Old 04-02-2010, 02:43 PM   #1
shoppergirl
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Prev Alltel...now Verizon
Default Password Keeper/Safe Gone!

Please Login to Remove!

I put this question under one of the OS 5 posts but thought maybe it should be a separate post.

When I updated to OS 5 it did not backup my phone although I do not have it checked to not make a backup and it erased my Password Keeper/Safe. After the update my phone was just like it was when originally purchased with many icons being in folders and having to be moved to Home Screen. I have looked in all the folders and even waited overnight to see if it updated and the Password Keeper Icon appeared but no luck.

Does anyone know why this was erased off my phone or how I can get it back? I used this feature a lot to keep up with passwords for all the family and now I have lost all my info. I am quite upset that it showed it was backing up all my info and then there is no backup file to be found. I've never had an update wreck my BB like this one did. I got all kinds of errors and had to do the update twice and I am still not convinced it completely loaded since my Password Keeper is gone and it did not restore my info.

Help!?
Sorry I'm just very frustrated right now! I actually thought at one point that it fried my BB Tour and I would have to go to VZW and get another one because I had to work and work to get it to come back up after updating twice.

I've found there is no need to call VZW tech support, they'll just say right off the bat...update did not load properly do it again. And if you call and say did that and it didn't work, they have no answers....at least they never have for us. I wish I had gone with AT&T and the Bold. I've had more problems with this Tour than my friends have with their Bold. And my 8830 was priceless...this Tour is junk IMHO!
Thanks!
Old 04-02-2010, 03:29 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted

So, first problem is the password keeper app is not on the device? You've made sure it isn't just accidently hidden? Then run the application loader in desktop manager again. On the screen that shows a list of applications, check those you want installed. You may find others, too, that you want but for some reason were not checked. And uncheck what you don't want.

Second problem, password keeper is empty. Search your computer for an .ipd file. I'd tell you where to look if I knew offhand. Hopefully you'll find the backup that was made automatically. Or else you'll find one from the past that is recent. If you find one, do a selective restore.

Good luck.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:23 PM   #3
shoppergirl
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Wirelessly posted

So, first problem is the password keeper app is not on the device? You've made sure it isn't just accidently hidden? Then run the application loader in desktop manager again. On the screen that shows a list of applications, check those you want installed. You may find others, too, that you want but for some reason were not checked. And uncheck what you don't want.

Second problem, password keeper is empty. Search your computer for an .ipd file. I'd tell you where to look if I knew offhand. Hopefully you'll find the backup that was made automatically. Or else you'll find one from the past that is recent. If you find one, do a selective restore.

Good luck.
Yeah aiharkness I have looked in every folder on the phone to be sure it was not hidden because all my other apps were they were when I initially purchased the phone.

I try your solutions to find and add Password Keeper back and let you know if I have any success.

Thanks!
Old 04-02-2010, 06:34 PM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted

No problem. Post an update when you can. Hope you find the backup file.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:13 AM   #5
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Usually the .ipd backup files are saved in My Documents.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:11 PM   #6
shoppergirl
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks guys for the info. I got my Password Safekeeper from the App Loader and I found a backup copy of my data that I forgot I had done on my Mac before I did OS 5 update on my husband's PC.
Closed Thread