Old 01-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #21
Giselle9938
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: none
Carrier: a Cheap company that I'll leave very soon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
What Steve says is true. In the first 30 days of the purchase, they have to take it back, except with a damaged device, SO be sure to return it to the manager who damaged it.
On some TMO markets you only have 14 days and if you try to return the phone after the 14 days they'll charge you the ETF. Every carrier have a Customer Resolution Team or Customer Relations Group. You should talk with them and not with regular Customer Service.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #22
TeritaM
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Torch
Carrier: Island of Misfit Toys

I'm shipping the phone back today. I'm still within my 14 days so let them deal with it. I can't.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:59 AM   #23
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Good choice.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:12 AM   #24
Giselle9938

Just to be sure... call Customer Care to be sure they make notes in the account about the situation and told them you shipped the phone back today. Just in case they received the phone after the 14 days.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:21 AM   #25
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

if you have one give them the tracking # as well. send with delivery confirmation
Old 01-13-2009, 05:33 PM   #26
TeritaM
CrackBerry Addict

So in the end...

I ordered another one from them and had it overnighted...they shipped and billed me for three phones. I kept one and rejected the other two at the door.

The old phone is on it's way back to t-mo after a minor snafu. problem solved. thanks for letting me vent/helping me out. it is always appreciated.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:38 PM   #27
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeritaM View Post
So in the end...

I ordered another one from them and had it overnighted...they shipped and billed me for three phones. I kept one and rejected the other two at the door.

The old phone is on it's way back to t-mo after a minor snafu. problem solved. thanks for letting me vent/helping me out. it is always appreciated.
I am sorry that you went through all of this due to someone's carelessness and unwillingness to take responsibility. I am glad that you got it all sorted out!

E-

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 01-18-2009, 11:48 AM   #28
slmoney
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMobile

oh..and I have a 8220...The battery door is a ***** to get off!
Old 01-19-2009, 12:27 PM   #29
Giselle9938

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmoney View Post
oh..and I have a 8220...The battery door is a ***** to get off!

Try to do it with long nails.... geeezzzz LOL
Old 03-31-2009, 09:20 PM   #30
TeritaM
CrackBerry Addict

So I dug this thread up to tell the end of this sordid tale:

The postal service (I shipped priority w/ delivery confirmation) either lost or stole the scratched phone. I'm being billed close to $380 for a $50 phone. They are treating me like a criminal even though I have not been in possession of the phone since January. The postal service is just "sorry", but the package is supposedly on it's way. My service has been suspended 3 times because I refuse to pay them for a phone I shipped back properly. I've been given until Monday to pay or be suspended again.

The manager who scratched my phone and started all this? Still working in the store and using tools to open phones.

Gotta love T-Mobile. I hope whoever has that scratched device has something just as foul happen to them.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:59 AM   #31
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

Model: 8900
Carrier: None

wow...... i'm sorry to hear all that.....
Old 04-01-2009, 11:32 AM   #32
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Wow..... Just wow...

If they suspend can you just forget about them and go with another carrier.. I'm sure eventually though it will hit your credit.

That is pretty bad...

I'd call up one last and go from the begining, YOUR store manager scratched my phone.. I sent it back via USPS give them the delivery confirmation number..

What type fo Customer support does T-Mo have jesus....

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #33
TeritaM
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO86 View Post
Wow..... Just wow...

If they suspend can you just forget about them and go with another carrier.. I'm sure eventually though it will hit your credit.

That is pretty bad...

I'd call up one last and go from the begining, YOUR store manager scratched my phone.. I sent it back via USPS give them the delivery confirmation number..

What type fo Customer support does T-Mo have jesus....
I'm expecting delivery on my Bold tomorrow...I'm going to end up paying twice as much for half the minutes, but I will be free of T-Mobile.

They are now calling me to "find out how I want to take care of the past due balance" so I explained the entire story for the last time today. I told the guy I was taking my business elsewhere-he had the nerve to say to me that it is unfair for me to leave T-Mobile because of the Postal Service's mistake. I said yeah, just as unfair as me being harassed and treated like a criminal right? you could have heard a pin drop. I'm still seething, but the chip is in the trash, and my 8900 is on it's way back (UPS this time) so if they do suspend me again I'll never know about it. Shame, I really liked T-Mo until this happened.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:38 PM   #34
bb_girl
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290
Carrier: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeritaM View Post
So I dug this thread up to tell the end of this sordid tale:

The manager who scratched my phone and started all this? Still working in the store and using tools to open phones.

Gotta love T-Mobile. I hope whoever has that scratched device has something just as foul happen to them.
Karma it'll happen eventually
Old 04-01-2009, 09:44 PM   #35
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

For the record, T-Mobile has never done me wrong, and I have been a customer for 9 years, with many changes in my accounts and service.

T-Mobile/Deutsche Telekom is not all bad.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:47 PM   #36
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

That really sucks. Can't the post office track the package? Did you insure it?
If you have a receipt or something showing you shipped it, I would think t mobile ought to honor that.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:12 AM   #37
TeritaM
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
For the record, T-Mobile has never done me wrong, and I have been a customer for 9 years, with many changes in my accounts and service.

T-Mobile/Deutsche Telekom is not all bad.
same here, until this happened I loved them and had no plans to leave. they had always taken care of me without any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne View Post
That really sucks. Can't the post office track the package? Did you insure it?
If you have a receipt or something showing you shipped it, I would think t mobile ought to honor that.
I sent it priority w/ delivery confirmation, so they can only track where the package was scanned. I didn't insure it (I see the mistake in this now).

I have a receipt with the delivery confirmation, the claim number that I opened up with the USPS and I woke up this morning to see that my service is suspended again.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:34 PM   #38
dwella
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

Well I know some will like and not like all providers. I decided to try tmo last year and was told I had a two week trial so I picked up my sim on Monday and put it in my BB and hit the plane. I travel as part of my business and wanted to see if the coverage of tmo was better than my existing provider. I found in my travels that tmo was no better and a little worse but not much than my existing provider so I returned the sim the second MOnday. I felt I really gave it a workout to be fair. WOW thats when we went downhill. I was told I was now commited as I did not return the sim on time as come to find out I only had 14 days. Now two weeks to me is 14 days but to tmo it is 15 I argued and argued to no avail and was even told that they much prefer the young kids than the older business crowd because the kids spend money.....wierd huh. Anyway after email and email and email they finally let me off the hook and all I had to do is return the BB and they would drop the issue. Keep in mind in the beginning of this I mentioned I used my own BB, I will shorten this and just say it was finally fixed in my favor. So I am not a big fan of the teen mo. I am now looking for an old mans math class to learn about tmo math

d
Old 04-03-2009, 12:23 AM   #39
TeritaM
CrackBerry Addict

^^^ha! it seems like with them when they are good then they are really good, but when they are bad, they are the worst.

I got my Bold today. I hate it. Seriously. Like hate. I'll be waiting patiently for AT&T to come out with the 8900.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:01 AM   #40
Giselle9938

As I said before, every carrier have a Customer Resolution Team or Customer Relations Group. They handle situations like this one.

If you go to the T-Mobile Webpage > About T-Mobile > Company Information > Goverment & Regulatory > On the "General Contact Information Area" you will find the Customer Relations address and you can send them a letter with your claim.

If you don't make a claim and that balance is placed with a OCA that will Definately hit your credit.