Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 11:22 PM   #1
rawm
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: CSL1010
Default I love BB, but ...

Please Login to Remove!

I just got my new 9900 and I am very pleased with it. So far the best BB I owned and I had every top model since the 8700. However somehow I am baffled how long it took BB to implement:
  • a really small charger, like Apple is doing it since years
  • the ability to use Apple compatible headsets (Monster PowerBeats Sports work with the 9900) with start/stop and volume controls. In the past you just could use such headsets on a BB to listen to music. No controls and making phone calls would not work, but just give you a “flashing headset” as an error message
I just hope BB will implement, or you can say copy, useful technologies faster, even it means to “admit” Apple are doing certain things better.
Hopefully the 9900 “buys” BB some time until they can introduce their new QNX OS.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:43 AM   #2
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long
Default Re: I love BB, but ...

Just think - the iPhone did not allow copy and paste for a long time, owners could not change the wallpaper, it still does not have anything like the notification options that BlackBerry does. I am baffled why it took Apple so long to implement some of the features that have been available on BlackBerry for years. See, it goes both ways.

I think people should have the phone that best meets their needs.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:02 AM   #3
rawm
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: CSL1010

Daphne,

agree what you wrote about the missing "iPhone" features and I don't mean to promote the iPhone, but what (unfortunately) counts is the commercial success. The two points which I outlined were very simple to implement and make at least a small difference. No major hard- or software development were needed for it. RIM needs to improve their soft- and hardware wherever they can.
We all don't want RIM to share the fate of Palm.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:49 AM   #4
ZombieBerry
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Priv
PIN: 2AB9C463
Carrier: WIND

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawm View Post
Daphne,

agree what you wrote about the missing "iPhone" features and I don't mean to promote the iPhone, but what (unfortunately) counts is the commercial success. The two points which I outlined were very simple to implement and make at least a small difference. No major hard- or software development were needed for it. RIM needs to improve their soft- and hardware wherever they can.
What counts, is that you buy the device that works for you. I would not be too worried about Apple's success. Please do not define commercial success as an exclusive North American concept. There are many small differences between iphone/Android/BlackBerry.

My Berry has been able to to use every type of bluetooth/headset/headphones that I have thrown at it. It's funny, because last year when I bought my Bluetooth headset, my friend with his iphone wanted the same set. Trouble was, he had to buy a $70 adapter to be be able to stream the music to his headset and use controls at the same time. The two points you outlined are not simple, as I said, Apple took some time to implement the same.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:32 PM   #5
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Quote:
Daphne,

In case you are thinking your post would be a message to RIM, you should know this forum is in no way assocated with RIM. We are all BlackBerry enthusiasts, but not connected to RIM, and this forum is privately owned.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:36 AM   #6
SmoothOperator
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Class
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne View Post
Just think - the iPhone did not allow copy and paste for a long time, owners could not change the wallpaper, it still does not have anything like the notification options that BlackBerry does. I am baffled why it took Apple so long to implement some of the features that have been available on BlackBerry for years. See, it goes both ways.
Also, the iPhone prior to their OS4 did not have the application switcher. However, RIM has stolen the universal search from Apple, which has always had that. Indeed it goes both ways.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:32 AM   #7
acoustix
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
[*]the ability to use Apple compatible headsets (Monster PowerBeats Sports work with the 9900) with start/stop and volume controls. In the past you just could use such headsets on a BB to listen to music. No controls and making phone calls would not work, but just give you a “flashing headset” as an error message[/LIST]I just hope BB will implement, or you can say copy, useful technologies faster, even it means to “admit” Apple are doing certain things better.
Knowing Apple and their hatred of standards I'd say it's more an issue with the Apple hardware rather than BlackBerry.
Closed Thread