Old 06-18-2007, 11:25 PM   #1
sh0n
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default telenav

Please Login to Remove!

I have to say that for anyone wondering how well telenav actually works and if its worth it, in my opinion, it totally is. I had the gps receiver for my pearl, thought the whole blackberrymaps and gps was a joke. NOt until today, and adding the telenav to my account with the CUrve, have i felt i got my moneys worth for the receiver. Im so happy with it. 10 bucks a month and you got yourself a co pilot. GRanted if you dont have a reciver youll need the 100 for that, but in a new city? no prob. i used it in PHX today, minutes after adding the feature, and i was amazed how well it worked. even in semi new areas.. Not exactly a garmin, but pretty close, ON A BLACKBERRY!!! maybe im a little new to the blackberry, only about an addict for 8 months, but its freakin cool.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:33 PM   #2
Airmark1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: ATT uhhhh Cingular uhhh I mean ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0n View Post
its freakin cool.
yes it indeed is. I am very pleased with the program. The support has a tendency of blowing chunks, but it is still worth it enen with the lack of good support. I travel all other the world (haven't had a chance to use the Europe portions) and it has saved me many of times in the U.S.

?was it a cat i saw?
Old 06-19-2007, 07:06 AM   #3
Flashman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular
Smile

I retired my TomTom GPS (in my wife's car now) in favor of Telenav. I prefer it for the following reasons:
  • It speaks out the street names.
  • The maps are always up to date.
  • It is way more portable.
  • I can update favorites via the web
  • Favorites accept lat/long positions
  • NAVTEC sounds cooler than TOMTOM when talking to friends.

BTW, they have a $99/year special if you order it from their website instead of paying AT&T.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:08 AM   #4
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I am not a frequent traveler...and so I have not hooked up with the extra-cost Telenav program, choosing rather to use GoogleMaps instead, which is free. How much better, clearer and easier to use is Telenav over GoogleMaps that would make it worth my extra $10 monthly?

I moved to the Midwest 2-years ago from Texas, and would appreciate some great maps and GPS-like service for traveling even around this part of the country.

Last edited by davistld01; 06-19-2007 at 07:09 AM..
Old 06-19-2007, 07:12 AM   #5
dtmfjunkie
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: BOLD
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
How much better, clearer and easier to use is Telenav over GoogleMaps that would make it worth my extra $10 monthly?
If you've ever used a stand alone GPS/Map solution like TomTom, etc. you'll know the step by step directions which are read out to you. ie. Turn Right in 30 meters, etc.

If you need that kind of driving navigation, you'll benefit from telenav. I personally had it on the 8800, but found it useless on the curve. I know it works with the GPS puck, but just think it's too much of a hassle to connect it every time I need to find where I'm going.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:14 AM   #6
zero7404
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9530
PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob

i've been using it on and off for about 2 months now....it's not as good as a gps system that comes with a car or aftermarket stereo gps.

it's a bit slower, not as accurate (it sometimes tells me my destination is on the opposite side of where it really is), and satellite coverage is not as strong as it is with dedicated nav systems.

i also have a gps antenna in my car, and while driving the stereo was showing full bars for that antenna while telenav was giving me errors with no coverage. but that only happened once....

overall, it's a good nav system. not sure if i'd continue to pay monthly for it....
Closed Thread