Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 02:02 AM   #21
pamon
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMO

Please Login to Remove!

topic has been dead for a while... anyone get the airport extreme to work with the 8320 on consistant UMA connections yet? Seems like a lot of dropped connections... an official apple thread had hope, but no updates as of yet.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:18 PM   #22
ml320

Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Airport Extreme working with the Curve

I wanted to let you guys know that Tmobile has released a new hardware update for the curve. I have installed the update and I'm connecting and making calls on my AE with no problem. Give it a try the website is t-mobile.com/bbupgrade
Old 11-19-2007, 06:07 PM   #23
relaxo

Model: 8320t
Carrier: t-mobile

TO YOU SUCCESS STORIES:

Please tell us as much info as possible on how you got this to work...security, channels, software versions, checkboxes, etc etc???

THANKS!
Old 12-03-2007, 08:42 AM   #24
tydaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by recordsmith View Post
Hey guys I am a dummy when it comes to networking, Is it posible to keep my APE and hook another router to it to provide two wireless networks, one for my computers and one that works with the Curve/UMA? I guess it is stupid but I really want to keep my Air Disk.

I heard that Lunk had it working but I was thinking it might work differently with the apple product.
This should work just fine, I have my linksys router connected to my AEBS, with 2 networks in my house. The linksys is my wireless "G" network, and the AEBS is my wireless "N" network.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:28 PM   #25
anthonymoody
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700

After a painful but unsuccessful fight to get DM, Vista, and Parallels to play nicely together, I dragged out an old XP laptop and upgraded my 8320 to 4.2.2.180. I've made UMA the primary network choice and connected to my AE (N series) network. I'll use for a bit and report back.

Prior to the update, I had the dropped calls/handoff problems cited by many.

TM
Old 12-04-2007, 09:25 AM   #26
stewsan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: T-mobile,AIS,Globe

I have been using the airport "express" in several countries over the past couple of weeks. UMA has been working great with no dropped calls. I do however unplug it when I leave the room or during sleep. The one time I left it plugged in overnight, I had a difficult time the next morning hooking up until I unplugged for a few minutes and then tried it again.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:14 PM   #27
miberry

Model: 8700g

T-Mobile has verified that the problem with the Airport Extreme is limited ONLY to the newer N types and they, Apple, and RIM are working on a fix. According to T-Mobile, they only identified this problem on December 3rd. As an fyi my Curve works great with the older g type extreme as well as the the airport express.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:28 PM   #28
funkyp56

Model: iPhon
PIN: iPhones have no PIN
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamon View Post
i've decided to abandon the airport extreme on my network until the firmware is updated. I reconnected my linksys router and get the 8320 UMA to work perfectly and my network is fine. As soon as the airport extreme is updated and/or the 8320 is updated to support the airport w/out a lot of hacks, i'll stick w/ my linksys.
Looking to get rid of that AE?
Old 12-08-2007, 04:36 PM   #29
anthonymoody

Model: 8700

Quote:
Originally Posted by miberry View Post
T-Mobile has verified that the problem with the Airport Extreme is limited ONLY to the newer N types and they, Apple, and RIM are working on a fix. According to T-Mobile, they only identified this problem on December 3rd. As an fyi my Curve works great with the older g type extreme as well as the the airport express.

Can you point us to this verification from TMo?

FWIW, post OS upgrade UMA is still flakey, whether you're talking about drops in general or poor handoffs b/t wireless radios...

TM
Old 01-14-2008, 02:59 PM   #30
kgrecian

Default Other H@H phone works fine!

In case anyone was curious I have the Samsung H@H phone as well and it does work with the Airport Extreme N router. The 8320.........not so much!!!
Closed Thread