grandad
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange UK

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
Effectively immediately, Seidio will take this product out of market. We will look into the feedbacks and response As soon as possible.

Sorry for any inconvenience it may cause.

Seidio

What should I do about cancelling my order and getting my card refunded (order no. 121876).

Thanks.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:22 AM   #62
seidioseidio
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandad View Post
What should I do about cancelling my order and getting my card refunded (order no. 121876).

Thanks.
We will cancel the order for you. Your credit card is not charged until it is shipped.

Seidio
Old 10-28-2007, 04:25 PM   #63
spblat
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mo

Quote:
Effectively immediately, Seidio will take this product out of market. We will look into the feedbacks and response As soon as possible.

Seidio
Well done. I am confident that you will offer an exchange to the disappointed early adopters of this product. Not having received mine yet, it sounds like these are the things I am hoping you will improve for the next version:
  • Better fit overall
  • Closer matching of material and texture
  • Remove the mirror or make it less tacky (my preference is to leave it out)
  • Foam on the inside for snug fit
  • Less prominent Seidio logo (my preference is to leave it out)
Kudos for your responsiveness to these concerns.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:27 PM   #64
grandad

Carrier: Orange UK

Quote:
We will cancel the order for you. Your credit card is not charged until it is shipped.

Seidio
Brilliant customer service, thank you.
Hope we get a revision soon.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:43 PM   #65
whodey1991

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:

Seidio

Seidio, does this mean that those of us who have already paid and received the door will get refunds??
Old 10-28-2007, 10:44 PM   #66
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey1991 View Post
Seidio, does this mean that those of us who have already paid and received the door will get refunds??
Now THAT would be amazing customer service!!
Old 10-28-2007, 11:15 PM   #67
hansenc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700

I just placed my order for a hybrid case, holster, and battery door... will my order still ship ASAP? just without the door? will i be given a credit? just shipped the new Revision door when its read? is my order going to be canceled?
Old 10-28-2007, 11:58 PM   #68
DigitalX

Model: 8310

Quote:

Seidio
I didn't get the door because I bought the rubberized case. For what it's worth, I've ordered several things from Seidio and have been satisfied with what I've received. The rubberized case is just as good as the pictures indicate, so if you are undecided between the door or the full rubberized case, I can vouch for the rubberized case being good.

I've also found the customer service to be helpful and resonsive. Although this product may not quite be ready for prime time, I think the company has done a good job of making good quality BB products and following it up with good customer service.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:40 AM   #69
azfxstb

Carrier: Black & Yellow

Quote:

Seidio
Kudos for doing the right thing..this door slipped through QA/QC big time.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:38 AM   #70
SD BB Newbie

Model: 8310

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey1991 View Post
I agree. I received my door a few days ago and have been nothing but disappointed. The door does not fit well -- as stated above -- it doesn't fit flush with the body of the device, especially at the top. There is no foam battery pad, and the "mirror" is a piece of metal that is already so scratched that is no longer reflective. The door is slightly "rubberized" but feels nothing like the sides of my 8310. And yes, it smudges easily.

Being a BB Newbie, this is my first experience with Seidio. My hope is that Seidio gives a refund, or at the very least, a store credit. Otherwise, they likely have lost a new customer.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:26 AM   #71
psyct1

Model: iPhon
PIN: ask

i wonder how many people out there WERE satisfied with their replacement door...

as usual, no one really posts anything unless they are UNhappy with something...

i'm happy with my door, fits fine, i added a few strips of medical tape to the inside of the door for the "foam pad", and i don't mind the SEIDIO on the back... that mirror thing needs work but, i don't use it anyway...
Old 10-29-2007, 05:30 PM   #72
athenslb57
Thumbs Must Hurt

Just received a phone call from SEIDO asking for feedback on the battery door. I told them it needs to set flush at the top and remove the mirror from the door. At least they care enough to call and talk to users which is unheard of in this day and time. I have to give them props on that.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:12 PM   #73
Sparkomatic
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: S & Needles
Carrier: I don't even know her

I received my door today and was pretty nervous after reading the posts here. I must say I'm very happy with it so far. My OEM door was to high and kept coming off. I was using the plastic case from Seidio hoping that their replacement door would be a good replacement.

The Seidio door sits lower than the device. There's no over-hanging lip at all.

It feels solid...no gaps at all. Doesn't feel cheap at all and, there's no play on the back with the battery.

I'm not sure if I got a newer back or not. My only slight disappointment is the mirror. Like everyone else's, it does stick out and I can see it getting nice and scratched soon. It just sticks out to much. I do see two pin holes on the other side of the backing so I don't think it's just 'taped' on.

If they fixed the mirror, I'd probably buy another one. The logo's big but doesn't bother me.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:06 PM   #74
seidioseidio

Default Seidio 8300 Replacement Door

First of all, wexxx8217;d like to thank you for your feedback, both positive and negative. We definitely take your opinions very seriously and look at your suggestions for improvements and future products.

While a few here have posted their disappointment, others are praising it and giving it rave reviews. Because opinions vary, we look at other factors including sales and our own market research. Wexxx8217;ve researched opinions on this and other forums and have also contacted customers directly. Wexxx8217;ve concluded that the majority of our customers are satisfied with their purchase but not everyone is happy with the mirror. Therefore, wexxx8217;ve decided to create another version without it.

For those of you who are unhappy with your door, please contact customer service at 832-204-1118. They will arrange for you to send your door back for a full refund.

If you would like to switch to the non-mirror version, we can also do that once they arrive. Please do not contact customer service as they wonxxx8217;t have any ETA.

We will post as soon as theyxxx8217;re available and arrange an exchange.

Thank you,

Last edited by seidioseidio; 10-29-2007 at 11:09 PM..
Old 10-29-2007, 11:45 PM   #75
seidioseidio

OK…I wanted to reply to a few more posts from the last couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azfxstb View Post
The rubberized coating has 3 VERY small bubble spots in the finish (QAQC issue)
Quote:
One of the hook tabs on the top already broke through normal use...
This is obviously not normal. Please contact customer service so they can process your refund or send you a replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaTaX View Post
I'd actually like to get an all black back that did not have any openings on it at all and would cover the camera up.
Sorry you never heard from anyone. Customer service will only have information on current products, but we typically post here before products are released. FYI…we are still considering offering the door without a camera opening and will let you know as soon as we make a final decision.

Quote:
Funny how they (Seidio) were here to say it was coming and when it would ship but not a peep once everyone has seen it SUCKS
I apologize for not getting to you as soon as you’d like, but there were only three posts before the weekend. We try to post as often as we can, but can’t always be here 7 days a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
...they almost always have quality-control as well as fit/finish issues.
Quote:
...it's a shame that Seidio hasn't stepped their game up to a higher level.
Quote:
…We are still seeing great looking & sounding products, that just don't cut the mustard at the end of the day.
I have to say these comments caught me by surprise, especially after reading some of your reviews. Here are some of your quotes:
Quote:
…and have always been very satisfied with the quality and integrity of their products…
Quote:
I had tried Seidios similar product combination on two of my previous smartphone/PDA devices (Palm Treo 680 & BlackBerry 8800) and had been totally impressed by the fit and finish of the cases...
Quote:
They have been, and still are the leaders in innovative products for the latest smartphones and PDA's...and I believe that you will be very satisfied with this product as well as others in their lineup.
I’m not sure what’s happened between now and then, but if you have an individual issue please email me at forum@seidio.com to see if I can help. I’d like to know what we’ve done to suddenly change your opinion.

Seidio is growing tremendously and gaining recognition as a leader in this expanding market. We design very unique items. Sometimes it’s hard to gauge exactly what features customers want and what they don’t, but deciding to make changes or improve a design doesn’t mean that the original product was subpar. It means that both quality and innovation are very important to us and are key to our continued leadership. Our quality has even captured the attention of major carriers, and some of our products can now be found in their stores.

If you look around you won’t see a lot of companies willing to make changes in their product simply based on forum suggestions. In fact, you’d be hard pressed to find companies even willing to respond to your feedback at all.

We will continue as always to look into new ways to improve both current and future products.

Thank you,
Old 10-29-2007, 11:57 PM   #76
Ramsy

Quote:
OK…I wanted to reply to a few more posts from the last couple of days.

This is obviously not normal. Please contact customer service so they can process your refund or send you a replacement.

Sorry you never heard from anyone. Customer service will only have information on current products, but we typically post here before products are released. FYI…we are still considering offering the door without a camera opening and will let you know as soon as we make a final decision.

I apologize for not getting to you as soon as you’d like, but there were only three posts before the weekend. We try to post as often as we can, but can’t always be here 7 days a week.

I have to say these comments caught me by surprise, especially after reading some of your reviews. Here are some of your quotes:

I’m not sure what’s happened between now and then, but if you have an individual issue please email me at forum@seidio.com to see if I can help. I’d like to know what we’ve done to suddenly change your opinion.

Seidio is growing tremendously and gaining recognition as a leader in this expanding market. We design very unique items. Sometimes it’s hard to gauge exactly what features customers want and what they don’t, but deciding to make changes or improve a design doesn’t mean that the original product was subpar. It means that both quality and innovation are very important to us and are key to our continued leadership. Our quality has even captured the attention of major carriers, and some of our products can now be found in their stores.

If you look around you won’t see a lot of companies willing to make changes in their product simply based on forum suggestions. In fact, you’d be hard pressed to find companies even willing to respond to your feedback at all.

We will continue as always to look into new ways to improve both current and future products.

Thank you,
Seidio, thanks for taking the time to give feedback to the feedback. It is very much appreciated that I know that your company not only stands by its products, but listens to its customers.

I was one of the people that provided an early review of your product and would like to suggest that if you are going to re-do the door, just a suggestion or two that you might consider when you re-do the product. Two suggestions (beyond removing the mirror) that I think will make this product really good: (1) refine the fit of the door so that it sits flush with the phone like the OEM door, and (2) change the rubber material to something more like that used by RIM on the side of the phone.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:03 AM   #77
whodey1991

Quote:
First of all, we’d like to thank you for your feedback, both positive and negative. We definitely take your opinions very seriously and look at your suggestions for improvements and future products.

While a few here have posted their disappointment, others are praising it and giving it rave reviews. Because opinions vary, we look at other factors including sales and our own market research. We’ve researched opinions on this and other forums and have also contacted customers directly. We’ve concluded that the majority of our customers are satisfied with their purchase but not everyone is happy with the mirror. Therefore, we’ve decided to create another version without it.

For those of you who are unhappy with your door, please contact customer service at 832-204-1118. They will arrange for you to send your door back for a full refund.

If you would like to switch to the non-mirror version, we can also do that once they arrive. Please do not contact customer service as they won’t have any ETA.

We will post as soon as they’re available and arrange an exchange.

Thank you,

I for one have to say I am quite impressed Seidio with the fact that you are listening and your approach. I bought an 8700 holster awhile ago and it was absolutely perfect, so I am definitely not going to let this door get in my way as a customer.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:36 AM   #78
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:

SeidioSeidio...

You have a PM.

-Terry
Old 10-30-2007, 01:46 PM   #79
str8down
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: BOLD

I received mine. It's ok, it's thinner and more flimsy than the original, and fittment isn't the best. It fits well on the right side but on the left side there is a noticible gap. I bought 3 of them for 3 different BB's too, so I know it's not my BB that is the problem, nor is it a 1 off problem, as they are all like this. It's not terrible, but I prob wouldn't buy it again knowing what I know now.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:18 PM   #80
jdrive

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

My door fits fine and looks fine, but the 'rubberized' material does NOT prevent it from slipping on surfaces like dashboards, etc. For that I still need Egrips.
Closed Thread