Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 03:34 PM   #21
Ulukia
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
PIN: WYSIWYG
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

I'm having the same issue. Its not related to BeeJiveIM as I don't have it installed, IM+ for me.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:43 PM   #22
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8830)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulukia
I'm having the same issue. Its not related to BeeJiveIM as I don't have it installed, IM+ for me.
What other app(s) that were in your toolbar might you have updated lately? Just a thought...
Old 07-21-2008, 10:30 PM   #23
Ulukia

Model: 8900
PIN: WYSIWYG

IM+, xPlayer, Mobile Desktop are the current ones. I had Radio Companion, Google Maps, and Mobile File Manger installed but removed them. Each time the address book and browser was duplicated in the Shortcut Bar, my assumption was in order to replace the missing application icon the program created the duplicates.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:36 PM   #24
Helmdawg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: ned down...
Question Problem with Toolbar

Hi All:

I just noticed today an issue with respect to the toolbar. I had everything customized within the toolbar, when i reset my device, it duplicated the icons I previously deleted (address book, tasks, memo pad etc..). I don't need a shortcut for these since i already use keypad shortcuts.

Has anyone else noticed this?? BTW- My OS is 4.5.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:49 PM   #25
eZainny

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Optus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmdawg View Post
Hi All:

I just noticed today an issue with respect to the toolbar. I had everything customized within the toolbar, when i reset my device, it duplicated the icons I previously deleted (address book, tasks, memo pad etc..). I don't need a shortcut for these since i already use keypad shortcuts.

Has anyone else noticed this?? BTW- My OS is 4.5.
Hi Helmdawg,

This is a known issue with v1.4.1.

Through the last week I've been doing private beta testing of BBSmart Shortcuts v1.5 with a few testers. I want to make this a very stable and feature rich release that incorporates all the feedback that we've received for this product, so it is taking a little bit longer than I had initially anticipated.

I'll be coming on here and letting everyone know when v1.5 is out!

Cheers,
Neil.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:44 PM   #26
PabloTX

Model: 8330

Any possibility of adding PIN/BB Messenger shortcuts as an option under "Messaging" rather than just SMS?
Old 08-05-2008, 10:05 PM   #27
Helmdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by eZainny View Post
Hi Helmdawg,

This is a known issue with v1.4.1.

Through the last week I've been doing private beta testing of BBSmart Shortcuts v1.5 with a few testers. I want to make this a very stable and feature rich release that incorporates all the feedback that we've received for this product, so it is taking a little bit longer than I had initially anticipated.

I'll be coming on here and letting everyone know when v1.5 is out!

Cheers,
Neil.
Thanks Neil, I appreciate the reply and look forward to the v1.5!!
Old 08-06-2008, 08:07 AM   #28
myet01
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703E
Carrier: Sprint

Whenever my BB resets (mainly by another application after an install) all my toolbar shortcuts get deleted and it resets back to the default ones. I have previously reported this and hopefully it will be fixed as well.

Also, eZainny are you working on the ability to move sections and the items within them for this next release? Correct entries without re-adding them and deleting the old ones?

Tony
Old 08-08-2008, 08:04 PM   #29
myet01
Thumbs Must Hurt

This is really getting frustrating and I think I may remove this program even though I paid for it and use it all the time. If I install or update an application that requests to reboot my blackberry after it installs, after the reboot all the icons I put in the "toolbar" are gone and it has reset back to the default ones that get put there when it is first installed. I am getting tired of re-adding them and deleting the default ones every time, it is not worth the frustration!

Tony

Tony
Old 08-08-2008, 08:10 PM   #30
mdlissner

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T

I would like an application similar to this that took the convienence key and let you set up a number (lets say 5-7) to cycle through. So you could just press the side key continuously to cycle between (as an example the apps would be configurable):

- Browser
- Media
- Options
- SMS/MMS

This would be a valuable application to me.

Mark

Cingular BB8800
Old 08-08-2008, 09:14 PM   #31
Helmdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by myet01 View Post
This is really getting frustrating and I think I may remove this program even though I paid for it and use it all the time. If I install or update an application that requests to reboot my blackberry after it installs, after the reboot all the icons I put in the "toolbar" are gone and it has reset back to the default ones that get put there when it is first installed. I am getting tired of re-adding them and deleting the default ones every time, it is not worth the frustration!

Tony

Tony
Tony, Neil said they are working on it, see his reply to my post. I would wait to see what version 1.5 will be like.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:57 AM   #32
myet01
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hello eZainny,

Any idea on when the new version will be coming out?

Also, I have never gotten this in the past but all of a sudden now if click "about" then "check for udpates" the answer comes back, "You have the latest version. PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:/........... on and on and on". I have been using version 1.4.1 for a while and this just started happening a couple of days ago.

Tony
Old 08-13-2008, 02:26 PM   #33
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Myet01, I've been getting that, too. For several days now. No big deal, but you're right to mention it, just in case Neil doesn't know about it.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:06 PM   #34
myet01
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well I don't know if eZainny is even working on this anymore since we have not heard from him in while (08/05). I hope everything is OK with him because he has always been great about fixing application related issues and responding to the forums. that aside, I did find a temporary solution to my toolbar icons reverting back to the default state when the BB is rebooted.

1 - If you shut down Shortcuts before rebooting the BB, everything is persistent, remains the same and works as it did before.
2 - If you leave Shortcuts running when the BB is rebooted then the toolbar resets back to the default state.

Tony
Old 08-22-2008, 12:29 PM   #35
myet01
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well forget my last theory, I just downloaded the latest AlertMatrix and when it asked to reboot the BB, I closed Shortcuts, then let it reboot and when it came back up, everything had reset back to the defaults again. Very Very Frustrating!!

Tony
Old 08-22-2008, 12:40 PM   #36
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930

eZainny IS still working issues -- he is once again a "one man show". If you look through various forums, you will see that he is also chasing down BBSmart Alarms Pro issues for OS v4.3 and 4.5 users -- he has recently posted a 1.2 beta link, and he is still looking at things there.

That being said, I think that the issue is related to application name changes due to an upgrade -- I experienced the same when I upgraded to BeejiveIM (formerly JiveTalk) 1.0.7 and 1.1.0, but it is not typically the case.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:56 PM   #37
sheldonbk

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

I can't believe that I saw the initial announcement on this program and didn't realize what it was. The other day, I received an email and bought LaunchPads - same concept but only 10 aps, you have to specify the program module by name and many aps aren't recognized. I just love and rely on Neil's Alarms program and should have jumped all over this program. Testing this program now and am definitely going to buy it and throw out my LaunchPads money!! Now, a competitive upgrade program would be really nice. LOL

Seriously, two aps that aren't supported in this program that were supported in LaunchPads are - memory cleaner & voice notes recorder. I changed apln permissions as per the manual but they don't show in the list of possible aplns.

One suggestion... if not bigger icons on the toolbar, how about a second row of icons that could be navigated with the up/down scrolling to get to programs faster than right/left scrolling (when you have a lot of aplns on the toolbar).

Lastly, guys... don't lose faith in Neil... he's proven it over and over with other aps.. the bugs will be fixed. If he's not here every day, you can bet he's fixing the bugs. Once he knows about them, I'd much rather he fix them than hang out here.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:17 AM   #38
eZainny

Model: 8300
Carrier: Optus

Hi All,

Just wanted to give you an update of where things are at. Since pretty much the beginning of this month I've been working with a couple of beta testers (some BBF members) on v1.5 of BBSmart Shortcuts. I put out the first beta of Shortcuts v1.5 on 1st August.

Releasing v1.5 of Shortcuts had been at the top of my todo list but then I got sidetracked working on a critical fix for Alarms Pro users who had early OS 4.5 releases or OS 4.3.0.127. Getting a fix out for this took precedence over releasing the upgrade for Shortcuts.

I'm now in the final stages of public beta testing of BBSmart Alarms Pro, and just this evening put out a public beta of v1.2.1 of Alarms Pro. If this beta goes well (I'm hoping it will!) then I'll be returning back to Shortcuts and aiming to get out v1.5 very soon.

Thanks!
Neil.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:06 PM   #39
Helmdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by eZainny View Post
Hi All,

Just wanted to give you an update of where things are at. Since pretty much the beginning of this month I've been working with a couple of beta testers (some BBF members) on v1.5 of BBSmart Shortcuts. I put out the first beta of Shortcuts v1.5 on 1st August.

Releasing v1.5 of Shortcuts had been at the top of my todo list but then I got sidetracked working on a critical fix for Alarms Pro users who had early OS 4.5 releases or OS 4.3.0.127. Getting a fix out for this took precedence over releasing the upgrade for Shortcuts.

I'm now in the final stages of public beta testing of BBSmart Alarms Pro, and just this evening put out a public beta of v1.2.1 of Alarms Pro. If this beta goes well (I'm hoping it will!) then I'll be returning back to Shortcuts and aiming to get out v1.5 very soon.

Thanks!
Neil.
As always, thanks for the hard work and update. Look forward to the changes!!!
Old 09-09-2008, 09:42 PM   #40
CrashDavis

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Default Missing Apps

Since everyone else was placing their request I thought I would too. KeePassBB (keepass.info) doesn't make it to the Toolbar choice list.

I really like Shortcuts and am looking forward to 1.5
Closed Thread