Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 03:19 PM   #1
taftwatson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Default Clone my blackberry's

Please Login to Remove!

This may not be the appropriate forum for these questions I have but I need to ask some of the experts about cloning a blackberry storm from Verizon.
My wife and I just purchased 2 new blackberry storms about 3 months ago. The first week we had to replace both phone due to a problem with syncing. I replaced each phone a total of 3 times each (yes 3 cell phones for each of us within 3 months).
We're on a 700 minute plan plus blackberry service. The first month our bill was relatively low since it was a parcial month. The second bill was small, about 500 minutes. I received a text message for our 3rd bill and it stated $1,000 for the month. After waking up from fainting, I looked online at my bill and noticed that about 90% of the calls were not ours. There were days that I know for a fact I didn't make calls, and it shows 50 or 60 calls that particular day. I went over the bill line by line, which wasn't that easy since there are about 20 pages of call, and noticed that the majority of the calls are not mine and I don't recognize any of the numbers. Almost all of the calls I make from my cell phone are from my address book. When I search my address book I don't find any of these phone numbers.
One of the crazy things I noticed is a phone call will initiate from one city here near my home, and 3 or 4 minutes later, another call will initiate from another city thats 10 miles away, both of which I didn't do. My usage is always less than 600 minutes. Our history shows 523 minutes and less than 300 minutes the last couple of months. This bill shows about 2600 minutes used. I've tried to contact fraud protection, but they're closed for the thanksgiving holiday.
So my questions is, can someone have cloned my our phones? Can someone have our OLD cell phones that we turned in and be using them?

Old 11-27-2009, 03:42 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Have you call your carrier and talked to them?

You need to do that ASAP so you won't be liable for any more calls. My guess is if you can prove you didn't make the calls, and it appears that you can, then Verizon should be able to delete the charges. They should also go after whomever is doing it.

Not likely that they can clone the device, but most likely they got one of the devices you returned which wasn't wiped and somehow wasn't deleted from your account as well.

In any event, this is somethign you need to discuss with Verizon.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 11-27-2009, 04:34 PM   #3
taftwatson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

Yes. We've contacted Verizon and need to contract Fraud protection monday since they're closed for the thanksgiving weekend.

Old 11-27-2009, 07:54 PM   #4
jbairdjr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9550

I would call them back.
They should be able to see on their end what is happening.
Closed Thread