" section was corrupt (can't remember where). So I wiped my phone, restored the backup without the "messages" included and the thing has worked perfectly...until now.

My blackberry is now doing the same thing.

So I did the same procedure, went to advanced backup and got the same things as before.

So here's my question, What is "messages?" at first I figured obviously it would be my sms and mms, well I noticed there are different categories for both those and the amount each one has doesn't add up. I also figured ok browser messages or any other category of messages, I've gone into my phone, and nothing matches up.

I would like to know what that category is so I could possibly stop it from getting corrupt so I don't have to do a wipe so often. It would be much appreciated.

P.S. I will post screen shots and possibly videos later.
Closed Thread