BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)
Default Yay, more Religious Fundamentalist Terrorists....

Please Login to Remove!

Christian militia accused of plotting to kill cops | ksdk.com | St. Louis, MO

I'm sure you have all read or heard about these guys. Seems like even the Christians have plenty of nut jobs that think violence is good way to force people into believing.....

I do believe there will eventually be a uprising / revolution but it will have more to do with politics than religion.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:46 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Those people aren't Christian any more than I could declare myself an Eskimo and put up a website declaring it so and carry out a plan against the government would make myself an Eskimo. They're deranged extremists no different than any nutcase.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:25 AM   #3
test54
BlackBerry Master

"Hutaree quotes several Bible passages and states: "We believe that one day, as prophecy says, there will be an Anti-Christ. ... Jesus wanted us to be ready to defend ourselves using the sword and stay alive using equipment."

they may not be your brand of Christian but to me they meet the criteria.

http://hutaree.com/

Last edited by test54; 03-30-2010 at 10:30 AM..
Old 03-30-2010, 10:37 AM   #4
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

No they aren't. You're smart enough to know that.
If you think they are Christians, then you're really not educated enough on the subject yourself. Don't humor them by giving them your credit on their claims.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:02 AM   #5
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

Model: 5S
PIN: & Teller

Another example of:

Religion is good, religions are bad, very bad.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:02 AM   #6
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

btw, fyi, another of the type you might agree is a Christian.

Suspect says he is Christ, wants to have sex with wife and daughter | al.com

@test54, The suspect is from Mississippi, so just because this occurred in Alabama, don't crucify all people who say they are Alabamians as sex-crazed loonies.

Quote:
Suspect says he is Christ, wants to have sex with wife and daughter
By Press-Register staff
March 30, 2010, 6:01AM

POGO, Ala. -- Authorities say 65-year-old Jean Timms of Gun Town, Miss., broke into a Franklin home on Sunday, said he was Jesus Christ, then told the property owner he was there to have sex with his wife and daughter, the TimesDaily newspaper reports.

A mental health evaluation has been ordered for Timms, who is charged with third-degree burglary, attempted indecent exposure and resisting arrest, authorities told the TimesDaily of Florence, Ala. Timms encountered the homeowner in the living room, told him he was Christ, stood there for a few minutes, then claimed to be Elvis Presley and pulled his pants down to this knees, according to reports.

Last edited by JSanders; 03-30-2010 at 11:07 AM..
Old 03-30-2010, 11:10 AM   #7
test54
BlackBerry Master

I think you are being a bit defensive, I am not saying all Christians are ready to be extremists. However, there are extremist Christians that even though they are violent, they are Christians.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:11 AM   #8
kathrynhr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Technically, a Christian is not someone who says "I'm a Christian," he is someone who attempts to follow (no one is perfect) the teachings of Christ. Anyone who is deliberately planning to kill a police officer and blow up his funeral doesn't qualify.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:16 AM   #9
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
I think you are being a bit defensive, I am not saying all Christians are ready to be extremists. However, there are extremist Christians that even though they are violent, they are Christians.
Yep, and in another general statement, there are extremist university professors that just want to condemn all Christians. There are also university professors and PhD's who are violent and kill people.

You want to see the article about the extremist university professors? How about the one last month from Huntsville?

Yay, more "extremist violent crazy university professor terrorists".

They just keep on killing.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:45 AM   #10
the-economist
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: Vodafone Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynhr View Post
Technically, a Christian is not someone who says "I'm a Christian," he is someone who attempts to follow (no one is perfect) the teachings of Christ. Anyone who is deliberately planning to kill a police officer and blow up his funeral doesn't qualify.
A christian is a person who adheres to christianity. If they are a now a murderer they are a christian murderer, if they are stealing they are a christian thief and if they rape a christian rapist.

Claiming that someone "doesn't qualify" to be a christian (and extending it to judge who's eligible for salvation according to the christian faith) is claiming to be more godly than your god. Which is a sin according to the christian faith since the christian writings and namely the bible crearly state that only the christian god holds that right.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:52 AM   #11
test54
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
I'm sorry to disagree. If someone follows Christ and believes in the teachings of Christ then I think that makes them a Christian. Again it may not be your brand of Christianity but it to me is Christianity. And of course no one is perfect, same as a murderer on death row can be forgiven in God's eyes and be a Christian, so can these guys. That is the Christian way as I was taught it.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:58 AM   #12
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
I'm sorry to disagree. If someone follows Christ and believes in the teachings of Christ then I think that makes them a Christian. Again it may not be your brand of Christianity but it to me is Christianity. And of course no one is perfect, same as a murderer on death row can be forgiven in God's eyes and be a Christian, so can these guys. That is the Christian way as I was taught it.
You're still missing the key element. Believing and following doesn't make it so. The decision and acceptance of Christ as your savior does.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:00 PM   #13
test54
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
You're still missing the key element. Believing and following doesn't make it so. The decision and acceptance of Christ as your savior does.
I know this, so your saying you know that these guys did not accept Jesus as their savior? I would almost guarantee they did.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:11 PM   #14
kathrynhr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-economist View Post
A christian is a person who adheres to christianity.
Yes, it is. And Christianity requires, among other things, that its members not commit murder.

There is a difference between judging someone's fitness to stand before God, and judging someone's behavior. And Christians ARE to judge the behavior of people, particularly those who claim to be Christ followers, so they can be corrected if they are in error. In Luke 17:3b, Jesus says, "Correct any followers of mine who sin, and forgive the ones who say they are sorry."

In addition, no, you can't rightfully claim to be a Christian if you are not attempting to follow Christ's ways. Planning to disobey him (planning to commit murder) is not the same as a crime of passion. Although anyone can be redeemed from anything, they must first acknowledge their error and repent in order for that to occur, and you simply cannot be repentant of a sin and planning it at the same time. Luke 6:46, "Why do you keep on saying that I am your Lord, when you refuse to do what I say?"

As a Christian, I simply cannot acknowledge these men as my brothers because their actions say they are - at least at present - living in opposition to God.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:37 PM   #15
the-economist
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Yes, it is. And Christianity requires, among other things, that its members not commit murder.
It does? I always thought christianity was pretty cool with murderers. It even encourages it. Let me get the good book for a sec.

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13)

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17)

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27)

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15)

All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9)

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19)

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21)

Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21)

If i was a murderer i think i would also be a christian. They seem to be pretty cool about it.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:43 PM   #16
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Could you please move into the New Testament, and complete your research?
You're leaving out a lot (conveniently for your own argument).
Old 03-30-2010, 12:44 PM   #17
test54
BlackBerry Master

But its not murder if it's justified right? If these men feel that their actions were to be justified then in their minds they were following Christ's vision for them. And even if they were crazy, they could simply find in their hearts now to realize they were wrong and ask for forgiveness and they would be back in the fold (in prison of course).
Certainly no one is perfect and by your definition then everyone that plans to sin is not a Christian or is it just the people planning to commit murder? Rape? Robbery? Adultery?

Christianity is just as big and diverse as Islam and any other religion. To say that because they don't adhere to your personal beliefs does nto simply make them not a Christian. - my belief.

Last edited by test54; 03-30-2010 at 12:47 PM..
Old 03-30-2010, 12:50 PM   #18
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54
they could simply find in their hearts now to realize they were wrong and ask for forgiveness
Forgiveness knows no bounds. Except with you and the-economist.

And again, your point is really to trash all of Christianity along the way, isn't it?
Old 03-30-2010, 12:58 PM   #19
the-economist
CrackBerry Addict

They are instructed to kill whole CITIES. That in earthly law constitutes murder, genocide, and ethnic cleansing combined. Seems in christian law is perfectly acceptable.

"Go up, my warriors, against the land of Merathaim and against the people of Pekod. Yes, march against Babylon, the land of rebels, a land that I will judge! Pursue, kill, and completely destroy them, as I have commanded you," says the LORD. "Let the battle cry be heard in the land, a shout of great destruction". (Jeremiah 50:21-22)

The men of Israel withdrew through the territory of the Benjaminites, putting to the sword the inhabitants of the city, the livestock, and all they chanced upon. Moreover they destroyed by fire all the cities they came upon. (Judges 20:48)

When the people heard the sound of the horns, they shouted as loud as they could. Suddenly, the walls of Jericho collapsed, and the Israelites charged straight into the city from every side and captured it. They completely destroyed everything in it xxx8211; men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep, donkeys xxx8211; everything. (Joshua 6:20-21)

I will make Mount Seir utterly desolate, killing off all who try to escape and any who return. I will fill your mountains with the dead. Your hills, your valleys, and your streams will be filled with people slaughtered by the sword. I will make you desolate forever. Your cities will never be rebuilt. Then you will know that I am the LORD. (Ezekiel 35:7-9)

Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood. (Jeremiah 48:10)

Seems not only you have to kill, you also have to be efficient in wiping whole cities with children and babies. Because if you do a half arsed job, or you hold your sword back (refuse to kill) you're cursed.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:00 PM   #20
test54
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Forgiveness knows no bounds. Except with you and the-economist.

And again, your point is really to trash all of Christianity along the way, isn't it?
No not at all, my point is to say that there are many forms of Christianity and that there are fanatics as there are with all religions. And non-religions as well.

I think you are so defensive like I'm labeling all Christians as fanatics. I'm not.
Just those that are willing to kill in the name of the religion.

And what am I not forgiving?