Old 08-04-2008, 06:28 PM   #1
JLSchutt
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Question Multiple Google Calendars

Please Login to Remove!

I started using Google Calendar on my PC when I learned that it could be synched with my BlackBerry Curve. It works fine, but now I want to synch two Google calendars. The Google Calendar help files say it can be done (although only the primary calendar can be updated from the BlackBerry). However, participants in the Google Calendar user forum have not been able to download multiple Google calendars to their BBs. When selecting which calendars to synch (while viewing the BB), only the primary calendar is listed. Anybody been able to do this, and if so, can you say how?

--Jim--
Old 08-04-2008, 07:11 PM   #2
irockash
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

How are you syncing? Using the Google Sync program?

If you go into the options, theres an option for which Calendars to sync, you can select which ones you want.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:25 PM   #3
JLSchutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by irockash View Post
How are you syncing? Using the Google Sync program?

If you go into the options, theres an option for which Calendars to sync, you can select which ones you want.
Yes, I'm using the Google Sync program. When I display Options (on the BB), I see the following:
Sync these Calendars:
Default Calendar
The default calendar is the only one listed, even though the Google Calendar displayed on my PC is a combination of three calendars. This situation has been described by others in the Google Calendar user forum.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:54 PM   #4
irockash
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSchutt View Post
Yes, I'm using the Google Sync program. When I display Options (on the BB), I see the following:
Sync these Calendars:
Default Calendar
The default calendar is the only one listed, even though the Google Calendar displayed on my PC is a combination of three calendars. This situation has been described by others in the Google Calendar user forum.
Weird.... I only have one calendar syncing, but I can select the other two if I want. My OS is being updated right now, but what happens when you hit the menu key on the "Default Calendar"? Does it show up with the other calendars?
Old 08-04-2008, 08:53 PM   #5
JLSchutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by irockash View Post
Weird.... I only have one calendar syncing, but I can select the other two if I want. My OS is being updated right now, but what happens when you hit the menu key on the "Default Calendar"? Does it show up with the other calendars?
If I hit the menu key on the "Default Calendar", I get a short menu list containing Save, Reset Sync, Change Option and Close. Reset Sync asks, "Do you want to remove all events from your handheld?" Change Option causes the following to be displayed:
My Calendars
Default Calendar
There's no cursor or anything to scroll on that page.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:26 PM   #6
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

You are trying to sync two calendars within the same Google account, right? You should be able to sync two calendars in the same account with no problem. But you can't sync calendars in two different accounts.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:37 AM   #7
JLSchutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdpmumin View Post
You are trying to sync two calendars within the same Google account, right? You should be able to sync two calendars in the same account with no problem. But you can't sync calendars in two different accounts.
OK, that's the problem. One calendar is mine, one is my wife's (different Google account), and one is a public calendar.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:42 AM   #8
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Have you subscribed to her calendar in your Google account, though? If so, you should be able to sync without any problems. Same with the public calendar. Make sure the calendars are set to sync event data.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:02 AM   #9
prodigee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Fido (City, Unlimited)

yeah, my girlfriend gives me full access to her calendar from my account so i can sync up everything through my bb just fine & vice-versa.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:29 PM   #10
JLSchutt

At present I have read-only access on my wife's calendar and she has read-only on mine. Of course I have read-only on the public calendar (which is US Holidays). But on my PC, Google Calendar displays events from all three calendars. What is the exact meaning of your statement, "Make sure the calendars are set to sync event data." ?
Old 08-09-2008, 11:51 AM   #11
JLSchutt

Default New Info

Now I'm really confused. Since I still haven't been able to sync my two secondary Google calendars, I decided to check on the Google Calendar help forum, and here is what is posted there:

Can I sync events from secondary calendars?

No, it's not possible to sync events on secondary calendars at this time. Google Calendar Sync will sync only events from your primary Google Calendar (first one in your list) and your default Microsoft Outlook calendar. If you've scheduled events on a secondary calendar in Google Calendar that you'd like to sync with your Microsoft Outlook Calendar, you can either move the event to your primary calendar or export your entire secondary calendar and import the events to your primary calendar.

So now I am wondering why some of you seem to be able to sync multiple calendars. I don't use Outlook, so references to it in the paragraph above don't apply.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:55 PM   #12
machiavell1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: O2-UK

It definitely allows more than one calendar.

I sync all my own and subscribed calendars (my wife's, for example) on Google Sync. After your first sync, you should be able to go back to the options screen and press menu again over the Default Calendar choice, and it will give the you the option to change this. It will then take you to another screen where it will have downloaded the list of all your calendars and you can tick the ones you want synced. You will also see on that screen the choice of which of those calendars you would like to add your berry appointments to in the reverse sync back to GCal (assuming you have write permissions to those calendars).

Adding to that my corporate BES, any corp appointments I get are synced from BES to berry and then from berry to GCal's default calendar.

Hope that helps.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:30 AM   #13
mxcnvida

Model: 8310
PIN: ...head!

I use BIS, and with the 4.5 upgrade I too noticed the ability to sync multiple calendars. Problem here is that the "SYNC WIRELESSLY" button is grayed out. Anyone out there with an explanation for that? Is this a problem associated with my carrier (AT&T)? Thanks in advance...

Oh, by the way...is there a way to import items from another calendar (without hand-jamming every entry) into the Google Calendar?

Proud to be a US Army Soldier...and a Redskins Fan...HOOAH!

Last edited by mxcnvida; 08-10-2008 at 11:32 AM.. Reason: Additional information requested
Old 08-10-2008, 10:57 AM   #14
kriswilliams03
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: stuck in the balloon
Carrier: AT & T

I use google calendar sync for bb to sync my primary calendar, my hubby's calendar and one of my step-son's calendar in addition to US holidays. If I recall correctly, it has to go through one "sync cycle" before it presents you with the option to sync additional calendars; but it will sync everything that I have in my online google calendar.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:44 AM   #15
gorotdi

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint

This appears to be a problem with Google Sync 0.4.4, which was recently releaesed. There are several discussions in the google groups about an inability to sync multiple calendars after the upgrade.

With 0.4.2, I had four calendars that all sync'd wonderfully. I deleted a calendar today and replaced it with a new one and noticed that the old remained in my "Calendar List" in Google Sync (and the new one wouldn't show up) on my Blackberry, and no amount of syncing would remove it. The attempts to sync a non-existent calendar was causing the syncs to fail, so I signed out and back in to try to force the calendar list to update.

Now, after signing back in, I'm left with only my Default Calendar. Looks like google s**t the bed on 0.4.4...

Does anyone have a link to get back to 0.4.2?
Old 08-15-2008, 10:54 AM   #16
basalganglia

It appears that upgrading your OS to 4.5 prohibits you from syncing multiple calendars with google sync. I think I'm going to try to sync via outlook, trying google calendar's new ical sync support. If this doesn't work, then maybe calgoo
Old 08-15-2008, 11:07 AM   #17
machiavell1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: O2-UK

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by basalganglia
It appears that upgrading your OS to 4.5 prohibits you from syncing multiple calendars with google sync. I think I'm going to try to sync via outlook, trying google calendar's new ical sync support. If this doesn't work, then maybe calgoo
nope. I'm on 4.5.0.69 and my multiple google calendars sync just fine. They did on the last 2 iterations of 4.5 that I was on also.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:11 AM   #18
basalganglia

sorry, on a closer look it might be an issue with verizon/8130/8330 with OS 4.5.0.56
Old 08-15-2008, 02:35 PM   #19
gorotdi

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint

Everything I've seen indicates that it's a problem with the new version (0.4.4) of Google Sync, as opposed to a Blackberry/provider problem. I'm desperate to find a link to 0.4.2
Old 08-15-2008, 02:44 PM   #20
basalganglia

there is a google group discussion devoted to this: Google Sync only syncing "Default Calendar"

sorry, i can't post the link because I haven't placed 10 posts yet
Closed Thread