BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 05:42 PM   #1
dialekt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Good Or Bad: Headset - Rings in Your Ear or On Handset Speaker?

Please Login to Remove!

Ok so I was comparing the newly bought 2 curves that I got. Mine is on O2 OS and my girlfriend's is on AT&T. I was making calls with both handsets and noticed something odd. When calls came in on my curve it rang in my ear :( . On hers it rang on the normal speaker outside. Both headsets work fine...but I'm wondering if this is handset or Software/OS related? It's a minor gripe but considering the price I paid it's a tad bit frustrating.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:12 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

I'd say software related.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:01 PM   #3
macallik
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: askMe

does your speakerphone work?
Old 06-08-2007, 08:15 PM   #4
dialekt
Thumbs Must Hurt

yup.. everything works fine. On both curves. I gotta see if anyone else has this issue. Probably would be good to see what happens with the O2 users in here
Old 06-09-2007, 01:16 AM   #5
Ybot

Model: 8300
Carrier: Rogers
Unhappy Rogers Wireless BlackBerry Curve

Hey guys,

I just got a Rogers Wireless Curve up here in Canada and was SO disappointed to discover on the VERY loud bus I take home from work that the 8300 will pause my music and then play my ringer out of the speakerphone. Why was I disappointed you ask? Because I use my Bose noise-cancelling headphones and since I was kind of zoned out on the bus, I didn't even notice the song had paused and of course, thanks to the Bose headphones, couldn't hear it ring.

I really wish this was a software option where I could choose how I wanted the Blackberry to alert me to a call when using headphones! I also was VERY upset to find out if I receive a call and the 8300 pauses the music, after I remove the headphones to talk and then hang up the call, the song immediately resumes BLASTING out of the speakerphone--rather than waiting for me to plug my headphones back in. Anyone got any suggestions to fix any of this? Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks!
Ybot
Old 07-06-2007, 07:07 AM   #6
dialekt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well I just picked up a curve recently again..so i wanted to review this posting. Apparently this issue is a shortcoming of the O2 Software on the Curve. Before I purchased this curve I asked the store rep to let me test out the headphones. I popped my sim in and had my friend call me. It ringed on the handset speaker as it was supposed to. I just flashed to the O2 OS and tested and the device rings through the stereo headset :(. Kinda dissapointing since O2 seems to be the only option for us T-Mobile users. Any thoughts?
Old 07-06-2007, 09:28 AM   #7
Ybot

Model: 8300
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dialekt View Post
Well I just picked up a curve recently again..so i wanted to review this posting. Apparently this issue is a shortcoming of the O2 Software on the Curve. Before I purchased this curve I asked the store rep to let me test out the headphones. I popped my sim in and had my friend call me. It ringed on the handset speaker as it was supposed to. I just flashed to the O2 OS and tested and the device rings through the stereo headset :(. Kinda dissapointing since O2 seems to be the only option for us T-Mobile users. Any thoughts?
Thanks for letting me know this! I am going to flash my device to the O2 OS as soon as possible as this would alleviate my number 1 complaint I have with this device.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:54 AM   #8
BryanJTX
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
Default Ringer is Confused

I have Cingular Blue with an unlocked ATT phone. When using a bluetooth headset, the ringer would ring on the phone and not the headset. I "downgraded" to OS and discovered that the phone rang only on the headset and not on the phone itself. I find in annoying as in the office I'm not always wearing the headset and miss many calls. I have taken the battery out several times and strangely after reboot, it rings on the phone and then sometime later, for no apparent reason, it rings back to the headset.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:51 AM   #9
PhillyGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMO

I have a Pearl and find that the BT headset rings on the headset and the phone, but a hardwired headset (i.e., headphones while listening to music) only rings on the phone.
Closed Thread