Old 07-07-2006, 01:28 PM   #1
DoomBringer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7280
Carrier: cingular, no wait, AT&T
Default "Could not Update Folder State"

Please Login to Remove!

Hey,
I'm getting about 30-100 BES Alert emails (I've set it to send to me, and only errors) a day here, with a message of:
BlackBerry Messaging Agent [ServerName] Agent 1 (Application Event Long on BES): [Date Time] (AFFF4FE4) -> ([user]) Could not Update Folder State. TagId=######

The user in question hasn't complained or said anything. Of course, I have a few users who don't ever use their BBs... (why do they have them...?)
I've tried finding info on this error but it seems that there isn't any detail about it anywhere. Like I said, the user hasn't complained at all, so no big deal. I just want the flood of alerts to stop if easily fixable.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:14 AM   #2
phred

Model: 7100g
Cool Same issues with Could not Update Folder State

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBringer
Hey,
I'm getting about 30-100 BES Alert emails (I've set it to send to me, and only errors) a day here, with a message of:
BlackBerry Messaging Agent [ServerName] Agent 1 (Application Event Long on BES): [Date Time] (AFFF4FE4) -> ([user]) Could not Update Folder State. TagId=######

The user in question hasn't complained or said anything. Of course, I have a few users who don't ever use their BBs... (why do they have them...?)
I've tried finding info on this error but it seems that there isn't any detail about it anywhere. Like I said, the user hasn't complained at all, so no big deal. I just want the flood of alerts to stop if easily fixable.
I get the same thing almost every day on several different users. I have had complaints that emails they have "Filed" on the BB were not moved and are still in their Inbox when using Outlook. They seem to come in blasts and then go away for hours. I would love to hear anything as to what this could be and how to resolve it.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:59 PM   #3
ashworth
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

Well it could not update the folder stat, so that sounds like it could not save the information into the userxxx8217;s mailbox, or it could not update the information on the handheld.

If it is on the users mailbox, you would have to remove the user from the server add them back and re-Enterprise Activate.

If the issue is on the HH then a security wipe and Enterprise Activation.

Either way it is a bit of works. And you will have to get the user involved in one what or another.

My BlackBerry GPS Golf Application | Mileage Calculator
Closed Thread