Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 05:14 PM   #1
almach1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default reception issues

Please Login to Remove!

I did some searches, but i can't seem to decide if i should call Tmo or not.

i have a Tmo pearl and when reception is good, it's good.

problem is at work,

i get two bars constantly, can talk without static or dropped calls, so whats the problem?

If i hold my phone the singal goes away and it sits in searching forever. So as long as i don't touch my phone it can revieve calls and make calls. The second i pick it up and start typing a text messege it goes to searching midway, so i hit send, and then i see it's searching.

so basically if i write a text messege, my phone looses service for 2 minutes while it reconnects.

I get an incoming phone call and it works fine for even a really long call. as soon as i hang up, the phone goes to "searching" and i have to wait sometimes up to 5 minutes for it to go back. If I do a manual search of services, only Cingular shows up, but even i select Cingular it doesn't connect.

can my phone connect to cingular's network? Cingular people get good service where i work.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:28 PM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by almach1
can my phone connect to cingular's network? Cingular people get good service where i work.
Your T-Mobile phone can not connect to Cingular in areas where T-Mobile provides service. A weak signal doesn't allow you to connect to Cingular.

Contact T-Mobile - not that they can help...
Old 04-05-2007, 08:05 PM   #3
almach1
Thumbs Must Hurt

what sucks i think T-Mo might be punks about this. They might say something like, "we can't let you out of your contract because you can succesfully make and receive calls". Yeah, if i don't touch my phone.

will they let me out of it for a reason like this?
Old 04-06-2007, 01:01 AM   #4
esbe02
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by almach1
what sucks i think T-Mo might be punks about this. They might say something like, "we can't let you out of your contract because you can succesfully make and receive calls". Yeah, if i don't touch my phone.

will they let me out of it for a reason like this?

I have this exact same problem in my room. I also have service with TMO and for some reason, my room just gets really crappy service. Using your example, I have to keep the phone is one place in order for the phone to have service, once I move it, to call/txt/mess around with settings, I eventually lose service and the "searching" goes for like a minute or two. I think it just has to do with the combination of TMO not having the greatest service in my area and my room since its somewhat underground. As far as Cingular, they have exceptional coverage, and thats what their known for.

If you plan on leaving TMO due to this, I would simply explain your issue and explain how most of your usage in done in the office (where you dont get consistent service) and they might be able to work with you. It would all depend on the history you have with the company and how much longer you have on your contract. I would in Customer Service for Cingular so I'm familiar at what they look at.

Good Luck!
Old 04-06-2007, 11:18 AM   #5
HyperDream23
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by esbe02
I have this exact same problem in my room. I also have service with TMO and for some reason, my room just gets really crappy service. Using your example, I have to keep the phone is one place in order for the phone to have service, once I move it, to call/txt/mess around with settings, I eventually lose service and the "searching" goes for like a minute or two. I think it just has to do with the combination of TMO not having the greatest service in my area and my room since its somewhat underground. As far as Cingular, they have exceptional coverage, and thats what their known for.

If you plan on leaving TMO due to this, I would simply explain your issue and explain how most of your usage in done in the office (where you dont get consistent service) and they might be able to work with you. It would all depend on the history you have with the company and how much longer you have on your contract. I would in Customer Service for Cingular so I'm familiar at what they look at.

Good Luck!
I have found that the best way of communicating with TMO regarding contractual issues is not by calling the Customer Care call center. Fax a letter with your issues to the TMobile Customer Relations department (the fax number is 813-353-6545).

They are excellent about calling you within 48 hours to discuss your issues. I had problems with several Pearls, not to mention billing.. they offered to release me from my contract 20 months early, but they ended up giving me 2 free Pearls in exchange for my defective one and my MotoRAZR.

If it's a coverage issue, the Customer Relations department is permitted to do more than the Customer Care call center.

Just thought I'd share my input.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:49 AM   #6
almach1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thank you for the advice. hyperDream
Closed Thread