Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 02:34 PM   #101
camo80
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Fido

Please Login to Remove!

Can someone on T-mobile who has all their programs working with wi-fi list all their service books on here?
Old 11-07-2007, 03:34 PM   #102
pspiegel
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

i just bought an 8820 today.. it appears blackberry messenger works while on wi-fi, i do have a data plan though but i have no EDGE/cell service at all..

is this what people are experiencing? that blackberry messenger works on wi-fi or is this just faking me out and working on EDGE?
Old 11-07-2007, 05:07 PM   #103
hsuanstr
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: T-Mobile

never had bis, or bes. all im programs work
Old 11-08-2007, 02:22 AM   #104
gbnemail07
Thumbs Must Hurt

i recently took some advice from this thread and added the data plan. Everything is working with that data plan and I will cancel it in a few days and see if things continue to work.

Opera Mini 4 works
Gmail works
Google Maps works
Viigo works
AIM works
BB Maps works
Facebook works

those are all I have tested so far but they all work with the data plan. I will update once I get rid of the data plan. Hopefully everything will cont to work.

If anyone has an app that they would like me to test out let me know asap and I will try to test it with and without the data plan

Andy

Last edited by gbnemail07; 11-08-2007 at 03:03 PM..
Old 11-08-2007, 05:10 PM   #105
gbnemail07
Thumbs Must Hurt

so i canceled my data plan and got the feature enabler turned on and my gmail does not work but my google maps does...opera mini still works facebook does not seem to be working and neither does viigo so im not sure but maybe things will magically start working again or stop who knows this all seems like one big crap shoot to me
Old 11-08-2007, 09:49 PM   #106
nevetswitz

Carrier: T-mobile

Same experience here...

T-mobile w/out data plan...

GMail, BBmaps, IM services were all working for about 2 weeks after I got the feature enabler turned on. About 4 or 5 days ago, these applications stopped working. I still have UMA/EDGE in capitals and still have the same service books as before.

As far as I can tell, nothing has changed on my phone to warrant the other programs from not working suddenly. So for right now I am just frustrated and confused, not really understanding why these applications stopped working suddenly...
Old 11-08-2007, 10:20 PM   #107
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Call T-Mo and have them make sure all is a-ok with the BlackBerry Enabler Feature on your account...

Everything still working like a champ on my end!

Kris
Old 11-09-2007, 12:35 PM   #108
inkwell
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsuanstr View Post
never had bis, or bes. all im programs work
Do you have a data plan?

Luigi
Old 11-09-2007, 06:45 PM   #109
filemonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevetswitz View Post
Same experience here...

T-mobile w/out data plan...

GMail, BBmaps, IM services were all working for about 2 weeks after I got the feature enabler turned on. About 4 or 5 days ago, these applications stopped working. I still have UMA/EDGE in capitals and still have the same service books as before.

As far as I can tell, nothing has changed on my phone to warrant the other programs from not working suddenly. So for right now I am just frustrated and confused, not really understanding why these applications stopped working suddenly...
Almost the same problem as I have. All my applications stopped working a day after I got the blackberry feature enabler on my account. I'm really frustrated because of it and I'm wondering why a lot of developers never provided native support to wifi enabled phones :(.

A question though; is the blackberry feature enabler supposed to make specific applications (gmail, facebook) work with wifi? Because I'm confused as to just what it does do...
Old 11-09-2007, 08:22 PM   #110
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Here are the service book I have... Everything is working great on my end...

If you are having problems then I'd call T-Mo BB Support and make sure you are properly provisioned for the BB Enabler...

Code:
BBFS1 [KEYNEGO]
BBFS1 [BBIM]
Blackberry Internet Browsing Service [BrowserConfig]
IPPP for BIBS [IPPP]
BBFS2 [BBIMConfig]
Wireless Village - ICQ [SMP]
Wireless Village - Yahoo [SMP]
Windows Live [BBIMConfig]
Virtual Preload Handango [BrowserConfig]
BBFS1 [BBIMconfig]
BBFS2 [YHO]
E-Mail Setup [BrowserConfig]
Provisioning [PROVISIONING]
T-Mobile USA WAP BrowserConfig [BrowserConfig]
T-Mobile USA WAP Transport [WAP]
MMS Config [WAP]
WAP Push Config [WAPPushConfig]
Wi-Fi TCP/IP Browser [BrowserConfig]
Wi-Fi TCP/IP Transport [WPTCP]
Kris

Last edited by LunkHead; 11-09-2007 at 08:33 PM..
Old 11-10-2007, 05:09 AM   #111
ycomp
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: kyivstar (no blackberry plan available)

not sure if I understand everything here...

so there's a way to get BB Browser to work without a data plan? How do I do this exactly? I have a Pearl.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:57 AM   #112
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycomp View Post
not sure if I understand everything here...

so there's a way to get BB Browser to work without a data plan? How do I do this exactly? I have a Pearl.
This thread is for the T-Mobile 8320 (Curve) with Wi-Fi...
Old 11-10-2007, 09:26 AM   #113
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

OH my I have spotted the ever elusive LUNK!!!

he posted here some 3 hours ago

we are getting close
Old 11-12-2007, 05:26 PM   #114
kooqeem0nsta

I have had a the Curve for a couple of weeks now. Newbie to BB and thanks to you guys I have learned quite a bit. Here's my lil' piece of info.

Gmail, Gchat, and Opera mini didn't work for me until I added BIS. Prior to that I have tried just using wifi but it still wouldn't let me use those applications. A couple of days ago, I have disabled the BIS feature and since then, All of the above apps have been working fine over wifi. Unfortunately for me, I just dl a new theme (flamboyant ? ) and when I installed it, it deleted my opera so I had to DL it again. Now it doesn't work.
Another thing is, I had free wifi at any Tmo hotspot location when I was on the BIS plan. But since I've turned it off, I can no longer stroll into any starbucks and use their wifi. =(
I should also note, the Tmo rep who i spoke w/ when i deactivated my BIS plan would NOT enable the BB feature enabler. She said it came w/ the plan. So I guess my question is , how are you guys/gals getting this feature turned on?

Last edited by kooqeem0nsta; 11-12-2007 at 05:28 PM..
Old 11-12-2007, 06:10 PM   #115
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Call back and talk to another rep... The BlackBerry Enabler Feature is for BlackBerry without a data plan... The rep you spoke with did not know... Cal back and have then add the feature..

Kris
Old 11-12-2007, 10:07 PM   #116
jumesan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
Call back and talk to another rep... The BlackBerry Enabler Feature is for BlackBerry without a data plan... The rep you spoke with did not know... Cal back and have then add the feature..

Kris
When you say 'without a data plan," would that include just BB email without BIS? The T-Mo rep said I didn't need Enabler Feature since I have the email plan, even though I don't have a data plan.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:08 AM   #117
kooqeem0nsta

thx Lunkhead
Update: So I called up tmobile (for another reason) but decided to ask for the "feature enabler". The rep I had went right ahead and added it onto my plan. When I checked on mytmobile.com, it list the "blackberry feature enabler" as part of my plan. You can clearly see "FREE" marked right next to it. Woo hoo.

Anyway, for whatever reasons, I noticed that I'm always connected to gchat and can access gmail, and the web. I'm not entirely sure how I can do that but AFAIK, it's working as we speak. I was skeptical and thought the rep I spoke to, had enabled the BIS service but it wasn't listed on my account (mytmobile). Am I just lucky ? or is this normal? And will I be charged for data usages?
Old 11-15-2007, 02:43 AM   #118
Unfabled

Model: Curve
Carrier: T-Mo

Hello there.

New member here. Just got my Blackberry Curve from T-Mobile. LOVE IT.

I was just reading all of this and I wanted to make sure I was clear.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Okay, so basically I want what a lot of other members in this thread are wanting: Being able to check my gmail, get online, etc; using a Wifi connection. NOT Hotspot @ Home. For example, my college has free wifi for students.

If I get the "BB Enabler" turned on and the "Service books" from T-Mobile I should be able to get online, use google maps, check gmail, etc using any Wifi connection no problem?

Am I getting charged for pay-per-use or the number of MB I transfer when using wifi? I would think I'm not, since I'm using a wifi connection that isn't associated with T-Mo at all.

Someone please clarify!

- Keven from Dallas
Old 11-15-2007, 07:13 PM   #119
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

You are correct... I have all of the above listed and don't have any additional charges... They have NO clue what you do when connected to Wi-Fi...

Enjoy!!

Kris
Old 11-16-2007, 12:33 AM   #120
Unfabled

Model: Curve
Carrier: T-Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
You are correct... I have all of the above listed and don't have any additional charges... They have NO clue what you do when connected to Wi-Fi...

Enjoy!!

Kris
Cool. Called T-Mobile and had the Rep add the Blackberry Enabler Feature. It took him a few minutes to find it, and I had to tell him it was free and he finally found it. He also had just got a Curve himself and was really friendly asking me what features I had played with so far.

Received a text msg from 'BlackBerry' 10 minutes later saying "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network."

I now have uppercase 'EDGE' when I had lowercase 'edge' before. Haven't added the data package yet (Assuming you were talking about the 19.99 BIS package)

Going to attempt to use Opera now without the package just to see what happens.
Closed Thread