Old 07-10-2005, 09:45 AM   #1
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon
Default Help with JAD and JAR file convertions to COD files

Please Login to Remove!

I have had a hard time trying to download certiain applications via OTA. I get a 907 error constantly on both the VNC and the jmIrc applications. I can use my computer and download the jar and jad files with no problems. I did a search on the forum and found and article by Mark describing how to do precisely this. I went ahead and downloaded the JDE and the updates that he described. I installed them and this is where the roblem begins.

First i cannot find anyplace where the 4.0 is located. I cannot find c:\programs\bin.

So every time I go to DOS to run the RAPC.exe i get errors like RAPC is not a recognized program and the like.

I am sure more than likely is that I am not either installing these programs properly or that I am not doing something right. I could appreciate some help here. I am not a techie or a programmer but most of the time I do quite well following these types of instructions. I am stuck this time, this BB is being a god sent to me, and I really say like so many in here that I do not know how i mangd to get along without it before. I just want to do all of the obvious things that I cant still do with it and have not attempted. Thanks.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 07-10-2005, 12:04 PM   #2
bg_27
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers

The reason it can't find the RAPC.exe program is because you should use the full path of the RAPC:

"C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.0\bin\rapc.exe"

And you MUST use the double quotes
Old 07-10-2005, 12:07 PM   #3
KonTiki

I did do that i didnt right it for brevity, besides if you look at the full path you will understand that i stated that I cannot locate the Blackberry JDE 4.0 in my computer if Mark assumed one had to have that installed prior to installing the two files in his instructions he neglected to mention it.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 07-10-2005, 01:35 PM   #4
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Did you download the BlackBerry JDE 4.0? I'm assuming you did not.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...359F4AE7BD7BA1

Once installed, you can actually add the path to your path variable in Windows for ease of use. Click on Start then Run and type in sysdm.cpl and click OK. Click on the Advanced tab, then click on Environment Variables. At the bottom, select Path and click on Edit. Push the End key (takes you to the end) and add a semi-colon (;) and then C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.0\bin\ - cick OK and OK again and OK once more. Now you can just open a command prompt and type in rapc.exe from anywhere.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:22 PM   #5
KonTiki

For what it is worth it i made a file of the erros i am getting when i try to rapc.exe vncen.jar.

Here is the attachment.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 07-10-2005, 09:02 PM   #6
KonTiki

Ok this is the status so far:

Downloaded and installed JED 4.0
I see the folder it created and all.
Downloaded and installed the update but I am not sure if i did it right.
I ran it from the same directory that the JED 4.0 was installed into
Ran the update exe file. it goes through the motions but again not sure if it is taking or not.

I even did as jibi suggested by putting the location in the path

I then try to run the rapc.exe with a jar or jad file to convert to cod and get an error that says the file is not recognized.

I have manually searched for the file and it sure as hell is there in the JED 4.0 folder.

So i am lost. All I want to be able to do is upload two programs the VNC and the jmIrc. Since it appears I am too dense to do this right, if anyone has either done it already or can do it for me please either post or e-mail me the appropriate cod files. For some reason I do not understand other than this might be a Verizon block so you go to them to buy stuff, I cannot download over the air and istall many of the programs I do find. Some have snuck in the rest I have had the fortune of downloading cod files and have had no problem installing those at all. Your help will be greatly appreciated. If you need the jad jar files e-mail me and I will forward them. Thanks again to all of you who are trying to help.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 07-10-2005, 10:28 PM   #7
KonTiki

Ok I finally got it to work, it was something with the path that is not working on my machine if I switch the DOS window to the right directory and move the right programs like rapc and javaloader into it then it works fine. Thanks again jibi for heading me in the right direction. You are aces.The aps uploaded fine just have to figure how to use them now.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Closed Thread