Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 09:13 AM   #1
nbohiroshinbo

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Sprint 8830 problems

Please Login to Remove!

I recently purchased a Sprint 8830. I have realized a few problems so far and is wondering whether I should return my 8830 and get a new one. Long story short . Here is the deal

Since me and my wife are both using sprint so that I can compaer the service. I have my 8830 and my wife a regular Sanyo phone side by side looking at the signal bar. My wife sanyo signal bar didn't move at all, her phone is getting a very strong signal. On the other hand the 8830, drops the signal from 5 bar to none for a few seconds and climb back up to 5 bar. Within a 5 minutes time frame this happen for 3 times. I am not sure whether this is just my phone or the 8830 do acts like this. Now if you take out the battery to do a reset. The signal dipping does not happen, but if you have use your phone for a while, or you just got off the 8830 browser or the sprint gps, this will likely to happenagain .

Besdies the signal dipping. If you click on option and mobile network, what is your network mode set to. 1XEV or Global? By default, mine is on global. I find out that if I switch to 1XEV, I have a more stable connections. What do you guys think?

How kinda speed can u obtain when you are using the phone as a modem? Mine is so slow that I cannot even run the sprint speed test.

One more thing I would like to ask all of you is. How often do you guys reset you blackberry 8830. It seems like whenever I am having a problem, a simple reset will do the trick for a while. Do you guys reset your phone daily or multiply times during a day?

Due to all of this problem I am having, what is a better idea, switch out another 8830 or should I called the blackberry rep for help ?

Thx all in advance
Closed Thread