Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 01:58 AM   #21
lovescakemix
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9900
PIN: 2800d27f
Carrier: tmobile

Please Login to Remove!

Hmmm when looking at the big picture its not about the small options. It is about the control the user has over those options. In this case very little. I don't really know how to dumb down a post to make that clearer. So I guess ill stop there. Either way, it is what it is. Who knows. Maybe you will become a blackberry engineer with some actual leeway so you can have your cake and eat it too.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:37 AM   #22
bn3matt
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: orange uk

After all the dissagreements is the upshot that its better to upgrade or not?!
Old 03-18-2010, 05:17 AM   #23
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Yes - it is a very stable OS.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:46 AM   #24
stevew
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Z10
Carrier: Koodo Mobile

Agreed!

Previously owned:
At least 17+ different BB's since 1999 -- too many to list...
Old 03-18-2010, 12:14 PM   #25
Rosengoo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Rogers

Does this fix the SMS not coming up as name but number issue? Thanks.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:28 PM   #26
Raptor464
Kid Tested. Mom Approved.

PIN: eapple under the sea
Carrier: T-mobile USA

Also released by:

TDC Mobil: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...751FE636FC6EB0
Old 03-18-2010, 07:36 PM   #27
caggie01
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: 25DB352D
Carrier: AT&T

I upgraded today. I noticed the Auto Signature and out of office options are missing under messages, is anyone else having same issue?

AT&T
9800 Torch
Playbook 64G
Old 03-19-2010, 01:21 AM   #28
abhijeet11

Carrier: Vodafone IN
Default Media playack slow (pitch messed up)

Hi,

I've been using BB for years but never registered on the forums, kinda selfish but all your replies are so superb that as many issue that i may come accross - a solution was always round the corner....So thanks!

Now - I've upgraded my firmware to this latest version (to fix the caller ID issue) and its very stable...but now i've observed tha the media playback (audio and video) is 'slower' than normal...its difficult to explain but if you reduce the pitch / playback speed by say 5-10% from normal...so all songs and audio sound a bit dull and its especially noticible in rock sogs...now they seem like ballads!

Its not very slow (as in drawling) but definitly noticible if you are listening to your favourite songs....I did some troble shooting myself
- the songs on SD card as well as the phone memory have this problem
- even the preloaded video (maine) is affected...noticible when the the singer's mouth runs ahead of the words you are hearing
- tried 'wiping' and reloading the same firmware (without any apps) still the issue
- even remembered to do a battery pull after OS installation

its weekend from tomorrow and iwas planning on getting some gret tracks loaded on the 2GB that came along but i'll have to downgrade to an older firmware....should be BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.726 (Multilanguage and EastAsia, right??

Also any suggestions wouldbe really appreciated...thanks!!!

Abhijeet D
IT support
Carrier (Vodafone IN) PIN-21A557F6
Old 03-19-2010, 02:02 PM   #29
abhijeet11

I've downgraded to v5.0.0.726 but still the issue is present....i didnt have this issue when i got the bold with its stock firmware (.312)....but a few observations:-

- i formatted and recoipied the songs to the SD card
- those songs play slow on the PC as well
- if i send a song to the phone via bluetooth, it plays fine (but once...)second time this too gets affected
- the same SD card in another phone (samsung) also plays slow and the samsun's Sd card also get s afected when tried in bold....moreover when i re-insert the same card in samsung, its parmanently affected with this 'slow temp bug'
- the songs which i download from the bold to my PC before i format the card also play slow on the PC (winamp,vlc,WMP, tried all)....like some how the Bold has changed some mapping in all these songs

Can a phone write info in a song so it plays on PC or other fone the same speed ( the way it plays on bold)?

Can some one give me a link of the .312 firmware (tho i dont want to get the caller ID issue back

Also if i transfer all new songs collection, those songs are also affected....Can it be a sync issue?...

Thanks....i would like to know if anyone else has found this issue?
Old 03-19-2010, 02:07 PM   #30
abhijeet11

***Forgot one more thing - if i copy song to the phone memory, they too are slow tempo, so the MMC cannot be at fault....still i formatted the Sd card in other fone and send some songs to that device from other PC, the songs play fine...i'm really fuxxomed, do i need to chose between loosing the caller ID fix or tradeoff the dependable music player!!!
Old 03-19-2010, 07:59 PM   #31
SMF

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by caggie01 View Post
I upgraded today. I noticed the Auto Signature and out of office options are missing under messages, is anyone else having same issue?
Works fine for me. Make sure your enterprise activation has successfully completed.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:23 PM   #32
superstarzchef

Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I didn't/don't think the phone lock is a miniscule thing...for those that use it (and I can understand why) it's actually a very important thing. Why are you minimising someone elses needs and wants/desires?
Old 03-20-2010, 06:29 AM   #33
Donbp

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstarzchef View Post
I didn't/don't think the phone lock is a miniscule thing...for those that use it (and I can understand why) it's actually a very important thing. Why are you minimising someone elses needs and wants/desires?
Probably because it can be done with alt/ent instead of k. Just guessing.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:35 PM   #34
J-Tuning
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: KPN

I am heving trouble wit the stock OS on my bold 2. It stutters/jerky... i have noticed the ID caller issue also.

But this new OS eliminates the functionality of the lock or/and mute buttons on top of the phone. That to me is a big no no ... u have then buttons on ur phone that are not doing what they supposed to. Am keeping my jerky stock OS
Old 03-21-2010, 01:11 PM   #35
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Wirelessly posted (BB 11020)

What button on top of your phone do you have that doesn't do anything? "Lock" locks the keypad and "mute" mutes the phone and music/audio. It is actually as it should be now.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:14 AM   #36
J-Tuning
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: KPN

^ in this thread i have read that either one of these buttons will lose its function. to me that is a no no. No button should lose its function with any update or downgrade for that matter.

if you are running .545 and these buttons are working the way they supposed to, then there is contradicting info going around.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:45 AM   #37
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Wirelessly posted (BB 11020)

Now there are rules? The lock/standby features have changed and they are likely not changing back. RIM has written a KB on it. You xan stay with your old OS forever I guess or just get used to the new way.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:59 PM   #38
quillhill

Model: Torch
Carrier: at&t

I've just changed the way I've been doing things since this changed with the top buttons popped up in the .536 beta a couple weeks ago (I think it was a couple weeks ago...)
So, top left locks things, I've adjusted. I've set my left convenience key to CaptureIt which I use quite a bit.
I haven't yet downloaded and installed this OS -- had a busy weekend -- but plan to tonight. If it's stable and the only complaint are the top keys then I am looking forward to upgrading to 545.
I noticed that when Sprint rolled out its official 5.0 release for the Tour, Sprint subscribers noticed the same thing, so it looks like this is the new world order. It makes perfect sense to me since those keys actually do what they have promised to do for some time now. :D
Old 03-24-2010, 07:52 AM   #39
estabulla

So is there no way now that locking a device will display the owner information? I suppose whoever wants to display any meaningful owner info when device is locked will have no option?
Old 03-24-2010, 09:31 AM   #40
lovescakemix

Model: 9900
PIN: 2800d27f
Carrier: tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by estabulla View Post
So is there no way now that locking a device will display the owner information? I suppose whoever wants to display any meaningful owner info when device is locked will have no option?
only if you lock the phone with a password. then the owner screen shows. since you have no lock people can just look through your phone anyway for any info they need hahaha.
Closed Thread