Old 12-01-2008, 08:13 AM   #1
MobileDeveloper
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Help needed from programmers with RIM Licensing Key

Please Login to Remove!

I have developed some blackberry programs but has not been able to run them on my BlackBerry as I dont have the development key from RIM Licensing

Would some one with Development key please be able to compile my program and then give me the associated Cod and .alx files ?

All the programs are related with Call handling
Old 12-01-2008, 09:27 AM   #2
blakeburry

Model: 666
Carrier: T-Eufel

It wouldn't be real clever to do this. If you do something "evil" the owner of the key is in trouble.
It's only 20$ and you'll get it quick from RIM. No problem.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:46 AM   #3
MobileDeveloper
Thumbs Must Hurt

But I will be providing the full java code as well so that any one can verify there isn't any malicious code in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeburry View Post
It wouldn't be real clever to do this. If you do something "evil" the owner of the key is in trouble.
It's only 20$ and you'll get it quick from RIM. No problem.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:18 AM   #4
jwb

Model: Many
Carrier: T-Mobile

This would be a violation of the developer's agreement with RIM. Just get your own key. It's cheap.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:05 AM   #5
MobileDeveloper
Thumbs Must Hurt

Please remember that this is a simple program and I will be providing the full source code

The program just detects the number being dialled , automaticaly ends the call and dials a different number
Old 12-03-2008, 09:28 AM   #6
Dan East
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: US Cellular

Call me completely paranoid, but the pattern of your posts is rather disconcerting:

Quote:
Does anyone know how to connect a BlackBerry device to all the nearby accesible BlueTooth Handsets and then exchange data ?

Is it possible to have automatic Bluetooth pairing ?
So you want to find and access other people's phones automatically without any user interaction. Hmm.

Quote:
Does any know how to implement a code that will let me listen for incoming SMS and also read the SMS ?
Quote:
Is it possible to handle Outbound SMS ?

I would like to capture the SMS and automatically read the content
Here you are wanting to capture all SMS messages sent or received.

Quote:
The program just detects the number being dialled , automaticaly ends the call and dials a different number
When I dial a phone number (maybe like 911) why would I want my phone to call somewhere else?

Quote:
I have developed some blackberry programs but has not been able to run them on my BlackBerry as I dont have the development key from RIM Licensing

Would some one with Development key please be able to compile my program and then give me the associated Cod and .alx files ?
So either you don't want to fork out a whopping $20, or you don't want the application your produce to be traced back to you.

Now you may have something legitimate in the works, but the tin-foil-hat wearing side of me wants to think you are creating malware that sends people to phone numbers they didn't dial (like pay-per-call 1-900 numbers, or advertisements), capture all SMS messages and perhaps send them to your server, and propagate covertly via bluetooth to other phones. It shouldn't be surprising that others don't want to sign your application for you.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:04 AM   #7
hrbuckley
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: LEZ10
Carrier: Rogers CA

Nice detective work Dan, its only paranoia if they aren't following you
Old 12-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #8
soupandsandwich

This whole thread should be locked/deleted.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:48 AM   #9
MobileDeveloper
Thumbs Must Hurt

I believe I had made myself very clear that I will be providing the full source code

Do you think it would be so hard to go through the code and find any malicious code ?
Old 12-04-2008, 09:41 AM   #10
hrbuckley
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: LEZ10
Carrier: Rogers CA

Certainly more difficult that it would be for you to get your own signing key. Also if jwb is correct and signing someone an app for a third party is a violation of the agreement, then RIM could cancel the signer's key jeopardizing his development.

If I was going to estimate the cost for me to go through your code to be confident enough to endorse it, it would be many orders of magnitude larger than the $20 RIM charges for the key.

Do you think it is so hard to get your own key? If you had started the process Dec 1st you would have signed your app by now. I got my keys the same day.
Closed Thread