Old 04-09-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
rgc
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T Mobile
Default RexRegina or Fortte?

Please Login to Remove!

Hello everyone. This is my first post here as I have just received my first BlackBerry, the 8900. On a side note, how did I ever get by without one but I digress. I want a holster for it and have narrowed it down (I think) to the Fortte Latteral Pouch and the RexRegina Winston Case. Even with all the options on the Fortte leather, I was leaning toward the RexRegina in regards to overall style. That said, I notice the Easter sale that Fortte has which brings their price down by about $15.

I am just not sure if the RR is worth the extra $15 or if one is just plain superior to the other in terms of quality. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
rgc

Last edited by rgc; 04-09-2009 at 02:46 PM..
Old 04-09-2009, 06:39 PM   #2
sele

Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted

I have never had one from Regina but have owned several from Forte, both for berry and iphone. The quality of these cases is outstanding and they are well worth the money. I have owned several cheaper cases but they always wear out. I have not worn out either of my side pouches from Forte.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:40 PM   #3
rgc

That helps a great deal. I have seen where both seem to be on top of costumer service. I sent an email to RR and got a quick reply from Kevin, pretty impresive.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
SVF

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

Have winston case. Used for 1 week. Quality is cheap, cheap, cheap.
thin leather, no padding, stitching pitiful and its universal. The case fits Bold and curve which means without custom modification the 8900 will slide around thus in and out of sleep mode. Anyone who claims this product to be top quality has a bias or is talking about pictures. Attempts for return was responded with less than adequate. 50 bucks goodbye.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:51 PM   #5
rgc

Well, the more I think about it, the more I believe I should get a pocket type sleve instead of a belt holster. Althoug the belt holster is handy, it might look a little tacky when I take off my suit coat. The problem now is that there are quite a few pouches and sleeves I like.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:53 PM   #6
rgc

Just wondering where some of these cases are made?

I believe that Fortte and Piel Frama are made in Spain.
Vaja is made in Argentina.
Beyza cases are made in Turkey.
Not so sure on where RexRegina and Sena are made though.

Can anyone fill in the blanks for me?

Last edited by rgc; 04-10-2009 at 11:43 PM..
Old 04-25-2009, 03:09 PM   #7
ruconscious
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: 249f5d58
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgc View Post
Well, the more I think about it, the more I believe I should get a pocket type sleve instead of a belt holster. Althoug the belt holster is handy, it might look a little tacky when I take off my suit coat. The problem now is that there are quite a few pouches and sleeves I like.
i feel you on the "taking off your coat" comment. it's all good when you are working but when you're hanging out you want it in your pocket. i did like the options you have with Fortte. you know the custom options.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:39 AM   #8
rgc

I ended up going with Beyza Cases slim pouch. I have shopped for a lot of leather accessories over the years and tend to go a little overboard in my purchases (heck my new wallet is from Ettingerxxx8217;s of London). That said, the Beyza uses excellent quality leather and the stitching is impeccable. I love the little cut out for the led light to blink through. Another fine point of this case is that it supports the sleep function, however, they must use a very thin magnet as you can not tell it is even there. Over all I am really digging this case. The only change I would make to it would be to make it a millimeter or two taller thus giving the 8900 a little more coverage if it was to fall out of your pocket and hit the ground at the very top of the case. As it is right now, a fall like that would still put the impact on the BB and not on the case. Still, fit and finish is of the highest quality.

rgc
Old 04-28-2009, 10:41 AM   #9
rgc

I forgot to add that I was able to get the Beyza Slim Pouch for under thirty shipping included. Quite the deal at that price.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:31 PM   #10
amazingmom

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

New to Forum today...

Just want to interject how impressed I am with Rex Regina. I recently ordered a Morgan case for my 8330. It was so tight that there was no way the phone would slide all the way into the case, without tearing out some of its stitiching. I contacted the company where I purchased it, and they assured me that it was, indeed, the correct case for my phone and that it would stretch out in time. (Kind of difficult to stretch, if you can't get the phone in to begin with...)

So, I contacted Rex Regina directly. Kevin has been just delightful to work with, and went out of his way to have a replacement case sent to him first, to make sure it fit, before sending it on to me, free of charge. Rex Regina even paid for the return postage on the original case. Rex Regina provides that wonderful old customer service that is hard to find these days. They are certainly top notch in my book.... and the leathers are top quality, too. I love my pink croc case!
Closed Thread