Old 07-17-2007, 08:52 AM   #1
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Default Telenav 5.x Wish List

Please Login to Remove!

This thread is for serious wish list items only. All other posts will be moderated (ie probably deleted if they don't related to new desired features).

My simple wish list.

Volume Adjustment and MUTE while in route on a headset - When traveling and I basically know where the route is going, and I want to talk on the phone, I don't need the voice directions, and they often interfere with my conversations.

Shortcut to Change Views - Currently the spacebar repeats the audio prompt. I would like another key to change the views from say 3D moving map to traffic summary to route summary etc.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:00 AM   #2
CanuckBB
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: Rogers

-The trackball should control the volume, like it did in 4.7
- Canadian addresses from the address book should not default to US.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:09 PM   #3
bigboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: at&t

1. Put a delay when speaking directions through a bluetooth headset so that it doesn't cut off the first part of the direction.

2. Allow me to go to 2D Follow-Me Map without having to go through 3D Follow-Me Map.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:26 PM   #4
jungleland

Model: BOLD
Carrier: At&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckBB View Post
-The trackball should control the volume, like it did in 4.7
- Canadian addresses from the address book should not default to US.
Agreed....
Old 07-17-2007, 06:29 PM   #5
powercx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A

Have a selection of voices. Lady voice or different Accent. I would prefer the sound not to sound like a person being muffled on my 8800. It's not as crisp as it is on my Cingular 8525.

1. Different Voices.
2. Clearer Sound.
3. Louder through Speakerphone
Old 07-18-2007, 12:37 AM   #6
Airmark1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: ATT uhhhh Cingular uhhh I mean ATT

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8300/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Totally agree on the ability to change volume easier. It is a pain to do that now. Not very safe either.

How about a motion sensed volume control. Faster equals louder. So on the freeway it is loud enough and when I exit it is not blaring loud.

Reverse phone look up for a business to a address. It already has the phone number in the database. Allow me to reverse find it.

Aggreed on the ability to change map views easier.

Allow me to get to 3D follow me map easier. Not through the strange way it is right now.

Show me more info on 3D follow me map. At least the street I am on right now.

Night mode. A darker screen for driving at night. Wayfinder has this. Its a nice touch.

Have it calm down when I arrive. It gets too excited when I arrive but try and park.

A pause mode. Enroute to somewhere, I dexide to stop at a Taco Bell or something. While going through the drivethru it also tends to freak out. When I get back on the road, it should allow me to continue to my destination.

In a perfect world my data would be sent back to telenav. It would know I was going in 20 in a 40 MPH zoned street. AKA. Stuck in traffic. When all is said and done, traffic data on streets, roads, blvd etc. Of course this would only work with a lot more people out there. This a FUTURE wish. Not really possible now.

?was it a cat i saw?
Old 07-18-2007, 10:19 PM   #7
jtdarden
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8xxx
PIN: member2393
Carrier: Sprint Nextel
Default Calendar

Ability to Click to Navigate/Find Business from the Calendar's Location field in an appointment.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:32 PM   #8
cwonsey
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-Mobile

Add an Exit or Close option to the menu.

I hate having to back through every screen to close out the program if I'm looking up businesses. Maybe there is an easier way to close the program that I don't know about, if so, my apologies.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:21 AM   #9
DallasFlier

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog View Post
Volume Adjustment and MUTE while in route on a headset - When traveling and I basically know where the route is going, and I want to talk on the phone, I don't need the voice directions, and they often interfere with my conversations.
I agree with the observation about them interfering with your conversations, and MUTE would be nice, but I'd like something a bit different - I really LIKED the old 4.7 on my 8700, where the Telenav audio was routed through the speakerphone, even if you had a bluetooth headset paired and active. I'd like to see options on WHERE to route the Telenav audio, not just how loud. Let me pick between headset and speaker.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:17 PM   #10
Maverickster
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cingular

These should all be easy to implement, I would think.

1. Compass added to the navigation screen.
2. Fix the flub-up on the 8800 where you can't voicedial when TeleNav is running -- this is a serious irritant.
3. Make an option for toggling on/off voice commands through headset. I, for one, like to use the headset to make and answer calls, and that's it. So, if I'm driving down the road with TN on and a call comes in, I'd like to be able to flip on the headset, put it on my ear, answer the call through the headset and have TN continue to run, but not interrupt the call to feed commands (rather, just feed them through the speaker on the phone). Similarly, I'd like to be driving down the road with TN on, flip on the headest, press the voicedial button and have it work (also still feeding the TN commands through the speaker and not interrupting the call).

Those are mine. Thanks!

--Mav
Old 07-27-2007, 01:30 PM   #11
cwonsey

Carrier: T-Mobile

IMO, they should also add an option to take your route "offline". If implemented, it would allow you to get your route, look at your maps, whatever. Once you have determined the route you wish to take, you easily select a "Go Offline" option or something similar, which would then store the coordinates of each turn on your device and would change from map view to turn icon view. This would allow people that frequently travel in and out of cellular range the feel secure in knowing that their route will always be available and the software will not get stuck at a loading screen trying to update traffic or maps.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:00 PM   #12
motogq

PIN: 23F635E7

I would like it to have a log to record fastest speed travelled(w/date & time), current speed, time travelled, long., lat. & altitude. Ability to set waypoints. If I can recall, Telenav used to have these features on my Nextel phone several years ago.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:45 PM   #13
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

PIN: Agaboobie

These are good ideas. Telenav engineers are supposedly looking at this thread. Keep them coming.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:07 PM   #14
jtdarden
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8xxx
PIN: member2393
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwonsey View Post
IMO, they should also add an option to take your route "offline". If implemented, it would allow you to get your route, look at your maps, whatever. Once you have determined the route you wish to take, you easily select a "Go Offline" option or something similar, which would then store the coordinates of each turn on your device and would change from map view to turn icon view. This would allow people that frequently travel in and out of cellular range the feel secure in knowing that their route will always be available and the software will not get stuck at a loading screen trying to update traffic or maps.
TeleNav already does this:
v4.x = click scroll wheel and select "Preview" or if you choose to get directions from another location (selecting your points A and B).

v5.x this option is called "route summary"

You just have to do 2 things: 1, make sure you get the directions before you leave coverage; and 2, do not go too far off route.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:38 PM   #15
hf1khal
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: At&T

I would like to sugest the addition of where right scrolling the trck ball right or left would change between 2D, 3D, turns, rout rout summary, trafic info and so on. Having to press the mue to and select the feature sure takes one's attention from the road. I already have the 5.1 but I would like this to be an added feature.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:05 PM   #16
Gordon Weiler

Model: BOLD

in "Recent Addresses" get rid of the balloon function as you scroll thru addresses. The balloon info is of no use and the delay that is caused by displaying the balloon is very annoying.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:59 AM   #17
Turboman93

How about the ablility to locate restaurants, gas stations, etc. that are on your current route with easy exit and re-entry points and not 2 miles behind you?

-Shawn
Closed Thread