Old 05-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
dupmart

Model: 9780B
PIN: N/A
Carrier: mtn nigeria
Default bold 9780 constant reboot

Please Login to Remove!

Dear people,

For more than 24hrs now, my bold 9780 has been constantly rebooting. The booting bar just stops half way and reboots. I have tried to boot in safe mode, but it won't work. I have a brand new battery and yet it won't complete booting. I have done hard reset several times, but no result. Please help ME
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 05-12-2013, 07:40 PM   #2
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream
Default Re: bold 9780 constant reboot

Wipe and reload. Hopefully you had a backup on your PC.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:33 AM   #3
tinoni

Model: 9981
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone

I have a serious issue to resolve. My BB 9981 died!

My OS was not updated for long time, and one day the phone died. I looked into some forums and I thought that maybe the issue was from the OS and I have used CFP command to delete previous one and install new OS.
Now I have a blinking red light and a black screen and when I try to use Desktop manager or any other software (at least those mentioned in common forums) cant access the device or the connection fails due to loop reboot from phone.
Only CFP is able to establish and maintain connection but I have this weird feeling that Im not deleting everything or the OS I have installed is not the proper one.

Now I have lost faith, because I have no more forums to search for or even I have no more ideas to explore.
The worst part is, I have no idea where to find other OS to use with CFP, or new command lines to really take full control of the device.

For reference, I have used bb desktop manager, fast installer, hybrid tools, jl_cmder, BBmaster controller, BBSAK, /noJVM.
Even with /nojvm, it fails when waiting for initialization/jvm connection ... and I have tried in bbLoader or desktop manager.

Another examples:
- when using the BBmaster if I try to delete both letters, I have one ABORT FAIL error in the final description.
- when using BBSAK i have no connectivity at all. device is not recognized.

I really dont like to ask for help for silly things but I apologize, because the only "smart" idea that is present is to give up and put this phone into the garbage bag...

There is anyone who might have suggestions?
Old 05-13-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinoni View Post
I have a serious issue to resolve. My BB 9981 died!

My OS was not updated for long time, and one day the phone died. I looked into some forums and I thought that maybe the issue was from the OS and I have used CFP command to delete previous one and install new OS.
Now I have a blinking red light and a black screen and when I try to use Desktop manager or any other software (at least those mentioned in common forums) cant access the device or the connection fails due to loop reboot from phone.
Only CFP is able to establish and maintain connection but I have this weird feeling that Im not deleting everything or the OS I have installed is not the proper one.

Now I have lost faith, because I have no more forums to search for or even I have no more ideas to explore.
The worst part is, I have no idea where to find other OS to use with CFP, or new command lines to really take full control of the device.

For reference, I have used bb desktop manager, fast installer, hybrid tools, jl_cmder, BBmaster controller, BBSAK, /noJVM.
Even with /nojvm, it fails when waiting for initialization/jvm connection ... and I have tried in bbLoader or desktop manager.

Another examples:
- when using the BBmaster if I try to delete both letters, I have one ABORT FAIL error in the final description.
- when using BBSAK i have no connectivity at all. device is not recognized.

I really dont like to ask for help for silly things but I apologize, because the only "smart" idea that is present is to give up and put this phone into the garbage bag...

There is anyone who might have suggestions?
Do not hijack others' threads with unrelated questions.