emacf1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iare Tosevite View Post
Know what's weird? I now can't find the file that kept crashing your program...
use the Search function - and type '*media*' - I think it was something like medialoader.ml ?!
Old 05-15-2009, 03:27 PM   #222
Iare Tosevite
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

It's hidden file. I found it and tried to open it, it returned a error message but didn't crash this time.

I was testing view hidden files/folder option, I notice that view doesn't get updated when that option is changed, but once I changed directories it worked.

Can you add option to turn on or off on creation of play-list feature? It should default to on, however. I will never use the play-list feature myself.

Thanks.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:52 AM   #223
emacf1

Quote:
It's hidden file. I found it and tried to open it, it returned a error message but didn't crash this time.
amaaaaazing!

Quote:
I was testing view hidden files/folder option, I notice that view doesn't get updated when that option is changed, but once I changed directories it worked.
consider it done!

Quote:
Can you add option to turn on or off on creation of play-list feature? It should default to on, however. I will never use the play-list feature myself.
again it must by my bad English - but I have difficulties to understand, what you mean - as long as you do not have a "playlist directory" defined in the options, the complete functionality in BBFileScout should be disabled... [at least that was the "plan"]

Matthias

Last edited by emacf1; 05-16-2009 at 02:54 AM..
Old 05-16-2009, 02:54 AM   #224
emacf1

BBFileScout update to 0.6.8.1 *hotfix*

What's fixed?
* Fixed NullPointerException when moving files
* File listing gets reloaded automatically when you toggle the option "show hidden files"

Installation & Update
You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the BBFileScout Homepage

Actually I just can recommend to all, that when you open a JAD via the browser (that you has installed previously) then you should always choose "refresh/reload" from the #Menu before you actually hit the install button.

Please note, that updating BBFileScout on OS 5.x might require an deinstallation of BBFileScout before you are able to install the new version of BBFileScout.

Once again: Deleting or renaming os relevant files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk! - Don't blame me, if you have bricked your BB.

Matthias

PS: 100% free 100% offline GPSLogger is back online...

Last edited by emacf1; 05-16-2009 at 03:12 AM..
Old 05-16-2009, 01:12 PM   #225
Iare Tosevite
CrackBerry Addict

Oh I just want ability to turn off all features relating to playlist.

At same time it's really on way either, so maybe not bother with this feature.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:13 PM   #226
emacf1

Quote:
Oh I just want ability to turn off all features relating to playlist...
finally it made 'click' here - once you have defined a playlist directory in the BBFileScout options, there is NO WAY to get rid of this settings... Expect in the next release of BBFileScout that you are able to remove this value in the options - and with that all playlist MenuItems will disappear...
Old 05-16-2009, 10:12 PM   #227
jbeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by emacf1 View Post
BBFileScout update to 0.6.8.1 *hotfix*

What's fixed?
* Fixed NullPointerException when moving files
Thanks for fixing this ... I noticed this a day or two ago, but wasn't sure how to reproduce it specifically (plus I wasn't sure if there was any risk to the files).
Old 05-19-2009, 11:24 AM   #228
jbeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

By the way, maybe I missed it but I was wondering ... are there shortcuts to move around inside a file when in the text editor (for example, go to top or bottom of file, or go forward or backward one screen's worth)?
Old 05-19-2009, 01:13 PM   #229
emacf1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeek View Post
By the way, maybe I missed it but I was wondering ... are there shortcuts to move around inside a file when in the text editor (for example, go to top or bottom of file, or go forward or backward one screen's worth)?
:-D No you did not miss anything - the Editor haven't been touched since the first versions - so there haven't been happen a lot in the last 2 month - so do you have any preferred short cut key?
Old 05-19-2009, 02:59 PM   #230
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Lightbulb

Quote:
:-D No you did not miss anything - the Editor haven't been touched since the first versions - so there haven't been happen a lot in the last 2 month - so do you have any preferred short cut key?
I'm not really sure how your might best implement this without disabling user's ability to enter certain characters within the text file unless, of course, you add a read only mode (enable from the menu). My suggestion is that you add an Option to specify whether files open by default as read only or editable -- a menu item in the Editor could toggle this mode for an open file.

Standard RIM shortcuts for the navigation functions requested could be implemented while in read only mode as follows:
  • <SPACE>: move down one screen;
  • <SHIFT>+<SPACE>: move up one screen;
  • B: bottom of file; and
  • T: top of file.

Last edited by visortgw; 05-19-2009 at 03:01 PM..
Old 05-19-2009, 10:51 PM   #231
jbeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by visortgw View Post
I'm not really sure how your might best implement this without disabling user's ability to enter certain characters within the text file unless, of course, you add a read only mode (enable from the menu). My suggestion is that you add an Option to specify whether files open by default as read only or editable -- a menu item in the Editor could toggle this mode for an open file.

Standard RIM shortcuts for the navigation functions requested could be implemented while in read only mode as follows:
  • <SPACE>: move down one screen;
  • <SHIFT>+<SPACE>: move up one screen;
  • B: bottom of file; and
  • T: top of file.
I like this suggestion for toggling between edit and read modes, as well as the shortcuts for read mode.

As to adding something for scrolling in editing mode, I don't know either how to implement shortcuts directly via keystrokes without adversely affecting how one enters text. However, an alternative solution might be to add menu entries in edit mode to scroll forward/backward by a screen and another to scroll to the top/bottom of the file. Not elegant, but effective
Old 05-20-2009, 02:01 AM   #232
emacf1

just a small note here - you "can" switch between view & edit mode for the TextEditor/Viewer in BBFileScout (that can be done in the Options)

Quote:
Checkbox 'Allow editing in SimpleTextViewer'
Allow editing in SimpleTextViewer (default OFF) Once it's enabled in the options you can edit the text files that you have opened in the SimpleTextEditor. But BBFileScout is still far away from becoming a fully functional text editor (that might change in further releases).
But of course I understand, that you want to switch between edit/view directly in the Edit/View Screen...

Concerning the Key-Shortcuts - "Bingo!" you hit the nail on it's head... (concerning that the user like to enter text) but actually there might be key-modifiers (right now I have ALT in my mind) that could be used in order to trigger the navigation...

Matthias

Last edited by emacf1; 05-20-2009 at 02:04 AM..
Old 05-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #233
jbeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Concerning the Key-Shortcuts - "Bingo!" you hit the nail on it's head... (concerning that the user like to enter text) but actually there might be key-modifiers (right now I have ALT in my mind) that could be used in order to trigger the navigation...

Matthias
Interesting...how are you thinking of getting around the use of ALT to type what's on the "upper" part of the keys (numbers and symbols like ?, !, @, #, etc)?

Joachim
Old 05-20-2009, 01:31 PM   #234
Iare Tosevite
CrackBerry Addict

Can you use the other buttons such as trackball click, phone hangup, etc?

I would use volume down for page down, up for page up.

Phone up and hang up could be start of text and end, respectively.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:09 PM   #235
jbeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Can you use the other buttons such as trackball click, phone hangup, etc?

I would use volume down for page down, up for page up.

Phone up and hang up could be start of text and end, respectively.
Very good...hadn't thought of using those.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:35 AM   #236
emacf1

I'll have to check, if the phone hangup button etc can be used... I am not sure if the users will be that happy, editing a text and once the BlackBerry bugs us with a call we can't really pick up the phone... But I am confident that there will be a solution - might be not already in the next release - but for sure I made a note on my todo list.

Matthias

Last edited by emacf1; 05-22-2009 at 06:39 AM..
Old 05-22-2009, 08:23 AM   #237
emacf1

BBFileScout update to 0.6.9
What's new?
* Hide and unhide files and directories via the File/Directory information popup
* Option 'Show filenames in Menus' - enables/disables the display of current selected file in the #Menu (default on)

What's fixed?
* Fixed internal NullPointerException [when updating root]
* Options: it's now possible the remove a previously specified playlist directory (in order to disable the complete playlist functionality of BBFileScout)

Installation & Update

Actually I just can recommend to all, that when you open a JAD via the browser (that you has installed previously) then you should always choose "refresh/reload" from the #Menu before you actually hit the install button.

Please note, that updating BBFileScout on OS 5.x might require an deinstallation of BBFileScout before you are able to install the new version of BBFileScout.

Once again: Deleting or renaming os relevant files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk! - Don't blame me, if you have bricked your BB.

Matthias
Old 05-24-2009, 03:36 PM   #238
pixelated

Model: 8700c
PIN: My spouse doesnt even have my pin
Carrier: AT&T

installed to try on my 8700c, works great, still learning the BB interface, but was rather easy to use...

thanks,

-pixelated

p.s. on payday check your $$$ :') yeah wont be big i am currently unemployed but it will be something...
Old 05-25-2009, 01:22 PM   #239
emacf1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelated View Post
p.s. on payday check your $$$ :') yeah wont be big i am currently unemployed but it will be something...
that's why it's said on the website: - what ever you think the application is worth and of course what ever you can (or will) afford to pay
Old 06-18-2009, 01:35 PM   #240
emacf1

BBFileScout update to 0.7

What's new?
* Option to specify the maximal size of files that can be opened with the internal BBFileScout text viewer/editor (make your choice depending on the performance of your BlackBerry® device) - In the past the editor had a limit of 250 KiB.

What's fixed?
* Options: it's now possible the remove a previously specified thumbnail-store directory (in order to disable the complete thumbnail persistence)
* Options: it's now possible the remove a previously specified startup directory

Please note, that I have moved all the content to a new domain: http://www.emacberry.com [bb.emacf1.com does not exist any longer]

Installation & Update

When you update your previous BBFileScout you might get an Information when updating to the new Version [a module with the same name (BBFileScout) already exist] - simply continue by pressing "OK".

Matthias
Closed Thread