Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 03:51 PM   #1
bikedogrun
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Tour
Carrier: Sprint
Default Pearl & Curve - 1 SIM card?

Please Login to Remove!

Between traveling and all my calls/emails/internet use/MP3 player usage etc it is becoming nearly impossible to get through 1 day on a single charge.

Right now (long story) I have a Pearl (soon to be a Curve) on TMO & an 8130 Pearl on Sprint. TMO has my BES and Sprint has BIS only + free Telenav + free text messages.

Other than carrying two devices, this works quite well as I can take calls on both (using conditional forwarding) and listen to music on both. That way I've always got a charged device. The (major) downside of course is paying for two calling plans + two Blackberry plans.

I'm considering going to either a Curve & a Pearl (I love both) on T-Mobile only and just keeping both BBs charged & swapping the SIM card as needed. I can certainly listen to MP3s on the BB without the SIM too. What I don't know is what happens if you do this? I know I'll lose my BES email as only one BB can be attached under my name to our corporate Exchange server... but will I still have full BIS support + internet/browsing on the 2nd BB after a SIM swap???

Other (el cheapo) option is just carry 1 Blackberry and a spare battery with that RIM charging stand that can charge your phone with the travel charger and the 2nd battery (using your BB USB cable) both at the same time!

Your thoughts/experience appreciated ...

/BD
Old 03-21-2008, 03:53 PM   #2
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

you could just buy a better battery. do a search you can find pearl 8100 batteries that offer 150%+ more battery life, same thign with the curve. i travel every week, all the time, flying, etc. i use media and about 15k emails a month, and all i need is the extended life battery for the device i am using.

Last edited by Sith_Apprentice; 03-21-2008 at 03:55 PM..
Old 03-21-2008, 03:56 PM   #3
bikedogrun
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
you could just buy a better battery. do a search you can find pearl 8100 batteries that offer 150%+ more battery life, same thign with the curve. i travel every week, all the time, flying, etc. i use media and about 15k emails a month, and all i need is the extended life battery for the device i am using.
The SeidioOnline Extended battery? I've heard mixed reviews... or something else???

/BD
Old 03-21-2008, 03:56 PM   #4
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted (8310; The Juggernaut)

Seems to me the "el cheapo" options also makes the most sense. Get a charger and use one device. Top off the charge any time you get a chance, and get an extended battery from Seido.

Last edited by JSanders; 03-21-2008 at 03:57 PM..
Old 03-21-2008, 03:58 PM   #5
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

im going to delete the duplicate thread
Old 03-21-2008, 03:59 PM   #6
bikedogrun
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
im going to delete the duplicate thread
Fair enough... wasn't trying to be a "pig" on usage, just wasn't sure which forum was more "traveled".

Thanks... /BD
Old 03-21-2008, 04:00 PM   #7
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

not a problem at all.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:18 PM   #8
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikedogrun View Post
What I don't know is what happens if you do this? I know I'll lose my BES email as only one BB can be attached under my name to our corporate Exchange server... but will I still have full BIS support + internet/browsing on the 2nd BB after a SIM swap???
You have to change the PIN and IMEI in BIS every time you swap.

I'd just getting an extended battery and/or charging at every possible opportunity. Surely you spend some time near an electrical outlet and some time in a car?
Closed Thread