Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
andyid

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Default Verizon Storm on a Bell Mobility network

Please Login to Remove!

I bought a unlocked Verizon BB Storm and i have it connected on a Bell mobility network.

Calls and texts work great on the phone. but since im close to the verizon network, it still says that im connected to a Verizon network, not the Bell network.
Now, when i had the phone activated on the Bell network, it was not close to any verizon tower so it was saying Romaing, witch im guessing it was on the Bell network.

I just recently installed the Bell os on the BB thinking it would help with this situation. still same isseu. Would this say im still connected to a Verizon Tower even though im connected with Bell?

When i make a un known call, it gives me a Verizon voice msg.

Im trying also to connect or activate the Internet but i cant, i try to activte it Under the Hostaing table and still does not do anything.

I tried activating it under the BB BIS service but it says im not connected or its not regietered with my service provider.

I do have a Internet service for black berrys on my account.

What can i do or what do i do to solve this?

Please inform me asap as i dont know if im getting charged for romming and also for internet that i cant use.

Thanks in advance
Andrew
Old 06-26-2010, 02:01 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Search isn't working today?

Maybe this will help. Buying a BlackBerry off eBay - BlackBerryFAQ (or anywhere else for that matter)

You need to call the person who sold you the device and have him/her delete their BIS account. That will release the PIN so you can set up your account.

The other problem that you have is that you probably don't have the proper service books. I don't know if Bell supports the 9500 series or not. Once you get BIS access and add the IMEI and PIN, send the service books. That might help. Otherwise, see the yellow sticky at the top of the 9500 section. There is a note there on activating a 9530 on ATT and TMO. That should help.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!

Last edited by Dubdub; 06-26-2010 at 02:03 PM..
Old 06-27-2010, 06:09 AM   #3
andyid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Search isn't working today?

Maybe this will help. Buying a BlackBerry off eBay - BlackBerryFAQ (or anywhere else for that matter)

You need to call the person who sold you the device and have him/her delete their BIS account. That will release the PIN so you can set up your account.

The other problem that you have is that you probably don't have the proper service books. I don't know if Bell supports the 9500 series or not. Once you get BIS access and add the IMEI and PIN, send the service books. That might help. Otherwise, see the yellow sticky at the top of the 9500 section. There is a note there on activating a 9530 on ATT and TMO. That should help.
Im new to this site, sorry i did not use the search. I had found a very similar subject, but it was closed. :S

I will contact the person the sold me the BB as he is my Supervisor.
He had/has a BES account but now with the Storm 2, would that make a difference?

Bell does has both the 9530 AND the 9550. Same as verizon.

Thanks again for the info!
Andrew
Old 06-27-2010, 07:45 AM   #4
andyid

i checked on the Verizon BB BIS, and it gave me this MSG. Your devce has not yet been registered wit hthe network. - So the previous owner did not have a BIS account, i believe he had a BES account with our work server.

I tried on the Bell BB BIS, and it gives me, Cannot create account. The BB device is not registered with your wireless provider. Please Register this device and verify that he URL of the web site matches with one provided by your wireless service provider.

So this means that When i connected my Storm with Bell, he prolly did not enter the info for the BB service correctly?

Then i will contact bell directly and make sure that the phone is registered in the system for BB service as i am paying for internet use in this BB. LOL

Thanks again for all these links, it got me to this point.
Andrew
Old 06-27-2010, 02:06 PM   #5
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

If it was on BES, you might want to make sure that you remove the IT policy first. Read the FAQ for the how to.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 06-28-2010, 10:05 AM   #6
andyid

i checked that already, and there was none.

yesterday i wiped my storm according to how its supposed to be done in this formum wit hthe wipe software, then tried to upload the OS and nothing... cant get it to load. its just giving me the white page with error 507.

i will have to figure it out after work today.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:05 AM   #7
andyid

i did a compleat wipe of the phone with that software everyone uses to wipe their phones or reset tofactory default.

i did it twice and its still shows the verizon connection even though i installed the Bell Mobility OS on it.

where is the phone getting the Verizon OS when i install the Bell OS.

my phone still says its on verizon as home when im registered with Bell MObility.

When i dial a wrong number, on purpos, it gives me a verizon msg, not a bell mobility msg.

Did i do anysteps wrong in wiping the phone using the JL soft ware and reinstalling using apploader?

i just want the Bell OS on the phone, or the phone to reconise Bell as its service provider, not verizon
Old 06-30-2010, 10:30 AM   #8
andyid

ok for some reason, i got a notice tha someone replyed to my msg saying somehting about the verizon splash screen but i cant see it in here. anyway, I dont really care for the splash screen, i knew it would stay there, BUT why do i still have apps like VZ navigator and other Verizon programs and it still shows when im connected, to Verizon as home, not bell?

I did a Compleat wipe of the phone, and only DL the Bell Mobility OS and Bell DM program to my computer. also, after the wipe, ( i did not back up my phone ethier) andi reloaded it with the Bell OS, and it still had my info for the Bell connection, like all my settings for the CDMA connection was still in there. does that indo stay there even after a wipe?
Old 07-12-2010, 08:46 AM   #9
andyid

ok, well. my unlocked Verizon BB storm is "roaming" on the Bell network.
its works fine for texting and calling with my Bell service provider, But it still thinks it has Verizon has a Home Network. and i receved my Bill from Bell for about $263!!! they are charging me for 75 cents per text!
i am about to chuck this phone against the wall!!
IS THERE any way to make the phone pick up Bell ONLY towers? or is this phone HARD written to take ONLY verizon towers?
Please Help me out here? i dont know what to do!
I JL-CMD wiped the phone and did that 3 times, intalled the Bell Mobility OS on the Storm and STILL grabbing Verizon network only! when i go to a place where there is ONLY Bell networks, it says Roaming!
Closed Thread