Old 02-02-2009, 11:31 PM   #1
txateer
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW
Default Multiple ringtone names

Please Login to Remove!

I have noticed that if I go to set a custom ring tone under the contacts menu i.e. pick a contact>edit>custom ring tones>phone that when the list of ring tones comes up I have multiple occurrences of the same ring tone in that list. This seems to only be affecting the ring tones I have added to the phone and not the pre-loaded ones.
I keep my tones on the media card in the ring tone file and even some of the files I have deleted are still listed.
This is becoming annoying because some of the re-listed names don't ring and they are not in any kind of order so I have to test each one as I set it to make sure my default tone doesn't play instead.
Any ideas on how to remove these?
Old 02-02-2009, 11:48 PM   #2
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL

Have you done a battery pull since deleting the files?
Old 02-03-2009, 08:37 PM   #3
txateer

yes, several times. In fact I had the Bolt browser, the first beta version hang on me today before I got the updated download, did a battery putt to 're-boot' and they are still there. Also it not just the deleted files, it is every ring tone I have put on the phone, deleted or still active.

Last edited by txateer; 02-03-2009 at 08:38 PM..
Old 02-03-2009, 11:45 PM   #4
Nucker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: Its a personal identification #
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by txateer View Post
yes, several times. In fact I had the Bolt browser, the first beta version hang on me today before I got the updated download, did a battery putt to 're-boot' and they are still there. Also it not just the deleted files, it is every ring tone I have put on the phone, deleted or still active.

My only suggestion would be to copy all your files to your desktop and format the card. then copy them back. Yeah it sucks but its worth a try.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #5
txateer

Default Still no go

OK,
At lunch today I backed up my memory card, formatted it, and did a battery pull. I did not have time to reload everything before going back to work but at that time the multiples were gone. When I got home I reloaded my ring tones and the multiples were back.
So I moved all of the ring tones off of the media card to the device memory folder and pulled the battery. That did work.
But after moving them back to the memory card, multiples again.
I'm thinking that there must be 3 different places or references to those tones when they are on the media card.
Anyone have any ideas on how to put them there with out this happening?

Thanks.

Last edited by txateer; 02-06-2009 at 09:15 PM..
Old 02-09-2009, 12:10 PM   #6
Nucker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: Its a personal identification #
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by txateer View Post
OK,
At lunch today I backed up my memory card, formatted it, and did a battery pull. I did not have time to reload everything before going back to work but at that time the multiples were gone. When I got home I reloaded my ring tones and the multiples were back.
So I moved all of the ring tones off of the media card to the device memory folder and pulled the battery. That did work.
But after moving them back to the memory card, multiples again.
I'm thinking that there must be 3 different places or references to those tones when they are on the media card.
Anyone have any ideas on how to put them there with out this happening?

Thanks.

When they go on the card what folder are they in? I am on att and when i formated all my cards in my att phones it always gave me a Blackberry folder. In that folder there was, documents, music, pictures, ringtones, videos, voicenotes folders. I would split my items up that way. When i got my storm and unlocked it i formatted the card cause i figure with 4.7 it might have an issue. THe storm did not make any of these folders for me. I dont know if it was a fluke or a verizon thing. Try making those folders and putting your item in them. Worked for me cause my storm didnt see anything until i used them.

Good luck.

Last edited by Nucker; 02-09-2009 at 12:11 PM..
Old 02-09-2009, 09:20 PM   #7
txateer

hmmm...
Ok so I moved all my tones onto the media card root via drag and drop (blackberry 2 folder) and they were gone from the set custom tone menu but only showed up in my music media search and not as ring tones. I then moved them to the blackberry folder in BB2 and the same thing.
Now when I moved them back to the ring tone folder there are only 2 multiple instances instead of 3.
curiouser and curiouser...