Old 03-01-2009, 05:40 PM   #1
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

Model: 8900
Carrier: None
Default Poynt problems...

Please Login to Remove!

Hey everyone

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue with Poynt yet... well i did an OS upgrade last night from .155 to .168 on my 8900... well Poynt was working before this, i know because i used it earlier in the day to look up movie times...

well now that i have upgraded, i was setting everything else back to the way it was like redoing my settings etc, well i went into poynt and accepted the terms and conditions, and went to add my location again at the top, instead of waiting for the GPS i just set a location (my city). normally it pulls up the city the first time without issues and saves it. however this time it was just thinking and sending and then comes back with a communication error...

so i deleted the app, rebooted, and then re-installed the app, and then again rebooted via a battery pull... opened the app and did the same, accepted the terms and conditions in poynt and continued to input my location again... again this time was the same came back with a communication error and wont look up my location... so i am stuck here... not sure what else to do...

yes i have a BB data plan, yes i have my APN settings set correctly etc etc...

anyone else have any ideas?

thanks!
Old 03-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #2
bpdunsta
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Same problem here on 8310 running 4.5.0.110 (152). Used to work fine....wife just told me today that it hasn't worked since I installed the new OS (a few weeks ago).
Closed Thread